[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
51
69%
Very Good
14
19%
Good
2
3%
Fair
2
3%
Poor
5
7%
 
Total votes: 74

User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

chopstix wrote: i tried to upgrade from ACP 1.1.02

and i get this messege
FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

// Start Anti-Spam ACP MOD
require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/anti_spam_acp.' . $phpEx);
// End Anti-Spam ACP MOD



im a noob at this :oops:


Probably because you or someone else edited the usercp_register.php file(usually comes from someone not upgrading phpBB2 correctly). Check to make sure the changes are in place for that file for the 1.1.02 version.
Olle_Hungrig
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Olle_Hungrig »

Hi

I have this mod installed on my forum and it doesent really work and i need to uninstall it. The problem is i dont no how, the mod was installed by another dude that have left. I have checked out the this info http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=145
but i dont understand it, the program EasyMOD is instaled on the forum..

could some one help me out ?

Cheers
Olle_Hungrig
Alkimistus
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Alkimistus »

EXreaction wrote:
Alkimistus wrote:
EXreaction wrote:
Alkimistus wrote:
EXreaction wrote:

Did you edit the usercp_register.php file?

If you or nobody else has edited it, that would mean that the functions_anti_spam_acp.php file is missing.



I installed this mod with EasyMOD. NOthing custom made.... :?:


Have you had this installed for a while? Was it working fine for the whole time until just a while ago?

What other mods do you have installed?



It worked perfectly .. except this last week. I don't have any clue. I've installed some mods before i did ACP one, but everything worked normally. It's version 2.0.5


Check and make sure that all the edits for 2.0.5 are in place in the usercp_register.php file, and that includes/functions_anti_spam_acp.php still exists. :)



Hey, some random thought - could it be possible that this error is shown because of misspelling that picture-code ? Some people said they got this error, i did some playing with numbers there and whenever i typed wrong combination, i got this error, otherwise i registered normally ... :?: :D
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Olle_Hungrig wrote: Hi

I have this mod installed on my forum and it doesent really work and i need to uninstall it. The problem is i dont no how, the mod was installed by another dude that have left. I have checked out the this info http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=145
but i dont understand it, the program EasyMOD is instaled on the forum..

could some one help me out ?

Cheers
Olle_Hungrig


Firstly, make sure you get a complete backup of your forum. ;)

If Anti-Spam ACP was the last mod installed on your forum you can have EasyMod load the backups of the files and that will uninstall it. Otherwise you can load the backups for every mod installed(starting with the latest until the Anti-Spam ACP) and once you load the backups for Anti-Spam ACP just have EasyMod install the other mods again.

Otherwise you can manually remove it:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=145
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Alkimistus wrote:
EXreaction wrote:
Alkimistus wrote:
EXreaction wrote:
Alkimistus wrote:


I installed this mod with EasyMOD. NOthing custom made.... :?:


Have you had this installed for a while? Was it working fine for the whole time until just a while ago?

What other mods do you have installed?



It worked perfectly .. except this last week. I don't have any clue. I've installed some mods before i did ACP one, but everything worked normally. It's version 2.0.5


Check and make sure that all the edits for 2.0.5 are in place in the usercp_register.php file, and that includes/functions_anti_spam_acp.php still exists. :)



Hey, some random thought - could it be possible that this error is shown because of misspelling that picture-code ? Some people said they got this error, i did some playing with numbers there and whenever i typed wrong combination, i got this error, otherwise i registered normally ... :?: :D


The reason you would only get the error then is because it only attempts to log the data when something is inputted wrong. ;)
Olle_Hungrig
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 am

Re:

Post by Olle_Hungrig »

EXreaction wrote:
Olle_Hungrig wrote: Hi

I have this mod installed on my forum and it doesent really work and i need to uninstall it. The problem is i dont no how, the mod was installed by another dude that have left. I have checked out the this info http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=145
but i dont understand it, the program EasyMOD is instaled on the forum..

could some one help me out ?

