[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

idinc

Website Field still visible

Post by idinc »

Hello,

I installed this mod using easy mod and there is a slight issue. The website field in the user registration is still viewable. I may be misunderstanding, but I was thinking that this field would not be available to fill in after loading this mod. If a new registrant enters a website, they get the "Are you an automated spam bot?" response.

Here's my site if you want to check it out...
www.CoolBars.com/forum

Thanks, and this mod was a great idea!!! Thanks!

darkerday

Error running db_install.php

Post by darkerday »

I'm trying to run the db_install.php to issue the sql commands needed for this mod. I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /hermes/web09/b849/pow.zwcmosports/htdocs/messageboards/forums/contrib/db_install.php on line 32

Any suggestions?

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Website Field still visible

Post by EXreaction »

idinc wrote: Hello,

I installed this mod using easy mod and there is a slight issue. The website field in the user registration is still viewable. I may be misunderstanding, but I was thinking that this field would not be available to fill in after loading this mod. If a new registrant enters a website, they get the "Are you an automated spam bot?" response.

Here's my site if you want to check it out...
www.CoolBars.com/forum

Thanks, and this mod was a great idea!!! Thanks!

Your forums are not loading for me right now...

But is this on a different style?

Did you get any errors installing with easymod?
darkerday wrote: I'm trying to run the db_install.php to issue the sql commands needed for this mod. I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /hermes/web09/b849/pow.zwcmosports/htdocs/messageboards/forums/contrib/db_install.php on line 32

Any suggestions?

put db_install.php in your root phpBB2 directory and run it. ;)

So it should be:
/hermes/web09/b849/pow.zwcmosports/htdocs/messageboards/forums/db_install.php

saberj

Post by saberj »

While installing this with Easymod, I get a Warning message for each of my non-standard themes. I'm assuming this isn't normal? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Below is an example of what I'm getting, except I got a bunch of them(I have several themes).

---------------------

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/smartDark/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_ICQ_NUMBER}:</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<input type="text" name="icq" class="post" style="width: 100px" size="10" maxlength="15" value="{ICQ}" />
</td>
</tr>

MOD script line #245 :: FAQ :: Report

digits

Post by digits »

I had the same problem when I install db_install.php at my root phpBB2 directory
jon_jai wrote: thanks a lot!!

Edit: i have another problem now.

I'm having the same problem as carlhuber. Members cannot edit their profile after i installed this mod.
Is there a way to fix this?

www.jonjai.com

And it doesn't seem it's blocking spammers, i dunno wat i did wrong :(

When I see to my phpMyAdmin it seem that db_install.php not creating table like hij use to be.

I just deed this , I make a new file Anti_Spam_ACP.sql with the code

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_icq', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_aim', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_msn', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_yim', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_web', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_loc', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_occ', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_int', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_sig', 'reg off'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_icq_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_aim_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_msn_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_yim_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_web_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_loc_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_occ_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_int_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_sig_post', '10'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_notify_on_spam', '0'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_email_for_spam', ''); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_show_email_on_die', '0'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_version', '1.1.02'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_check_version', '1'); 
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` ( `config_name` , `config_value` ) VALUES ('as_acp_bots_stopped', '0'); 
En then upload Anti_Spam_ACP.sql to my phpMyAdmin
phpMyAdmin > database > phpbb_config > Import

It's working for my maybe it's working for you too , my forum : Naked

darkerday

Problems Posting after completing install

Post by darkerday »

None of my users can post on the messageboards after installing this mod. After hitting submit, I'm taken to a blank information screen and the post is not submitted. I don't see any errors, it's just not posting. Any ideas?

I was able to register a new user but just can't post.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

saberj wrote: While installing this with Easymod, I get a Warning message for each of my non-standard themes. I'm assuming this isn't normal? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Below is an example of what I'm getting, except I got a bunch of them(I have several themes).

