[14/12/06] Textual Confirmation

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
82%
Very Good
12%
Good
2%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 144

dax702

Post by dax702 »

I took my time and pretty sure I did everything right. When I go to test, I enter the wrong answer to the question and when I submit the profile, I get this:

Code: Select all

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Can anyone tell me what to do? It's not a really big deal because it still keeps them from registering, but it would be nice to not have this error thing come up.

Pascentes

Post by Pascentes »

good mod.

olpa

Post by olpa »

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Can anyone tell me what to do? It's not a really big deal because it still keeps them from registering, but it would be nice to not have this error thing come up.

This problem isn't related to the MOD. For explanations, see Knowledge Base - Fixes for emailer.php.

gasscooterforums

Post by gasscooterforums »

This mod saved about an hour of each day of having to delete spam messages. The bots kept on getting past the random codes... Thank you.

GilaMonster

Post by GilaMonster »

This mod is working perfectly for me and has completely stopped all of the spamming problems. This is great. Now, I would like to know if there is a way to stop the email messages from being sent to my email address every time one of these spambots attempts to register. I am getting thirty or more each day. It sure beats the spam, but it is sure clogging up my mailbox too. Is there anything I can do to stop the emain messages from being sent to my inbox?

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

GilaMonster wrote: Is there anything I can do to stop the emain messages from being sent to my inbox?

There is an option to purchase an update that removes that feature, if I remember correctly from browsing the MOD author's site. If you check their site you can see if that is still true.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

GJUK

Post by GJUK »

Could not insert question/answer pair!

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'dendrowo_db2.TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE(question,answers) VALUES('a','a')

Line : 113
File : /home/dendrowo/public_html/forum/admin/admin_tc.php
Any ideas on this problem please?

Thanks

Jon

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

GJUK wrote:

Could not insert question/answer pair!

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'dendrowo_db2.TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO TEXTUAL_CONFIRMATION_TABLE(question,answers) VALUES('a','a')

Line : 113
File : /home/dendrowo/public_html/forum/admin/admin_tc.php
Any ideas on this problem please?

Thanks

Jon

Asked and answered just one page back in this topic. Start here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 46#2772646

GilaMonster

Post by GilaMonster »

drathbun wrote:
GilaMonster wrote:Is there anything I can do to stop the emain messages from being sent to my inbox?

There is an option to purchase an update that removes that feature, if I remember correctly from browsing the MOD author's site. If you check their site you can see if that is still true.

Well, the way I understood it, I could purchase a business license that would stop sending the emails to a third party. I haven't found any reference to a way to eleminate the email messages that are sent to the site admin.. ? Maybe I am reading it wrong.. ?
It's really not that big of a deal, but I don't honestly care how many spam attempts are blocked as long as they are blocked and I don't really think I need all the information on each one of the attempted registrations by spambots. I think it's a cool and valuable feature, but not a feature that I would like to keep functional. I intend on purchasing the registered version, but was only curious if there was a way to eliminate the email messages filling up my inbox..
Any one have any ideas?

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

You're correct, of course, I forgot about the "community" aspect of the MOD. That's what you can eliminate by paying. If you look at the code you can probably find the section that sends email to the admin and remove it.

I have not looked at the code, so I can't offer any pointers as to the appropriate location to start looking.

AngeDevil

Post by AngeDevil »

Love it! Thanks!

olpa

Post by olpa »

Is there anything I can do to stop the emain messages from being sent to my inbox?

Sending emails is an incentive to sponsor me for further anti-spam development. Sponsor me here.
Maybe I am reading it wrong.. ?

You are reading right. The author of the text wrote it bad. To be fixed.
Thank you.
Love it! Thanks!

Thanks for great feedback!

glorified j

Post by glorified j »

I just needed to post to say that (after one day) this mod is fan-tas-tic! I have already had 5 bots blocked, with none getting through.

Also, as a follow up to a couple of people who had everything seem to work, but then a wrong answer still allowed a membership... it happened to me, too. As somebody in an earlier post suggested, go back and make sure you did every single step correctly. I had put something on the wrong side of a bracket i hadn't noticed. Now it works great!

eranu

Post by eranu »

When I click on the 'I agree' part to do a test register I get the following error message:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
Any ideas what I have missed?

edit: DOH! I cannot beleive that I spent ages trying to sort this out only to eventually find that I had not copied profile_add_body.tpl to my default template dir!!!!! I swear I checked that.... :roll:

brianjs99

Error Message...

Post by brianjs99 »

Anybody know why I might be getting the following error message after I run the "db_update.php" from my browser:

+++ Error: Table 'phpbb_textual_confirmation' already exists
I'm running "db_update.php" from my browser since I don't know SQL (the 2 other SQL changes are successful after I run db_update.php)

Also - my images aren't showing up.

Any help here would be appreciated.

- Brian
Last edited by brianjs99 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”