[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

EXreaction wrote: Anti-Spam ACP 2.0.0 Beta 2:

Hi,

After installing Beta 2, I see the following problems:
  • I do not see the Profile Options page. The only thing I see in the right frame is the footer "Powered by phpBB 2.0.21 © 2001 phpBB Group". Can't figure out why because there does not seem to be any difference in admin_anti_spam_acp_profile.php.
  • I still have the same error (Failed to update log table) if there is a single quote in $lang['Wrong_Captcha_Code'] or $lang['No_Captcha_Code'] french string (l\'image). Update of spam log works fine when I remove the quote. I tried to display as_triggers in the general error with this:

Code: Select all

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, $as_triggers, "Failed to update log table.");
    and the quote is still there in the string.
  • The inactive user list still have a wrong pagination "Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next" even if it is empty.
  • not a bug but still: I noticed in the spam log someone having trouble with the code font. Differences between letter "i" and "l" and "o" and number "0". I myself had the same difficulties.
On the positive side, emailer of the notification works fine. Other 3 Anti-spam options pages work fine. Hiding of users on Index page (new registration) and memberlist work fine.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

dougfal wrote: Yes, I use RedSilver, and just dropped the template file in there so the options showed up in the admin area. What do I need to change to get the registration form to recognise those changes when using RedSilver?

The easiest thing you could try would be this:

First get a backup of your redSilver/profile_add_body.tpl.

Next copy subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl to redSilver/ and write over the redSilver version with your subSilver one. :)

If everything looks good after that, that is all you need to do. If it doesn't look right upload your backup and it will need to be updated manually(I will tell you how if the first way doesn't work).
Gib... wrote:
EXreaction wrote:Anti-Spam ACP 2.0.0 Beta 2:

Hi,

After installing Beta 2, I see the following problems:
  • I do not see the Profile Options page. The only thing I see in the right frame is the footer "Powered by phpBB 2.0.21 © 2001 phpBB Group". Can't figure out why because there does not seem to be any difference in admin_anti_spam_acp_profile.php.
  • I still have the same error (Failed to update log table) if there is a single quote in $lang['Wrong_Captcha_Code'] or $lang['No_Captcha_Code'] french string (l\'image). Update of spam log works fine when I remove the quote. I tried to display as_triggers in the general error with this:

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, $as_triggers, "Failed to update log table.");
    and the quote is still there in the string.
  • The inactive user list still have a wrong pagination "Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next" even if it is empty.
  • not a bug but still: I noticed in the spam log someone having trouble with the code font. Differences between letter "i" and "l" and "o" and number "0". I myself had the same difficulties.
On the positive side, emailer of the notification works fine. Other 3 Anti-spam options pages work fine. Hiding of users on Index page (new registration) and memberlist work fine.

That is weird. Have you tried re-uploading the profile php and tpl files?

Ok, I think I can figure out that quote problem then, I guess I was thinking it was something else. :)

The inactive userlist should be fine. :? I made the fix for it. Try re-uploading the inactive userlist php file. If that does not work could you open the inactive userlist php file and search for $count_sql. The last line should be:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " AND user_active = 1 $alpha_where";
Yes, I am going to change the language string if the users have the new captcha enabled and have GD so it says that there are only capital letters and there is no 0(zero). :)

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

After deleting the file and uploading, I finally saw the profile options. In the profile options template, there is an additionnal line that mess things up and is not in the Beta 1 files:
<td class="row1">{field_row.L_TITLE}: <br /></td>

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Gib... wrote: After deleting the file and uploading, I finally saw the profile options. In the profile options template, there is an additionnal line that mess things up and is not in the Beta 1 files:
<td class="row1">{field_row.L_TITLE}: <br /></td>

How is the inactive userlist now?

How did that extra <br/> get in there I wonder? :P

I fixed the quote problem, go in usercp_register.php, find
$as_triggers = stripslashes($as_triggers);

after, add
$as_triggers = str_replace("'", "\'", $as_triggers);

I looked at making options for using the language file for the module names, but it just would not have worked very good(since the names would be in a different language file and I would need to include that before it gives the modules the names).

