[14/12/06] Textual Confirmation

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
82%
Very Good
12%
Good
2%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 144

Terrylr

Re: [14/12/06] Textual Confirmation

Post by Terrylr »

Thank you for your help Olpa!

Your advice helped me fix the problem.

I now however have the same problem as Fife Club. I have made the amendment to the code as you suggested but I still get the same error as Fife Club.

Is there anywhere else we could try.

Thanks for your help and for an excellent Mod!!

T :D
The Dark One

Re: Textual Confirmation

Post by The Dark One »

I have just been loking at this mod and notice that you advise disabling visual confirmation.

Is it ok to leave this active and have both running or is there a conflict between them?
olpa

Post by olpa »

Terrylr, it's nice, hope you'll get spam-free forum. As for the problem... Just comment-out sending mail. Find the string

Code: Select all

$emailer->send();
and change it to

//$emailer->send();
The Dark One wrote: I have just been loking at this mod and notice that you advise disabling visual confirmation.

Is it ok to leave this active and have both running or is there a conflict between them?

There is no conflict, it's completely safe to have both Visual and Textual Confirmation. I just see no reason to keep the first: Visual Confirmation is an obstacle for humans and nothing for bots.
Whiteraven

Post by Whiteraven »

I got this error when I tried to edit questions...

Could not insert question/answer pair!

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'member_data.phpbb_forum_textual_confirmation' doesn't exist

INSERT INTO phpbb_forum_textual_confirmation(question,answers) VALUES('test','test')

Line : 113
File : admin_tc.php
I read back and saw I have to run db_update.php but I don't seem to have that file on my server...where is it usually stored? And where can I get it if I don't have it?
olpa

Post by olpa »

Download link for db_update: http://bbantispam.com/tc/db_update.zip.
Whiteraven

Post by Whiteraven »

Thank you so much! Now it works great. :)
ciwluke

Post by ciwluke »

where do i paste the:
"copy includes/functions_tc.php to includes/functions_tc.php
copy admin/admin_tc.php to admin/admin_tc.php
copy language/lang_english/lang_tc.php to language/lang_english/lang_tc.php
copy language/lang_english/email/textual_confirmation.tpl to language/lang_english/email/textual_confirmation.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/textual_confirmation.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/textual_confirmation.tpl
" :?
Terrylr

Post by Terrylr »

Hi Olpa,

I tried commenting the line out like you suggested but I am still getting the same error :cry:

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

T :oops:
Fife Club

Post by Fife Club »

olpa wrote: Fife Club: if the file "includes/functions_tc.php", find the string

$from = "$from <" . $board_config['board_email'] . '>';
and change it to:

$from = "<" . $board_config['board_email'] . '>';
Thanks for the advice but that didn't change anything so I put it back.

More importantly I realized that my tests were wrong afterall. The script is not letting ANYBODY complete registration. I thought it was working because entering the correct answer resulted in the message:
"Your account has been created. However, this forum requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the e-mail address you provided. Please check your e-mail for further information."
but as I'm now finding out, even with the message of success, no email is actually being sent out so nobody can confirm their registration. :(

My error message mentioned an error in emailer.php at line 234. I thought maybe the problem was there but that line looks like its only about displaying the failure message and not about the cause:
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failed sending email :: ' . (($this->use_smtp) ? 'SMTP' : 'PHP') . ' :: ' . $result, '', __LINE__, __FILE__);
}
Anyway, I think this problem only began after I installed Textual Confirmation, so should I be trying to get support help with why my activation emails aren't really being sent here on this thread or should I be looking for general help in a new, general thread?
olpa

Post by olpa »

ciwluke: it's not a text to paste, it's a call for action. See How to install a MOD for details.

Fife Club: TC can't affect the functionality of sending e-mails. To make sure, you can remove TC completely, but I think you'll have the same problem.

And yes, you'd better start a new thread. Or search the forum archives. I've seen similar topics before.

Terrylr:
I tried commenting the line out like you suggested but I am still getting the same error
Have you uploaded the changed file on the server?
ciwluke

Post by ciwluke »

[quote="olpa"]ciwluke: it's not a text to paste, it's a call for action. See How to install a MOD for details.

i know but i want to know where that code is so that i can change it.
ciwluke

Post by ciwluke »

[quote="olpa"]ciwluke: it's not a text to paste, it's a call for action. See How to install a MOD for details.

i dont understand this part..... can somebody pls tell me.
Terrylr

Post by Terrylr »

Hi Olpa,

Yes I did upload it. In fact when it didn;t work I deleted the original and again uploaded the amended saved file butit still gives me the below error...

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

i've closed the file and reopened it... The modified line in functions_tc.php reads...

}
$subst['SUBJECT'] = $emailer->encode($lang['tc_mail_subject']);
$emailer->extra_headers('X-bbAniSpam-spam: Yes');
$emailer->assign_vars($subst);
//$emailer->send();
$emailer->reset();
}

Am I being completely stupid?! :?

again.. many thanks for all your help!

T
:razz: :razz: :razz: :D :razz: :razz:
ciwluke

Post by ciwluke »

how do i fix this: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/silves-messines.net/httpdocs/phpBB2/includes/constants.php on line 172 "
Knikolaes

Post by Knikolaes »

I still get everything just fine except the error message if you get the answer wrong. What part of the code controls this so I can check it more thouroughly?
Knikolaes

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”