---------------------

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/smartDark/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_ICQ_NUMBER}:</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<input type="text" name="icq" class="post" style="width: 100px" size="10" maxlength="15" value="{ICQ}" />
</td>
</tr>

MOD script line #245 :: FAQ :: Report

You will have to manually install the sections in profile_add_body.tpl in your other styles. Either that, or you can try copying ths subSilver profile_add_body.tpl and pasting it over the ones in the other styles(make sure you get a backup of the profile_add_body.tpl in the other styles)

digits wrote: I had the same problem when I install db_install.php at my root phpBB2 directory

When I see to my phpMyAdmin it seem that db_install.php not creating table like hij use to be.

I just deed this , I make a new file Anti_Spam_ACP.sql with the code

En then upload Anti_Spam_ACP.sql to my phpMyAdmin
phpMyAdmin > database > phpbb_config > Import

It's working for my maybe it's working for you too , my forum : Naked

If it is in the root phpBB2 directory you will not get that error darkerday had. What was the error that it said?

You don't have to put that in a new file and import it. All you have to do is copy it, go to the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin, paste it in, and hit go. ;)

There is no way for me to tell if you have the SQL entries added or not without seeing the adminCP. Just copy it, paste it in the SQL section, and run it. If you get errors about being duplicates then they are already in there and it is fine.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Problems Posting after completing install

Post by EXreaction »

darkerday wrote: None of my users can post on the messageboards after installing this mod. After hitting submit, I'm taken to a blank information screen and the post is not submitted. I don't see any errors, it's just not posting. Any ideas?

I was able to register a new user but just can't post.

Something else is wrong, this mod does not change anything on the posting page.

digits

Post by digits »

EXreaction wrote: If it is in the root phpBB2 directory you will not get that error darkerday had. What was the error that it said?

I deed that but I don't know why it's not working
EXreaction wrote: You don't have to put that in a new file and import it. All you have to do is copy it, go to the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin, paste it in, and hit go. ;)

I'm not familiar with SQL n I have so many datebase from my other program I afraid that I mess up all my database so I choose the safety way for me importing the file :P
Anyway is an excelent MOD EXreaction I'm happy with the MOD

Aerik

Post by Aerik »

great mod! install went fine, however when I select the options (radio buttons, email addy etc.) and submit, they dont save

all buttons/fields return to blank

any help would be great, TIA!

Aerik

Post by Aerik »

Aerik wrote: all buttons/fields return to blank

never mind.. I re-re-read the instructions.. dbase edit helped a wee bit heh

thanks again for the mod!

idinc

Post by idinc »

EXreaction wrote: Your forums are not loading for me right now...

Server must have been down when you tried my site, it's up when I tried. Anyway, I did not receive errors with easymod and I am running the smartDark theme. It shows in the easymod history that it loaded. Not sure what the root cause of my problem is or how to fix it.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

idinc wrote:
EXreaction wrote: Your forums are not loading for me right now...

Server must have been down when you tried my site, it's up when I tried. Anyway, I did not receive errors with easymod and I am running the smartDark theme. It shows in the easymod history that it loaded. Not sure what the root cause of my problem is or how to fix it.

Yes, Easymod did not correctly install the mod on your default theme.

With that theme it looks like you could just copy the profile_add_body.tpl from subSilver to smartDark and it should look right and work the same. :)

rdalen

Post by rdalen »

Is the Anti-Spam ACP.mod file missing in the Anti_Spam_ACP_v1.1.02a.zip file or am I missing something?

mrbaze

Excellent

Post by mrbaze »

Wonderful MOD. I had a totally hacked and spammed out forum that I removed and reinstalled yesterday. Since then 55 spammers have been blocked--and the new forum is totally unannounced!

Nice implementation. I seem to have missed the help or FAQ link. Do I ask here? On the Lithium site? I have a couple of minor tweaks I'd like to make and wonder if there is a FAQ.

THANKS!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”