[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

Phineus4

Post by Phineus4 »

A clean install - forum and this mod. I get this error message when I try to access the spam log
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query log information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpbb.SPAM_LOG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM SPAM_LOG_TABLE ORDER BY log_id ASC

Line : 179
File : admin_anti_spam_acp_log.php

I ran the sql queries in the Anti-Spam_ACP.mod file.

[ edit ]

I thought I'd see how the Captcha rejected a bad entry and got this message.
Failed to update log table.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpbb.SPAM_LOG_TABLE' doesn't exist

However, a phpbb_spam_log table is clearly there.

[ update ] Problem solved.

in includes/constants.php I manually typed this line (rather than copy and paste from the mod file) and it seems to have fixed it.

define('SPAM_LOG_TABLE', $table_prefix.'spam_log');

While I'm here.

re: includes/functions.php

You have.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------
#

ANONYMOUS . "

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------
#

$as_sql
shouldn't it be ...

#
#

#
#

ANONYMOUS . 

#
#

$as_sql . 

I got errors until I sorted that one out.

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

LAzYbONEz wrote: Does anyone have this MOD running side by side with a Custom Profile Fields MOD? If you do, which MOD is it?

If you mean a MOD that add fields to the profile, I used this oneas a basis to add 3 fields to the profile (I changed the name of the variables). No problem with Anti-smap ACP and these additionnal fields.

annahaniwa

Post by annahaniwa »

I upgraded to 2.0.0a from 1.1.12 by easyMOD on phpBB 2.0.21 with no problems, but there is a problem with registering. When somebody tries to register, they get this error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_ip() (previously declared in /forums/includes/anti_spam_acp.php:75) in /forums/includes/anti_spam_acp.php on line 73

Also, in the admin panel I can't edit like how many posts to allow signatures etc anymore. Is this a change in this version or did I make some mistake?

EDIT:
Fixed. I changed

#
* functions
#
*/
#
function get_ip() // Gets the Users IP
to

#
* functions
#
*/
#
if ( function_exists('get_ip') )
#
{
#
return;
#
}
#
function get_ip() // Gets the Users IP

ElectricBlues

Post by ElectricBlues »

EXreaction wrote:
SpacePower wrote:First (think I said it already) great work. I have it installed on three forums I admin and it seems to work fine (had some upgrade problems - same errmsgs which were already reported and I fixed it manually) but on two boards it is still showing the old captcha.

In the General settings of AntiSpam there is written:
Note, if you do not have GD enabled in php it will automatically use the old.

What does this mean?

If the GD graphics library is not in your version of php it will use the old style captcha(the new captcha needs functions that are included in GD).

ElectricBlues wrote: ...
However, changes to the following options under General Setttings will not hold:
Hide Inactive Users
Use New Captcha
Log Visual Confirmation
URL/Links in Posts

The defaults just keep coming back. If your new Captcha fonts slow down the number of robot registrations, I really want that one working on my system.
Herm

Ya, sorry about that, I mixed up some names in the SQL for the updates. All you need to do is do the other SQL querys it has you do in the upgrade file(once Easymod finds an error in the SQL it stops all SQL entries, so you only need to do the ones that you didn't manually do already). :)

I already fixed the upgrade file on my site(late yesterday), so future users shouldn't have that problem. :)

Sorry about that again.

No sweat, it's all part of the developmental process.

I ran db_upgrade.php and that took care of the settings that wouldn't hold. The only outstanding issue I have is I'm not getting the new captcha. How does one go about determining if GD is enabled? Is that a function of a particular version of PHP? My board is currently running on PHP v 4.4.3.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Phineus4 wrote: While I'm here.

re: includes/functions.php

You have.

#
#

#
#

ANONYMOUS . "

#
#

$as_sql
shouldn't it be ...

#
#

#
#

ANONYMOUS . 

#
#

$as_sql . 

I got errors until I sorted that one out.

That should work either way. When you have a variable in double quotes php _should_ use the variable value.
ElectricBlues wrote: No sweat, it's all part of the developmental process.

I ran db_upgrade.php and that took care of the settings that wouldn't hold. The only outstanding issue I have is I'm not getting the new captcha. How does one go about determining if GD is enabled? Is that a function of a particular version of PHP? My board is currently running on PHP v 4.4.3.

Create a file with a .php extension. In it write:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Upload it to your server and go to it with a web browser(then look for a GD section. GD must be enabled and it must say something about freetype in the GD area).

ElectricBlues

Post by ElectricBlues »

EXreaction wrote:
ElectricBlues wrote:No sweat, it's all part of the developmental process.

Create a file with a .php extension. In it write:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
Upload it to your server and go to it with a web browser(then look for a GD section. GD must be enabled and it must say something about freetype in the GD area).

Thanks for the php tip. GD is enabled but no reference to freetype, so I guess that's why I'm not getting the new fonts. At least I know it's not due to a problem with the install.

frankenberry

Post by frankenberry »

Excellent mod, but it would have been nice to download the
most recent version as opposed to when I got it working
properly, the first thing the mod tells me is it is out of date. :?

Thank you for this mod EXreaction it is just
what I was looking for.

Kritheon

Post by Kritheon »

The install was very easy with easymod. I made sure to delete that huminizer mod (wasn't really working anymore anyway).