I just have to change the language section for the new captcha. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

I released the final 2.0.0 version. :)
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/files/php ... am_ACP.zip
(includes the 1.1.02 to 2.0.0 upgrade information)

I also uploaded it to the ModDB. :)

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

Hi,

Good job. It's working pretty well. Quote problem solved, spam log works fine. Still a few things.
  • the pagination of the inactive user list still shows 5 pages.
  • When I try to register without entering the confirmation code, I get the string $lang['Confirm_code_wrong'], not $lang['No_Captcha_Code'].
  • the words in the left pane of the ACP cannot be translated without my changes mentioned before (strings added to lang_admin.php).
    I did not mention that before since I translate the strings in French, but some of the strings are a bit strange. The errors messages that contain "They incorrectly filled", "They did not fill", "No Captcha Code entered by user" make sense to the admin, but not much to the new user trying to register. In French I changed them to speak to the user (You did not fill, you did not entered any confirmation code, etc.)
If you want the French lang file to add to the contrib, MP me.

Other observation. I did not see the string New_Confirm_Code_Explain. I see the new captcha but I see it is conditional to GD being loaded. Probably it is not (but I see the new captcha). Strange. BTW, what is GD ? No idea what it is, maybe it could be said in the string New_Captcha_Explain.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Gib... wrote: Hi,

Good job. It's working pretty well. Quote problem solved, spam log works fine. Still a few things.
  • the pagination of the inactive user list still shows 5 pages.
  • When I try to register without entering the confirmation code, I get the string $lang['Confirm_code_wrong'], not $lang['No_Captcha_Code'].
  • the words in the left pane of the ACP cannot be translated without my changes mentioned before (strings added to lang_admin.php).
    I did not mention that before since I translate the strings in French, but some of the strings are a bit strange. The errors messages that contain "They incorrectly filled", "They did not fill", "No Captcha Code entered by user" make sense to the admin, but not much to the new user trying to register. In French I changed them to speak to the user (You did not fill, you did not entered any confirmation code, etc.)
If you want the French lang file to add to the contrib, MP me.

Other observation. I did not see the string New_Confirm_Code_Explain. I see the new captcha but I see it is conditional to GD being loaded. Probably it is not (but I see the new captcha). Strange. BTW, what is GD ? No idea what it is, maybe it could be said in the string New_Captcha_Explain.

Ah, I see, I had it counting the active users on accident, it's supposed to count the inactive users. :oops:

Are you talking about on the registration page? That is the error you always get, I just added the different lang sections for the log(I didn't change the error on that). ;)

Yes, I know they can't. But none of the phpBB2 module names are setup with language variables either, so I am fine with it(I don't want to make changes to the lang_admin.php file as well and don't want to mess around with having it use my language file for it(it probably would not work very well if at all).

Some of those versions are for the admin only. I used different strings for the user end.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Ok, now 2.0.0a with that minor fix. :P
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/files/php ... am_ACP.zip

It is a simple upgrade(upload the new inactive userlist php file and update the database with the new version #). 8)

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

EXreaction wrote: Ah, I see, I had it counting the active users on accident, it's supposed to count the inactive users. :oops:

Thanks. Corrected. I should have checked the value of "inactive" in the database and would have seen it is 0, not 1.
EXreaction wrote: Are you talking about on the registration page? That is the error you always get, I just added the different lang sections for the log(I didn't change the error on that). ;)

Oops. I assumed the user should see them also with the new captcha. OK.
EXreaction wrote: Yes, I know they can't. But none of the phpBB2 module names are setup with language variables either, so I am fine with it(I don't want to make changes to the lang_admin.php file as well and don't want to mess around with having it use my language file for it(it probably would not work very well if at all).

