[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

phphelp1234

Post by phphelp1234 »

phphelp1234 wrote: how do i install this with easymod? i compy the directory over to my mod folder and when i try to install via admin control panel i get:

"Could not open [./mods/Anti_Spam_ACP_v1.1.02a/LICENSE.txt] for reading."

i delete that file and get the same thing but for "read_me_first.txt"

delete that and a screen shows up showing no available mods.

something simple i know but cant figure it out. please help. thanks

edit: woops, looks like i have an old version...gonna try the newest 1. silly me :oops:

edit2: now i'm getting

"Could not open [./mods/Anti-Spam_ACP/Anti-Spam_ACP.mod] for reading."

chmod values look fine

any help on this appreciated. thanks in advance :)

phphelp1234

Post by phphelp1234 »

here is a snapshot of my ftp directory. thanks again:

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

BGC Mackey wrote:
EXreaction wrote:But I would really love it if someone could test it for me. :)

I tried to install it but it gave me 3 errors; my board is heavily modded and I'm using EasyMOD though. One was a whitespace problem in my 2nd theme. The 2nd is:

Mod line 670:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "
The only line I have in memberlist.php that looks like that is line 294:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;
And lastly, the SQL file is broken. Line 224:

$sql[] = "ALTER TABLE ' . CONFIRM_TABLE . ' CHANGE `code` `code` CHAR( 8 )';
         ^            ^
After fixing those, so far so good :)

/mackey

Thanks, I will look at that. :)
Gib... wrote: Hi,

Thanks for your answers on my doubts. I installed Beta 1.

I found a few problems so far.

I have "Send notification email" set to Yes. Then, I added one forbidden field on the registration form. Got an entry in the spam log but no notification email. Test email works fine.

I tried to register entering the wrong letters for Confirmation code. I got this error:

Failed to update log table.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'image était: "UJZR". Vous avez entré: "UJZp".
')' at line 2
Seems to try entering this (in French) in the database:
$lang['Wrong_Captcha_Code'] = 'Vous avez entré un code de confirmation erroné. Le code dans l\'image était "%s". Vous avez entré: "%s".';. Looks like the problem is the quote passed to $as_triggers. Works OK if I remove the quote.

In anti_spam_acp.tpl, in this line

<td align="left" width="150px"><input class="post" type="text" maxlength="4" size="5" name="as_acp_posting_url_post" value="{POSTING_URL_POSTS}" /> {L_POSTS}</td>
The correct variable is {POSTING_URL_POST}. There was no display of the database content of as_acp_posting_url_post.

I made the French translation, only remains the left panel of Admin,under Anti-spam (General options, inactive user list, profile options, Spam log), which I can't translate because the words are not in the lang file. I solved that by adding 4 entries such as $lang['Inactive_Userlist'] to lang_admin.php and corresponding underscore in your code for each module ($module['Anti Spam']['General_Options']).

One more comment. In the inactive user list, I have 5 pages of pagination even when there is one or no inactive users. Seems to be the number of pages to display the whole list of users, the count should be for the inactive users only.

Thanks I will look at those also. :)
garryoak wrote: Thanks for your hard work, Ex, I am really itching to try this. Tonight I installed EasyMOD, since I am lazy sysadmin and not a coder at all. Then I ran the .mod file through the validator at http://www.phpbb.com/mods/validator.php and it didn't like some of the syntax. Is this a real problem, and if so can you (or I) fix it?

Just remember that I won't include upgrade paths, so to install the final or the next Beta you will need to uninstall and reinstall the mod. :)

I still have a few things to work on, I will see what I get with the validator though, thanks. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

phphelp1234 wrote: how do i install this with easymod? i compy the directory over to my mod folder and when i try to install via admin control panel i get:

"Could not open [./mods/Anti_Spam_ACP_v1.1.02a/LICENSE.txt] for reading."

i delete that file and get the same thing but for "read_me_first.txt"

delete that and a screen shows up showing no available mods.

something simple i know but cant figure it out. please help. thanks

edit: woops, looks like i have an old version...gonna try the newest 1. silly me :oops:

edit2: now i'm getting

"Could not open [./mods/Anti-Spam_ACP/Anti-Spam_ACP.mod] for reading."

chmod values look fine

That is very strange. Try downloading the files to your desktop or something and then opening them. Make sure they are all good and not corrupt files. :)

phphelp1234

Post by phphelp1234 »

yup, files are fine. the only way i got it to recognize was downgrading easymod from .3 to 2a or something like that. then it shows up. problem is that it says it is incompatible with easy mod...when i try to install anyway I get errors. oh well, i tried. :(

