[20/11/06] Anti-Spam ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
19%
Good
3%
Fair
3%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 74

saintsteven

No IP in my emai?

Post by saintsteven »

Hi,

I've received a couple of spambot attempts emails which didn't include the IP of the miscreant, just an email addy and the field they tried to fill.

Is there something I can configure to get the IP?

Thanks
This is my temporary sig

pyzep

Post by pyzep »

hi,

thanks for the mod, but it seems it doesn't work correctly with me : the fields not allowed by the mod are empty (so that's working), but the bots can still register and I don't receive the notification e-mail (I activated the option). and in the admin panel it shows : Number of spammers stopped by this mod since installation: 0

I don't understand what's going wrong...

thanks for any help :wink:

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: No IP in my emai?

Post by EXreaction »

saintsteven wrote: Hi,

I've received a couple of spambot attempts emails which didn't include the IP of the miscreant, just an email addy and the field they tried to fill.

Is there something I can configure to get the IP?

Thanks

To get the IP address each time someone registers:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

pyzep wrote: hi,

thanks for the mod, but it seems it doesn't work correctly with me : the fields not allowed by the mod are empty (so that's working), but the bots can still register and I don't receive the notification e-mail (I activated the option). and in the admin panel it shows : Number of spammers stopped by this mod since installation: 0

I don't understand what's going wrong...

thanks for any help :wink:

Bots may still register, but there are bots that don't fill in the fields it they have been removed. So it probably is working fine.

MiVo_NL

Post by MiVo_NL »

I've the same as pyzep, still spam registrations and nothing stopped. I've even had an increase in spam registrations which I had to remove manually since the mod install.

I'm sorry, but this mod seems not to work for me, I'm thinking of removing it and trying to find another spam bot that works for me.

saintsteven

I think I asked the wrong question

Post by saintsteven »

EXreaction:

Thanks, I think I asked my question slightly wrong; I DO use Log IP On Registration, but here's the scenario lately:

Spammer starts to fill in a field at registration, Anti-Spam bounces him, his IP DOESN'T get logged by the other mod because he didn't quite register, and my spambot attempt email only tells me:

Username: cheapai1
Password:
Email: cai@adv-rekl.ru

So, he didn't get in, but I don't know who he was either..............
This is my temporary sig

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: I think I asked the wrong question

Post by EXreaction »

saintsteven wrote: EXreaction:

Thanks, I think I asked my question slightly wrong; I DO use Log IP On Registration, but here's the scenario lately:

Spammer starts to fill in a field at registration, Anti-Spam bounces him, his IP DOESN'T get logged by the other mod because he didn't quite register, and my spambot attempt email only tells me:

Password:

So, he didn't get in, but I don't know who he was either..............

Oh, I see. It _should_ tell you their IP address in the email. Doesn't it have a section for the email?

saintsteven

Post by saintsteven »

yes, the email provides:
Password:

IP Address:
IP Look Up:

But the last several I've received have been blank in the IP Address field. I've only caught 9 spambots so far, but as I recall the first few emails did provide the IP (of course I've trashed 'em and can't be sure).

I thought maybe I flipped a switch someplace I should flip back...
This is my temporary sig

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Well, that is something I will have to look into and fix for the next version.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

zentering

Easy mod cant find antispam

Post by zentering »

i give up.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Easy mod cant find antispam

Post by EXreaction »

zentering wrote: i give up.

On?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Mmm, I have been kickin but over here on the new version. I still have a lot of work to do, but within the next week it should be ready for bug testing. :)

I did not get a chance to try and find out why the IP address is not getting sent, but that will come soon. :)

There are going to be quite a few extra things with the next version. Posting control and an option to make profile fields required are just the start. But before I go off and give away all the cool things I am planning I better stop so I don't ruin the surprise(s). :P

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Ok, although there is a part of me that wants to keep the new extras secret until I am done, I am thinking it would be better to have some testers try it out as soon as I can. ;)

If anyone is interested in Alpha testing the next version please try it out. But do note that I will not create an upgrade path during any of the stages of this series(until final release). So if you install Alpha 1 you will either need to uninstall it and install the next version, or upgrade yourself. ;)

I do not have an upgrade list for 1.1.02 to this version, but will once the final is released. :)

Here it is:
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/files/php ... am_ACP.zip

Do remember I am planning on adding a few more features(inlcuding posting control, the ability to hide inactive users, more captcha options, and others). So don't worry if it is missing something I promised. ;)

EDIT: Link updated(and no longer Alpha 1)
Last edited by EXreaction on Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maddog720

Post by maddog720 »

How do I use this with easymod?

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

maddog720 wrote: How do I use this with easymod?

It says in my first post in this thread. ;)
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 68#2600268

soulstice

Post by soulstice »

after installing this mod for 1 day, i had 3 spammers stopped, but 15 still registered and 3 posted. :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”