I too was kinda annoyed with the out-of-date message. Would hope that the newest mod was on these forums.

Good job though!
Webmaster of www.gameplayersanonymous.com

LAN Gaming!!!

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

I would love to have it show the latest one in the first post.

Problem is I can't decide that, the mod team must validate it before it gets updated. ;)

Kritheon

Post by Kritheon »

(thought about that after the post, COMPLETELY understand)

Question Ex:

I'm trying to do the upgrade from your site (1.1.02 to 2.0.0a) but easymod is stuck on one line and I'm not 100% sure as to what to do:
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

#
#

<td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width: 200px" name="confirm_code" size="{%:1}" maxlength="{%:2}" value="" /></td>

#
#-----[ INCREMENT ]-------------------------------------
# (must be at least 8 after)

%:1 +2

#

%:2 +2

Easymod can't find that line. I believe I've found the line (at least one that looks like is) but I'm not sure what the "increment" command is.

Here my line:
<!-- BEGIN switch_namechange_allowed -->
<tr>
<td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">{L_USERNAME}: *</span></td>
<td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:200px" name="username" size="25" maxlength="25" value="{USERNAME}" /></td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_namechange_allowed -->

Also you have some "delete" commands in there but they are remmed out. I'm not positive that easymod will delete those portions. I'll do it but hand with no problem, but would obviously love to use easymod.

Thanks for any help!
Webmaster of www.gameplayersanonymous.com

LAN Gaming!!!

j45on

Post by j45on »

Hi, I am posting again. My CAPTCHA is not appearing after the installation. I am at version 2.0.0a the latest version.

My GD is enabled and so is everything else except that mine is with freetype. I can change that using a new php.ini file but how? or can I change it?

turkey sweat

Post by turkey sweat »

installed 1.1.0.2, then upgraded to 2.0.21 in the same night. thus far, bots have been controlled. but my users, as well as myself (admin) cannot edit profiles. the following error appears when clicking on profile:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_ip() (previously declared in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php:75) in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php on line 73

also, when anyone tries to register, the following (same as above) comes up:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_ip() (previously declared in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php:75) in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php on line 73

i'm also getting this message even after upgrading:
You are not running the latest stable version of Anti-Spam ACP. The latest stable version is available at Lithium Studios.
The latest stable version is 2.0.0a. You are running 1.1.02.

i searched phpbb forums and googled six ways from sunday and haven't found a fix. MOD seems great, and i hate to revert to old backup, but i can't find a fix for this issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i've got 7000+ members, and a huge portion of them are killing me over this. thanks in advance.

ts

http://www.pro-rock.com/bb/index.php

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Kritheon wrote: (thought about that after the post, COMPLETELY understand)

Question Ex:

I'm trying to do the upgrade from your site (1.1.02 to 2.0.0a) but easymod is stuck on one line and I'm not 100% sure as to what to do:
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

#
#

<td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width: 200px" name="confirm_code" size="{%:1}" maxlength="{%:2}" value="" /></td>

#

%:1 +2

#

%:2 +2

Easymod can't find that line. I believe I've found the line (at least one that looks like is) but I'm not sure what the "increment" command is.

Here my line:
<!-- BEGIN switch_namechange_allowed -->
<tr>
<td class="row1" width="38%"><span class="gen">{L_USERNAME}: *</span></td>
<td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width:200px" name="username" size="25" maxlength="25" value="{USERNAME}" /></td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_namechange_allowed -->

Also you have some "delete" commands in there but they are remmed out. I'm not positive that easymod will delete those portions. I'll do it but hand with no problem, but would obviously love to use easymod.

Thanks for any help!

The increment is where you just increment the values in those sections. :)

You are looking in the wrong spot though, search for:

name="confirm_code"
Make the size and max length values 8. :)

The part where it says delete is just to make sure users know what is going on(many get confused easily when they first start out). EasyMod does do it right because it just replaces that found section with blank lines. :)

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

j45on wrote: Hi, I am posting again. My CAPTCHA is not appearing after the installation. I am at version 2.0.0a the latest version.

My GD is enabled and so is everything else except that mine is with freetype. I can change that using a new php.ini file but how? or can I change it?

Try turning the new captcha off in the adminCP and see if the old one works(I have seen some rather weird things on a modded board so I am trying to pinpoint what exactly is going on).

Yours is with freetype? Thats what it should be to work.

I don't know enough about php settings to help you out there.

Could you give me the URL to your board?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

turkey sweat wrote: installed 1.1.0.2, then upgraded to 2.0.21 in the same night. thus far, bots have been controlled. but my users, as well as myself (admin) cannot edit profiles. the following error appears when clicking on profile:

also, when anyone tries to register, the following (same as above) comes up:

i'm also getting this message even after upgrading:
You are not running the latest stable version of Anti-Spam ACP. The latest stable version is available at Lithium Studios.
The latest stable version is 2.0.0a. You are running 1.1.02.

i searched phpbb forums and googled six ways from sunday and haven't found a fix. MOD seems great, and i hate to revert to old backup, but i can't find a fix for this issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i've got 7000+ members, and a huge portion of them are killing me over this. thanks in advance.

ts

http://www.pro-rock.com/bb/index.php

I replied to your post in my other thread on my site(I am pretty sure it is you, right?). :)
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/phpBB3/vi ... p=362#p362

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”