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

BGC Mackey wrote:
EXreaction wrote:But I would really love it if someone could test it for me. :)

I tried to install it but it gave me 3 errors; my board is heavily modded and I'm using EasyMOD though. One was a whitespace problem in my 2nd theme. The 2nd is:

Mod line 670:

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "
The only line I have in memberlist.php that looks like that is line 294:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;
And lastly, the SQL file is broken. Line 224:

$sql[] = "ALTER TABLE ' . CONFIRM_TABLE . ' CHANGE `code` `code` CHAR( 8 )';
         ^            ^
After fixing those, so far so good :)

/mackey

It must be from your board being so heavily modified that it cant find it. The anonymous that you are supposed to find in Beta 1 is 2 lines after the $sql you search for just before that. :)

Gib, I have yet to look into the emailer and log stuff, but the rest should be fixed(I will think about adding the module lang names before I release it). I will release Beta 2 for you guys once I get the emailer and log stuff worked on. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

phphelp1234 wrote: yup, files are fine. the only way i got it to recognize was downgrading easymod from .3 to 2a or something like that. then it shows up. problem is that it says it is incompatible with easy mod...when i try to install anyway I get errors. oh well, i tried. :(

That is strange. Have you installed any other mods with the easymod you have installed on that forums?

phphelp1234

Post by phphelp1234 »

no, no other mods. this is the first time i'm trying to use easymod. I installed something manually before...forget what it was called. basically it just took the website field out of the registration page. didnt help at all with spammers.

i'll try and tinker with it some more this evening...thanks.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

phphelp1234 wrote: no, no other mods. this is the first time i'm trying to use easymod. I installed something manually before...forget what it was called. basically it just took the website field out of the registration page. didnt help at all with spammers.

i'll try and tinker with it some more this evening...thanks.

Ok, maybe Easymod isn't installed correctly. I would uninstall Easymod and re-install it(or did you try that?). :)

phphelp1234

Post by phphelp1234 »

i didnt "uninstall" it persay...I downgraded it to .2a and it recognized the mod but didnt have the "compatable with easymod" graphic next to it in the list. i attempted to install it anyway and it gave 1 error and didnt appear to install it correctly. basically, it couldnt find a line in one of the files in the main phpbb directory (forget which one , i'll have to run through it again)...i then tried upgrading back to easymod .3 but wound right back up at square 1.

so, i think what i probably need to do is downgrade easymod again, run the antispam install, then report back here with the specific error i get? as you can see its really 2 problems I'm dealing with here. spent all of last night spinning my wheels, uggh what a headache. hopefully i can get it sorted tonight after work. i need to figure out something because i'm getting at least 25 spam bot registrations per day. its so bad that i had to temporarily switch on the "admin confirm" option for new users.

my board is located @ www.metaldrone.com/phpBB2

keep in mind it is adult material and may not be suitable for work. i dont think you really need to look at it at this point anyway. I'll report back later.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, let me know what error you get. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Anti-Spam ACP 2.0.0 Beta 2:
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/files/php ... am_ACP.zip

I think I fixed all those problems that were reported. :)

I have not yet decided on the module language sections. I probably will add lang variables for them though. :)

dougfal

Fields still shown

Post by dougfal »

I installed 1.1.0.2 yesterday, and it has killed 5 spam registrations so far (9 others got through). However, the fields I've disabled in the admin panel still appear in the reg form - is that correct? I thought from the readmes that these fields were hidden, meaning that if they were filled in, the reg was flagged as spam. If they're still there, how is it working at all? :?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Fields still shown

Post by EXreaction »

dougfal wrote: I installed 1.1.0.2 yesterday, and it has killed 5 spam registrations so far (9 others got through). However, the fields I've disabled in the admin panel still appear in the reg form - is that correct? I thought from the readmes that these fields were hidden, meaning that if they were filled in, the reg was flagged as spam. If they're still there, how is it working at all? :?

If they show on the registration forum and you don't have it set to always on the mod isn't installed correctly for that style.

It performs the checks on a different document after you submit, so the template files do not matter(it will anger a lot of people that actually want to sign up if they get that error screen though).

dougfal

Post by dougfal »

Yes, I use RedSilver, and just dropped the template file in there so the options showed up in the admin area. What do I need to change to get the registration form to recognise those changes when using RedSilver?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”