Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

Gregminimum

Post by Gregminimum » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:13 pm

Thanks,

My existing tables are called phpbb2_posts, phpbb2_forums, phpbb2_topics etc. So, I understand I have to look everywhere in approval.mod and change phpbb_ to phpbb2_ including the 10 lines of code to alter the tables and also including two other places in approval.mod where phpbb_ occurs.

Is this correct?

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi, i just installed your mod using easy mod but i can't find any feature in the admin to enable posting approval, i checked twice everywhere. The easy mod install generated only two warnings the rest went perfectly well.

Here are the warnings :

Code: Select all

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [language/lang_french/lang_faq.php] could not find:

$faq[] = array("Why can't I vote in polls?" 

MOD script line #1547 :: FAQ :: Report

Warning

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [language/lang_french/lang_main.php] could not find:

You can lock

MOD script line #1594 :: FAQ :: Report
Second question is, is this mod compatible with french translation? If not, what do i have to do to make it work.

Last question, is there a place where i can find a complete help file showing where to go and how to use this mod?
A life? What is that? Where can i get one? ;P

CrazyOne of the CrazyCoders

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:29 am

Gregminimum wrote: My existing tables are called phpbb2_posts, phpbb2_forums, phpbb2_topics etc. So, I understand I have to look everywhere in approval.mod and change phpbb_ to phpbb2_ including the 10 lines of code to alter the tables and also including two other places in approval.mod where phpbb_ occurs.

Is this correct?

If you install this (any) MOD with Easy MOD, you do not need to rename tables in the SQL statements. If you plan to execute SQL standalone, then yes, you do need to rename tables.

Other than that, you do not need to look in approval.mod for phpbb_ table prefix, because there isn't any.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:36 am

crazycoders wrote: Here are the warnings :

These warnings are normal. Since this MOD has no French translation (yet). Wanna do one? :wink:
If not, what do i have to do to make it work.

You need to make two things:
- A button with French word approve on it
- Translate all messages added by this MOD to the lang_*.php files

Last question, is there a place where i can find a complete help file showing where to go and how to use this mod?

Look at the beginning of this topic, where the screenshots are together with a very long post or read the readme file.

wolfcry044

Post by wolfcry044 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 am

I have been trying for two days to get this mod to work with my template, but it keeps giving me errors. The template is nothing more than subsilver with a few changes. I really did not change anything that I thought would make the mod not work.

When you change the name of the template, does that throw the mod off from working and give it errors? I tried it out on plain subsilver, and it worked with no errors. However upon trying it with my template it gave errors. It also gave errors on other templates I tried. But I don't understand it, my template is nothing more than subsilver with a few changes. :roll:

Anyway, I don't want to be stuck with subsilver all my life. Is there a way to get past those errors?

The mod seems to work even with the errors for the most part. However it does not send an email when a post needs approved, and I need that.

Here are the errors I am getting:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/columbiaheights/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

a.topictitle:hover 

MOD script line #1627 :: FAQ :: Report

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/columbiaheights/simple_header.tpl] could not find:

a.topictitle:hover 

MOD script line #1660 :: FAQ :: Report

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/columbiaheights/viewtopic_body.tpl] could not find:

<td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">{postrow.QUOTE_IMG} 

MOD script line #1724 :: FAQ :: Report

wolfcry044

Post by wolfcry044 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:02 am

I forgot to mention, I have been using easy-mod to install the mod. And my forums are the same version as was reccomended for this mod.

*Later on*
I have installed it only on subsilver, and then installed my othe template after that. It worked using that template, except that when I tried to create an account after that to test the mod out, it keeps giving me errors. Here is the error:

Failed sending email :: PHP :: 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
It did not do that before I installed the mod. Do you know how to fix that? I'm thinking it has something to do with the email part of the mod? Perhaps that's why email is not working?

Thanks.

wolfcry044

Post by wolfcry044 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:38 pm

Figured it out. Sorry about that. I did not know a person had to specifically be a mod on that forum to get email notifications. Works now.

That email error I was getting was because I was using the forums on localhost. Sorry about that too, didn't think about that.

Thanks for the Mod, it's awesome. I'm doing this site for my church, and they don't want people just being able to post anything they want. I have to say, I really appreciate your Mod, and the hard work you've put into it. Thanks a million!

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:30 pm

- A button with French word approve on it

Give me the PSD file that include all the buttons for your mod and i'll do the button...
Look at the beginning of this topic, where the screenshots are together with a very long post or read the readme file.

Been there, done that, the problem is i don't see anything approval related on my board, although easymod says it's been installed!!!

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:36 pm

OMG!!! 8O

I did not see there was a NEXT STEP when installing the mod... my forum is blue on navy blue, and buttons too, hard to see much text.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:06 pm

crazycoders wrote: I did not see there was a NEXT STEP when installing the mod...

