[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

turkey sweat

Post by turkey sweat »

EXreaction wrote:
turkey sweat wrote:installed 1.1.0.2, then upgraded to 2.0.21 in the same night. thus far, bots have been controlled. but my users, as well as myself (admin) cannot edit profiles. the following error appears when clicking on profile:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_ip() (previously declared in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php:75) in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php on line 73

also, when anyone tries to register, the following (same as above) comes up:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_ip() (previously declared in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php:75) in /homepages/2/d154480354/htdocs/bb/includes/anti_spam_acp.php on line 73

i'm also getting this message even after upgrading:
You are not running the latest stable version of Anti-Spam ACP. The latest stable version is available at Lithium Studios.
The latest stable version is 2.0.0a. You are running 1.1.02.

i searched phpbb forums and googled six ways from sunday and haven't found a fix. MOD seems great, and i hate to revert to old backup, but i can't find a fix for this issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i've got 7000+ members, and a huge portion of them are killing me over this. thanks in advance.

ts

http://www.pro-rock.com/bb/index.php

I replied to your post in my other thread on my site(I am pretty sure it is you, right?). :)
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/phpBB3/vi ... p=362#p362

EXreaction wrote: For the first issue read my post just above yours. ;)
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/phpBB3/vi ... p=353#p353

For the second issue it means that the database has not been updated correctly. :)

Tell me if that fixes everything.

ha! fixed the profile editing/registration problem. not sure how i missed post above mine. thanks so much for your reply. the angry mob has settled down.

how do i update the database correctly? i went back and tried updating the database a few times before posting here, but it still says i'm using an old version. not sure what i'm doing wrong when trying to update database.

MOD is working great. blocking about 10-15 bots a day.

thanks again for your help. please let me know about updating the database when you get a chance.

ts

PS - also posted at lithium forums, as i'm not sure where you spend most time. respond to which ever one you like.

http://lithiumstudios.org/phpBB3/viewto ... p=369#p369

thanks.

Phineus4

Post by Phineus4 »

A few thoughts.

I'd like to see all profile fields except name, email and password handled by this mod with the option of excluding them at registration.

I'd like to see the spam log sorted with the most recent on top. Also, have it with pages once you get over a certain number of blockages... probably could use the forum topics per page to adjust it to something the admin is already comfortable with. Or an added config setting.

The inactive user list is VERY nice. Only thing might be to delete a user right from the info display. I know it's only two clicks more (and scroll down) from the manage screen, but I look to save clicks where I can.

Lastly, we're advertising the font list being used

http://sitename.com/phpBB/includes/fonts/

An on-the-ball spammer will figure that out and know which fonts to decode. I don't know the solution but hiding them won't help much as long as they're downloaded with the mod. It's probably not a pressing issue at the moment but it's certainly something to keep in mind for the future.

Thanks again.

j45on

Post by j45on »

EXreaction wrote: Try turning the new captcha off in the adminCP and see if the old one works(I have seen some rather weird things on a modded board so I am trying to pinpoint what exactly is going on).

Yours is with freetype? Thats what it should be to work.

I don't know enough about php settings to help you out there.

Could you give me the URL to your board?

My old captcha and the new Captcha is the same. I off, the other off too.

Forum: http://www.notd-aftermath.com/hq

45ish
Location: usa canada uk - where ever the english language takes me!

Post by 45ish »

EXreaction wrote: Incompatible Mod List:
If you have any of the following mods installed on your board you must remove them before you install this mod.

but any mod that adds template switches to any of the same fields that have switches put on by my mod must be removed
Please let me know of any problems with other mods you find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

/).

Hi, I do not understand what that means, but I would like to ask if I may use this mod for my forum and I do have the attachment mod installed and working. I really like this mod and want to download and use it if you think it is compatible with my forum. I just have the recent phpbb and the only mod is the attachment mod. thank you for your time.

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

j45on wrote: My old captcha and the new Captcha is the same. I off, the other off too.

Until EXreaction answer, check in templates/yourtemplate/profile_add_body.tpl if you have something like this. The error seems in this part. It is the first entry of the instructions (Anti-Spam_ACP.mod) about modifications of profile_add_body.tpl (the increment instructions).

Code: Select all

<!-- Visual Confirmation -->
<!-- BEGIN switch_confirm -->
  <tr>
	<td class="row1" colspan="2" align="center"><span class="gensmall">{L_CONFIRM_CODE_IMPAIRED}</span><br /><br />{CONFIRM_IMG}<br /><br /></td>
	</tr>
	<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_CONFIRM_CODE}: * </span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_New_Confirm_Code_Explain}</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"><input type="text" class="post" style="width: 200px" name="confirm_code" size="8" maxlength="8" value="" /></td>
	</tr>
<!-- END switch_confirm -->

Gib...

Post by Gib... »

45ish wrote:
EXreaction wrote:Incompatible Mod List:
If you have any of the following mods installed on your board you must remove them before you install this mod.

Hi, I do not understand what that means, but I would like to ask if I may use this mod for my forum and I do have the attachment mod installed and working.

Again, check templates/Subsilver/profile_add_body.tpl to see if you have any code like

<!-- BEGIN switch_edit_icq --> some HTML code <!-- END switch_edit_icq -->
on any of the profile fields that this mod changes (icq, aim,msn,yim,web,loc,occ, etc.). You should have only HTML before installing the mod (see the modifications towards the end of the mod instructions).

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Phineus4 wrote: I'd like to see all profile fields except name, email and password handled by this mod with the option of excluding them at registration.