Cheers
Olle_Hungrig


Firstly, make sure you get a complete backup of your forum. ;)

If Anti-Spam ACP was the last mod installed on your forum you can have EasyMod load the backups of the files and that will uninstall it. Otherwise you can load the backups for every mod installed(starting with the latest until the Anti-Spam ACP) and once you load the backups for Anti-Spam ACP just have EasyMod install the other mods again.

Otherwise you can manually remove it:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=145


ok..thanx for the info...i did that but i dont think it really got the mod uninstalled...it seems it still blockes users to reg still and there is still 2 version in Unprocessed MODs

Anti-spam ACP
1.1.01a (designed for phpBB 2.0.21)
Anti-Spam ACP.mod

Anti-spam ACP 1.1.02 to 2.0.1 upgrade
2.0.1

When i did the uninstalled it have taken away the "Aktive Visuell" in the setting in the Configuration setting...its was on and cant be turned off anymore then...

What can i do ?
User avatar
Mutos
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:12 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by Mutos »

Hi EXreaction, hi Infarinato, hi all,


Thanks for your work ! I just installed the Anti-Spam-ACP version 2.0.8 on a 2.0.22 phpBB test forum before I would do it in prod.

I came up with a small change in the install text for my own use, which is to make a en+fr off-the-box EMC install. I just added the French copy lines after the English ones and everything rolled nice...

I decided to install your MOD first, then install the other MODs, which are espicom's ConfusaBOT, Sko22's Inactive Users, mosymuis's Replace Posts, chatasos' Rebuild Search and my own forums' customization, which I coded under en+fr EMC format.

I also tested it with the other 3, then yours, then ConfusaBOT, and it also works OK.

Your MOD installs nicely, except for a small problem I have found in the French translation, in lang_anti_spam_acp.php, the Captcha_Case_Sensitive* variables are spelled Captcha_Case_Sensative, which causes the related text not to display. 3 seconds to fix and OK...

Just removed the No Website Signature MOD on my 3 prod forums, then installed yours and ConfusaBOT, and configured everything neatly. I hope to have thus fitted enough armor to gain at least some quietness...

Just a very last remark, on an already too long post ^-^ On the User Administration panel, I've seen two more checkboxes appear, for deleting a user's posts and topics. Is it possible in next version of MOD to add another for banning the mail domain from which the user registered ?
Benoît 'Mutos' ROBIN
Hoshikaze 2250 Project
Science-Fiction Universe
http://hoshikaze.net
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Re: Re:

Post by EXreaction »

Olle_Hungrig wrote: ok..thanx for the info...i did that but i dont think it really got the mod uninstalled...it seems it still blockes users to reg still and there is still 2 version in Unprocessed MODs

Anti-spam ACP
1.1.01a (designed for phpBB 2.0.21)
Anti-Spam ACP.mod

Anti-spam ACP 1.1.02 to 2.0.1 upgrade
2.0.1

When i did the uninstalled it have taken away the "Aktive Visuell" in the setting in the Configuration setting...its was on and cant be turned off anymore then...

What can i do ?


You have to restore the backups for those too. ;)
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by EXreaction »

Mutos wrote: Your MOD installs nicely, except for a small problem I have found in the French translation, in lang_anti_spam_acp.php, the Captcha_Case_Sensitive* variables are spelled Captcha_Case_Sensative, which causes the related text not to display. 3 seconds to fix and OK...


Ok, Infarinato must have missed that I changed that in the latest version. :P

I fixed it and will upload the fix to the main thread for this. :)
Mutos wrote: Just a very last remark, on an already too long post ^-^ On the User Administration panel, I've seen two more checkboxes appear, for deleting a user's posts and topics. Is it possible in next version of MOD to add another for banning the mail domain from which the user registered ?