I have 2 small mods, not from phpbb web site, that use string in lang_admin.php and work fine. I also have Global annoucment which uses a string in admin for ACP. I don't see why you don't want to do it. No big deal though since we understand anyway it is only for the admin and the 4 options pages can be translated.

I tried again to get the string New_Confirm_Code_Explain. This is intended for the user, yes? I entrered correct information except lowercase confirmation code and tried with one zero (letter O in the image) and I only saw the general string Confirm_code_wrong. I have the error string in the spam log (for instance: Vous avez entré un code de confirmation erroné. Le code dans l'image était "UNH". Vous avez entré: "unh".)

Anyway, even with all those tests, no spammers yet on my board. Thanks for this essential mod.

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

One idea for the next release: it would be nice that when the admin activates a user in the inactive user list, this user would get the notification email that the registration was accepted. Like when clicking on the activation link in the New user email the admin gets on new registration.

kelisia

Post by kelisia »

Just a quick question.

Does this "Grandfather in" existing users? Or will it ban users who had the website field already filled out before I added the mod? Or is that even an issue?

dougfal

Post by dougfal »

Next copy subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl to redSilver/ and write over the redSilver version with your subSilver one. :)

If everything looks good after that, that is all you need to do. If it doesn't look right upload your backup and it will need to be updated manually(I will tell you how if the first way doesn't work).

I had done that already. How do I do it manually?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Gib... wrote: I tried again to get the string New_Confirm_Code_Explain. This is intended for the user, yes? I entrered correct information except lowercase confirmation code and tried with one zero (letter O in the image) and I only saw the general string Confirm_code_wrong. I have the error string in the spam log (for instance: Vous avez entré un code de confirmation erroné. Le code dans l'image était "UNH". Vous avez entré: "unh".)

Anyway, even with all those tests, no spammers yet on my board. Thanks for this essential mod.

Yes, that is shown on the registration page by the captcha instead of the other one if the users have the new captcha enabled(oh, and GD is a graphics library for php, if users don't have it they can not use the captcha I included, so I check for that and to see if it is enabled before I show the message). :)

Your quite welcome, thanks for reporting all your bugs and problems. :)
Gib... wrote: One idea for the next release: it would be nice that when the admin activates a user in the inactive user list, this user would get the notification email that the registration was accepted. Like when clicking on the activation link in the New user email the admin gets on new registration.

That should not be too hard. I will try to keep it in mind for next time. :)
kelisia wrote: Just a quick question.

Does this "Grandfather in" existing users? Or will it ban users who had the website field already filled out before I added the mod? Or is that even an issue?

It does nothing to users that have the stuff entered in already. Once the user that had that info in(if they are not allowed to have it) edits their profile it will just drop it and they won't get any warnings(this mod does not ban anyone BTW, just blocks if they do something bad). :)
dougfal wrote:

I had done that already. How do I do it manually?

Wait, you did it and it worked or you did it and it didn't look right? If it did not look right what you are going to have to do is look in the profile_add_body.tpl find the closest things to what my mod has, and add the stuff my mod adds to the same location(like the switches before and after the fields(make sure switches are alone on a line) and the required section if you are using 2.0.0a).

kelisia

Post by kelisia »

EXreaction wrote: It does nothing to users that have the stuff entered in already. Once the user that had that info in(if they are not allowed to have it) edits their profile it will just drop it and they won't get any warnings(this mod does not ban anyone BTW, just blocks if they do something bad). :)

Thanks so much :D Thats all I need to know before adding it to my forums! Thanks.

DeShock

Post by DeShock »

OK I have read through both support forums and didn't find an answer to my question.

I have 1.1.02 installed. I do not understand what I need to do to "upgrade". Is it a matter of copy the new files into the appropriate place? As an "ugprade do I need to run the install.php when I already have the MOD installed? Do I have to go in and edit the files or is that just for new installs?

I guess I am just a little hesitant to mess with things when my install of 1.1.02 went smoothly and is running fine. Sorry, if this seems obvious but this is the 1st and only mod I have installed. I manually installed it (no EasyMOD).
DeShock

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”