[29/11/06] Forum Auth by Post Count

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
26%
Good
4%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 27

JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

ok, someone already said about easymod... so i'm asking frirst. my board has a few mods, and my main templates are aphroditie, which is nothing like the subsilver codings.
my mods are, birthdays mod, inline ads, mph (ip tool), admin user lists, and hide zero posters. do you think it will run?
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk
acharabia

Post by acharabia »

JulieJesta wrote: ok, someone already said about easymod... so i'm asking frirst. my board has a few mods, and my main templates are aphroditie, which is nothing like the subsilver codings. my mods are, birthdays mod, inline ads, mph (ip tool), admin user lists, and hide zero posters. do you think it will run?

Don't worry to install any MODs in this area. You should have Back-up files and if you don't like this MOD then you can choose again that Back-up files, do you? Yeh~ Sometime there are very serious uncompatable MODs in here but normally, all MOD running. This MOD not uncompotable with other phpbb MOD in my case.

e.g.

Birthday MOD and change register date MOD is not compotable.
Be careful about it!!! 8O
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

limekat wrote: Sorry; I'm saying that there is double of what was in your admin screenshot.. there are 8 inputs, 4 rows in my General Forum Settings, ACP. >_>"

Oops! :-) I'm guessing that you did double edits to templates/subSilver/admin/forum_edit_body.tpl then... if you check your file against your backup (you did make a backup, right? ;-)) I believe you'll fine that you have extra lines. The template is where the presentation is done, so if you have an error on presesntation that's the first place to look.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

JulieJesta wrote: ok, someone already said about easymod... so i'm asking frirst. my board has a few mods, and my main templates are aphroditie, which is nothing like the subsilver codings.
my mods are, birthdays mod, inline ads, mph (ip tool), admin user lists, and hide zero posters. do you think it will run?

I think it should run, although I'm not familiar with any of those MODs. The poster that had an issue earlier in this topic was because of edits to admin/admin_forums.php. Specifically it was around the INSERT and UPDATE statement that controls changes to the phpbb_forums table.
rajiva35

Post by rajiva35 »

Great mod! I was allways searching for something like that. 8)

Thanks!
Rajiva

P.S.: BTW, Easymod do not like spaces at the end of the line so this

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]-------------------------------------
# Special Instructions: There is a space at the end of this
# line that needs to be included
#
, f.min_posts_to_view, f.max_posts_to_view 

will fail and a

Could not obtain topic information
error message will occur. Putting the space in manually fixes the problem. :wink:

Oh yes, and here

#
#-----[ OPEN ]-------------------------------------
#
language/lang_german/lang_admin.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]-------------------------------------
# On or about line 766; find text might not be a complete line
#
?>

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]-------------------------------------
#
// BEGIN Forum Auth by Post Count 1.0.0 (www.phpBBDoctor.com)
$lang['Posts_to_view'] = 'Benötigte Beiträge um im Forum zu lesen';
$lang['Posts_to_post'] = 'Benötigte Beiträge um im Forum zu schreiben';
$lang['Min_post_limit'] = 'Minimum';
$lang['Max_post_limit'] = 'Maximum, verwende -1 für kein Limit';
// END Forum Auth by Post Count 1.0.0 (www.phpBBDoctor.com)

is the german translation for this mod. :D
drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

rajiva35 wrote: P.S.: BTW, Easymod do not like spaces at the end of the line

Heh, that's not my problem. :-)

Well, maybe... what does EasyMOD do with spaces at the beginning of a line? Maybe I can rework that FIND and the inserted code to get around that...

#
#
language/lang_german/lang_admin.php

#
#
?>

#
#
$lang['Posts_to_view'] = 'Benötigte Beiträge um im Forum zu lesen';
$lang['Posts_to_post'] = 'Benötigte Beiträge um im Forum zu schreiben';
$lang['Max_post_limit'] = 'Maximum, verwende -1 für kein Limit';

is the german translation for this mod. :D

Thanks! I will capture this plus the other language posted earlier and pack them with the MOD.
brandsrus

Post by brandsrus »

Here the Dutch translation for your mod!

#
#
language/lang_dutch/lang_admin.php

#
#
?>

#
#
$lang['Posts_to_view'] = 'Berichten benodigd om het forum te kunnen bekijken';
$lang['Posts_to_post'] = 'Berichten benodigd om te kunnen berichten plaatsen in dit forum';
$lang['Max_post_limit'] = 'Maximum, gebruik -1 voor oneindig';
For more information, contact me with pm or e-mail
net83it

Post by net83it »

drathbun wrote: First, you can set a minimum post count for "special" forums. When a user reaches that post count, the forum will become visible on the index. Until that point, the forum is never seen.

[...]

If a user plays around with the URL and tries to enter a forum_id that they are not authorized to see then they will get a "not authorized" message.

great mod.

is this mod compatible with pentapenguin simple-subforum mod?

thank you
net83it

Post by net83it »

another question.

i have a similar mod** on my phpbb board that denys acces to some forums (and posts on these forums) based on users post count: users have to post al least 300 messages to enter these forums.

anyway there is a problem. users without 300 posts can see the partial content of posts on these forums by doing a search by user and by setting the "Display results as:" field value as "Posts"

example

Forum: Motors and Cars, access to this forum is granted to user with more than 300 posts

User Anton has more than 300 posts and so he posts a topic on Motors And Cars

User Broly has less than 300 posts and cannot enter Motors And Cars

User Broly uses the forum search engins to find all posts of Anton and he wants to see results as posts. in this way user Broly can read the message Anton posted on Motors And Cars

i saw your mod puts some changes on search.php file. i hope these changes prevent users to use that trick.

let me know

thank you again

** this mod doesn't hide the forum from the index page, so i will surely remove it and install your mod
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

i tried installing this mod, however when i did it, in my acp i didn't have the option to make the forums visible on the index that required a minimum post count. it simply made them invisible. i obviously screwed up somewhere. how can i fix this? i searched through the code to see where this option was implemented, but i can't find it. any help?
Keefy

Post by Keefy »

ME TOO - I dont seem to have the option:- visible on index

also will this actually hide the forum, so that only members with the correct amount of posts set for that forum can actually see it on the index, at the moment any registered users can see the special forums, though they cant open them.
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

it made them invisible for me when i added a minimum post count. that's exactly the opposite of what i want. i want them to be visible, but using this mod i don't get that option....
darkimus

Post by darkimus »

wow, thanks for the support. this mod officially gets a 1.
cavallino

Post by cavallino »

Would it be possible to make some language variables so that the user who tries to post in a section not allowed will get something like "you need to write at least x messages to post in this section" instead of the too generic "Not_Authorised" ? Otherwise, how can they know how many posts they need to write before they are allowed to post in a restricted area?

Thanks
Keefy

Post by Keefy »

darkimus on my board ive got a forum where you need 50 posts before you can post, ive got it set like this and even guest can view the forum on the index and read the posts, but cant post:-

Posts required to view this forum Minimum: 0 Maximum, use -1 for no limit: -1
Posts required to post in this forum Minimum: 50 Maximum, use -1 for no limit: -1

In the ACP Forum Permissions:-

ive got view = all read = all post = reg and reply = reg edit = reg and the rest set to mod.
this works fine.

In another forum i have it set for special members who have reached 500 posts (a special room for them) but i did not want it to show on the forum index till the required 500 posts are met) but it does show. Now im getting complaints from new members because they can see this special forum, though when they try to look it says not authorised. If i could just hide this special forum from the index page this mod would be perfect for me.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”