I am not adding any more features to Anti-Spam ACP (I am not working on any more phpbb2 mods, it gets very difficult to work on both 2.x and 3.x mods, so I am not doing 2.x anymore), and so far nobody I have spoken to wants to take over and continue to add things to it.
Olle_Hungrig
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:43 am

Re: Re:

Post by Olle_Hungrig »

EXreaction wrote:
Olle_Hungrig wrote: ok..thanx for the info...i did that but i dont think it really got the mod uninstalled...it seems it still blockes users to reg still and there is still 2 version in Unprocessed MODs

Anti-spam ACP
1.1.01a (designed for phpBB 2.0.21)
Anti-Spam ACP.mod

Anti-spam ACP 1.1.02 to 2.0.1 upgrade
2.0.1

When i did the uninstalled it have taken away the "Aktive Visuell" in the setting in the Configuration setting...its was on and cant be turned off anymore then...

What can i do ?


You have to restore the backups for those too. ;)


Thats the problem that have been done..i did like you said...in EasyMOD History the only mod that is showed is easymod it self..
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Re: Re:

Post by EXreaction »

Olle_Hungrig wrote: Thats the problem that have been done..i did like you said...in EasyMOD History the only mod that is showed is easymod it self..


Ah, I see.

Are there other mods that are installed that you would like to save?

If not, what I would do is upload fresh files to my forum to clear out all mods.
This is how you would do that:
(I just submitted an article with this data to the KB, and it is awaiting approval)
Note: This may not work with some modifications, like the Categories Hierarchy mod.

What you will need:
  • An FTP Client (I recommend FileZilla).
    A fresh copy of the latest version of phpBB2.
Now, lets get started.
  1. Backup ALL of your data. Get a complete file backup of your forums through FTP, and get a complete database backup of your forums through phpMyAdmin. Save both in a place where you will not accidentally delete or edit any of it.
  2. Set subSilver as the default template.
    (this only needs to be done if you have installed any style on your forums. If you only have subSilver you can skip this step)
    http://www.phpbb.com/kb/phpbb2/article/reset_template/
  3. Update your forums's database to the latest version. This does not need to be done if you are already running the latest version.
    To do that:
    1. Upload the install/ folder from your fresh copy of phpBB2 to your root phpBB2 folder (the one with config.php in it).
    2. Go to your board's index page from a web browser. In the URL location in your browser, if there is any text after the last "/", like "index.php", remove that first, then add the text "install/update_to_latest.php" to the end of the URL (without the double quotes).
    3. Hit Go in your browser or enter and it will then update the database to the latest version, just follow what it says to do on the page.
  4. Now, go to your forums' root directory with your FTP client and delete all folders and files except config.php and the images/ directory. If you accidentally delete either get the backup from the file backup you made earlier.
  5. Now, upload all of the fresh files and folders from the new copy of phpBB2 you downloaded except config.php, and the contrib/ and install/ directories. If you write over the config.php on accident, upload the backup of it.
  6. Now visit your forum with a web browser to check that all is working and you should be done! If you have any troubles it would most likely be from file corruption while you uploaded the files to your server (if that happens just delete the bad file and upload a new copy over it).
NoDeity
Registered User
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:43 am
Name: Brad Reddekopp

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by NoDeity »

Would you recommend also cleaning out "alien" tables from the database using "Clean phpBB SQL Tables"?

That one is here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=293867
User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by EXreaction »

NoDeity wrote: Would you recommend also cleaning out "alien" tables from the database using "Clean phpBB SQL Tables"?

That one is here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=293867


I wouldn't simply because if the user wants to install the mod again they still have the data in the database for it.

But come to think of it, I should have added that in the KB article...
NoDeity
Registered User
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:43 am
Name: Brad Reddekopp

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by NoDeity »

I've used a few times. Sometimes, it's easier to just re-install everything and test as you go than to try to figure out where the problem lies in the existing setup.
User avatar
migthegreek
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: [20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

Post by migthegreek »

This mod doesn't seem to have stopped any spam bots registering. They are still registering and have all 3 fields filled in with crap in their profiles.
Bored? Visit my website for some entertainment...

Image
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”