Yes, it should not be very hard to hide all the other fields, I may include a section that tells users how to do it later on(just have to be careful as other mods may add places with switches on it, and adding a switch over that would disable that section entirely).
Phineus4 wrote: I'd like to see the spam log sorted with the most recent on top. Also, have it with pages once you get over a certain number of blockages... probably could use the forum topics per page to adjust it to something the admin is already comfortable with. Or an added config setting.

That may be a good idea, either that or have the option to sort it.

Also, having pages would be good too, but I am thinking that users may not use it that much anyways, so I doubt they will keep old information(after 18 or so logs it shows the section to clear the log at the top also, so you won't have to scroll down).

I will keep it in mind. :)
Phineus4 wrote: The inactive user list is VERY nice. Only thing might be to delete a user right from the info display. I know it's only two clicks more (and scroll down) from the manage screen, but I look to save clicks where I can.

Well the problem with having it too easy to delete users is someone will probably delete a user on accident, which is something I really would not want. ;)
Phineus4 wrote: Lastly, we're advertising the font list being used

http://sitename.com/phpBB/includes/fonts/

An on-the-ball spammer will figure that out and know which fonts to decode. I don't know the solution but hiding them won't help much as long as they're downloaded with the mod. It's probably not a pressing issue at the moment but it's certainly something to keep in mind for the future.

Ya, I know about that. I have not given it much thought as of yet though. Maybe I could include a .htaccess file with it to deny access to the fonts/ folder(I do not have any experience with .htaccess files)?
j45on wrote: My old captcha and the new Captcha is the same. I off, the other off too.

Try what Gib said. :)
45ish wrote: Hi, I do not understand what that means, but I would like to ask if I may use this mod for my forum and I do have the attachment mod installed and working. I really like this mod and want to download and use it if you think it is compatible with my forum. I just have the recent phpbb and the only mod is the attachment mod. thank you for your time.

With just the attachment mod you will be fine(I reccomend you use EasyMod, so it will give you a warning if something won't work, that way it will save a heck of a lot of time. Also it is much safer with EasyMod, it is really easy to mix something up by hand, but EasyMod will install it perfectly as it is written)

turkey sweat

Post by turkey sweat »

EXreaction wrote:
datskat wrote: how do i update the database correctly? i went back and tried updating the database a few times before posting here, but it still says i'm using an old version. not sure what i'm doing wrong when trying to update database.

Use the db_upgrade.php file. Upload it to your phpBB2's root directory and access it with a web browser. Delete it after it does the chages. :)

Thank you so much for your help. Everything is running smoothly, and the MOD is working great. Exceptionally kind of you to take time to help everyone out.

Cheers.

Phineus4

Post by Phineus4 »

EXreaction wrote: the problem with having it too easy to delete users is someone will probably delete a user on accident

That's perfectly understandable. To avoid that, I use an intermediate step in which I designate a problem profile as a spammer by filling in occupation, location, etc with the word "spam" using a button on the member profile page, and then later do mass deletes using Starfoxtj's toolkit. But if I had a direct delete method in the inactive user list, maybe confirmed with a check box, then I probably wouldn't need the toolkit at all.

Of course, that may not be to everybody's liking but it would sure work for me.

My 2 cents ;-)

EXreaction wrote: Maybe I could include a .htaccess file with it to deny access to the fonts/ folder(I do not have any experience with .htaccess files)?

I sent you a pm on your forum with samples and a demonstration of a few htaccess options. Please consider them for what they are worth (ie. not much) and feel free to use or reject anything appropriately.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Phineus4 wrote:
EXreaction wrote: Maybe I could include a .htaccess file with it to deny access to the fonts/ folder(I do not have any experience with .htaccess files)?

I sent you a pm on your forum with samples and a demonstration of a few htaccess options. Please consider them for what they are worth (ie. not much) and feel free to use or reject anything appropriately.

Thanks I got the message. :)

I will look at it tomorrow. :)

Radsan

Post by Radsan »

Is the latest version 2.0.0a incompatible with User Stealth mod? I am unable to install the upgrade from 1.1.02 to 2.0.0a using easy mod.

Mod line 176:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

does not exist.

Because user stealth mod changes it to:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on ";
But even when I change the mod script to this, it still says, cannot be found.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

MOD script line #176 

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Radsan wrote: Is the latest version 2.0.0a incompatible with User Stealth mod? I am unable to install the upgrade from 1.1.02 to 2.0.0a using easy mod.

Mod line 176:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

does not exist.

Because user stealth mod changes it to:

But even when I change the mod script to this, it still says, cannot be found.

Critical Error

MOD script line #176 

It is compatible, but my mod is not written perfectly to make mine install along side of it as of yet(next version it will be).

Have it search for this:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS
(just remove the ; at the end of what it normally is)

Radsan

Post by Radsan »

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately does not work. Easymod returns this code:

Critical Error

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Radsan wrote: Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately does not work. Easymod returns this code:

Critical Error

Could I take a look at your functions.php file?

Either upload it to a free file host, email it to me, or you can register at my site and upload it in a private message:
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/phpBB3/

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f »

Radsan wrote: Is the latest version 2.0.0a incompatible with User Stealth mod? I am unable to install the upgrade from 1.1.02 to 2.0.0a using easy mod.

EXreaction wrote: It is compatible, but my mod is not written perfectly to make mine install along side of it as of yet(next version it will be).

As it stands, the change you propose is a duplication of the same feature. Not sure how you will be able to work around this. :wink:

But in the meantime, anyone attempting to install "Anti-Spam ACP" with User Shield already installed will have this problem (if you want to keep both MODs) unless they skip the edits to --> "includes/functions.php" and "memberlist.php" so as they can coexist until a solution is found.

Best regards,
Wolf

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”