...eeerrm which NEXT STEP?
Give me the PSD file that include all the buttons for your mod and i'll do the button...

you can get it yourself here:

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

Scroll to the very bottom of that page...
Been there, done that, the problem is i don't see anything approval related on my board, although easymod says it's been installed!!!

Let me guess... you are trying to use the Admin CP in French?

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:21 pm

No no no, you don't understand, it works now... it was in easy mod the problem i had, there is a button NEXT STEP i have to click to continue the installation, that is why nothing was working...

I got it working and have made the necessary translations here they are, tell me if i missed anything :

lang_main.php

//
// Approval
//
$lang['Approve'] = 'Approbation';
$lang['Approve_this'] = 'Approuver ce message';
$lang['Approve_warning'] = 'Ce message ne sera pas visible aux autres utilisateurs avant qu\'un modérateur ne l\'approuve!';
$lang['Approve_mod_notify'] = 'Avertissement d\'approbation d\'un message';
$lang['Approve_cannot_reply'] = 'Ce fil de message doit être approuvé avant d\'autoriser l\'écriture d\'une réponse.';
$lang['Approve_unapproved_topic'] = '[En attente d\'approbation du modérateur]';
$lang['Approve_unapproved_subject'] = '[Message non approuvé]';
$lang['Approve_unapproved_text'] = 'Ce message attend une approbation d\'un administrateur.';
$lang['Approve_unapproved_mini'] = '[Non-approuvé]';
$lang['Approve_unapproved_contains'] = '[Contient des messages non-approuvés]';
$lang['Approve_approved_ok'] = 'Ce message a été approuvé avec succès.';
$lang['Approve_approved_already'] = 'Ce message ne requiert pas d\'approbation.';
$lang['Approve_approved_topics'] = 'Les messages sélectionnés ont été approuvés.';
and

approve_notify.tpl

Subject: {SITENAME} Avertissement d'autorisation de message
Charset: iso-8859-1

Bonjour,

Vous recevez ce message automatique en tant que modérateur du forum '{FORUM_NAME}' de {SITENAME}.
Il y a un nouveau message qui nécessite votre approbation.

Vous pouvez utiliser ce lien pour voir le message avant de l'approuver :

{U_POST}

Vous pouvez utiliser le lien suivant pour approuver le message directement (Le texte complet est disponible ci-dessous) :

{U_APPROVE}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Titre: {TOPIC_TITLE}
Auteur: {USERNAME}
Sujet: {POST_SUBJECT}

{POST_TEXT}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{EMAIL_SIG}
lang_admin.php

$lang['Forum_approve_description'] = 'Approbation des messages<br /><br />Si activé, chaque message envoyé par un non-modérateur devra être validé.<br />par un modérateur/administrateur avant d\'être disponible pour tous les utilisateurs.';
$lang['Forum_approve_enabled'] = 'Activer l\'approbation des messages';
$lang['Forum_approve_warning'] = 'Afficher un message lors de l\'écriture du nouveau message';
$lang['Forum_approve_hide'] = 'Cacher les messages non-approuvés';
$lang['Forum_approve_message'] = 'Avertir les modérateurs par message privé';
$lang['Forum_approve_email'] = 'Avertir les modérateurs par courriel';

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:52 pm

crazycoders wrote: I got it working and have made the necessary translations here they are, tell me if i missed anything

Great! I think this is most of it (I will double check later) with the exception of the lang_faq entries. There is one or two (can't remember now) entires in lang_faq too.

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:10 pm

Got the languages in the FAQ, and here goes :

INSERT AFTER

$faq[] = array("Pourquoi ne puis-je pas voter dans un sondage ?", "Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent voter dans un sondage (afin d'éviter le trucage des résultats). Si vous vous êtes enregistré et que vous ne pouvez toujours pas voter, alors vous n'avez probablement pas les droits d'accès appropriés.");

INSERT LINE

$faq[] = array("Pourquoi ne puis-je pas voir le message que je viens d'écrire?", "Le forum dans lequel vous avez envoyé un message a probablement activé la fonction d'approbation. Donc, ceci implique que tous les messages envoyés ne seront visibles qu'aussitôt approuvé. Vous n'avez pas à entreprendre d'action supplémentaire car c'est au modérateur de décider si votre message sera ajouté ou non.");

For the button, we'll let it go unless you PM me your email, and i'll send you the button i created from the english (Already made before you sent the PSD file link)

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:59 pm

crazycoders wrote: For the button, we'll let it go unless you PM me your email

My email is not a secret. You will find it in the readme file. :wink:
Last edited by uncle.f on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazycoders

Post by crazycoders » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:17 pm

:( doh (I smell a post count increase!)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”