[26/01/07] Anti-Spam: Only Active Members Can Post URLs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
10%
Good
8%
Fair
4%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 50

Farlaugh

Re: [26/01/07] Anti-Spam: Only Active Members Can Post URLs

Post by Farlaugh »

Great mod. This is the first mod I have installed. I followed the directions except I wasn't sure where to put the first line. after the ? so I put it under the text at the beginning.

My Problem,

The mod is blocking the spam but my admin panel navigation is gone. Anyone know which one of the pages I updated would control that? Better yet, anyone know what I might have done?
tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica »

Farlaugh wrote: The mod is blocking the spam but my admin panel navigation is gone. Anyone know which one of the pages I updated would control that? Better yet, anyone know what I might have done?
You have made an error in templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl
or in admin/admin_board.php
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein
SteeLx

Post by SteeLx »

thankx, thats wht i been searching for :)
duderiffic

Post by duderiffic »

Anything planned for phpBB 3.0? Or is there some functionality in phpBB 3 that covers roughly this mod? I tried _MANY_ different mods in phpBB 2 to stop spam and this one did the trick and for that I'm extremely grateful.

Thanks!
lucker777

Post by lucker777 »

It is cool mod!
I want to use it in phpBB 3.0.
How can I install it there? Which should i change?

Great Thanks!
fortberry

only censor posting but not viewing?

Post by fortberry »

I'm trying to use this mod to get around a problem I'm having with the built-in phpbb word censor:

I do want to limit URL posts to "approved members" like your mod suggests, but until someone becomes an "approved member" and can post URLs, he's still being blocked from seeing full URLs posted by "approved members" - both by the word censor and by this mod.

I wanted to use this mod to censor the posting stage but not the viewing stage: if I, the Admin, post a URL, I'd still like unapproved members to see it. Is there any way to configure this mod to do that?
deejay_p3k

Post by deejay_p3k »

can som1 help,i use forumotion,but in adminstration panel i can't find SQL object.can someone help with instruction?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”