[14/12/06] Textual Confirmation

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
82%
Very Good
12%
Good
2%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 144

olpa

Re: [14/12/06] Textual Confirmation

Post by olpa » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:26 am

I have installed the mod (and created the new SQL table)
For some reason, creation of table went wrong. Try again using a helper script: http://bbantispam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69.
I want you to be able to build your database, just don't want to be notified myself. Can you help?
The wording of the explanation is bad. Actually, sending e-mail is an incentive for donations.

wwfc_barmy_army

Post by wwfc_barmy_army » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:18 am

How can i make it so it doesn't email me when there is a spam registration?

Thanks.

diabolic.bg

Post by diabolic.bg » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:33 am

wwfc_barmy_army wrote:How can i make it so it doesn't email me when there is a spam registration?

Thanks.
olpa wrote: Actually, sending e-mail is an incentive for donations.

rekaviles

Post by rekaviles » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:53 am

Hello,

I installed the MOD and I am now receiving this error:

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/alstar07/public_html/board/includes/usercp_register.php on line 182
I went through all the steps and I confirmed that I entered the code correctly. I installed a AntiSpamMOD before and return the board to its original state, before trying this MOD again.

Line 182 shows :

Code: Select all

else
	{
		$user_lang = $board_config['default_lang'];
	}
If this is removed, the MOD seems to work fine, although the language txt changes when the screen is redirected, or goes to the main pain after registering.

Any ideas ?

EDIT:

I found a post with the same issue, although the fix that was provided did not work for me. He was told to check the SQL query he ran and and re-run to see if that error is fixed.
SQL query:
CREATE TABLE phpbb_textual_confirmation(
id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
question TEXT NOT NULL ,
answers TEXT NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( id )
);# MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).
INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation( question, answers )
VALUES (
'Are you human?', 'yes\nja\noui'
);# Affected rows: 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_textual_confirmation( question, answers )
VALUES (
'Say hello', 'hello\nhi\nhallo'
);# Affected rows: 1
I feel I have added the table to the database without error, but you never know. :oops:

olpa

Post by olpa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:50 am

Most likely, some traces of the previous changes prevented to insert Textual Confirmation code correctly. Take the original "usercp_register.php" from the phpBB distribution archive and insert Textual Confirmation changes in it.

rekaviles

Post by rekaviles » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 pm

olpa wrote:Most likely, some traces of the previous changes prevented to insert Textual Confirmation code correctly. Take the original "usercp_register.php" from the phpBB distribution archive and insert Textual Confirmation changes in it.
I actually uninstalled, but I will try again tonight. Thanks for the reply though. :mrgreen:

rfugiel

Post by rfugiel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:24 pm

I just installed this mod, but I get the following error when trying to access it from the Administration link.

Template->make_filename(): Error - file admin/textual_confirmation.tpl does not exist

Now the file is there, so I assume there is a problem with a different file but I have no idea where to start looking. Any help would be great.

olpa

Post by olpa » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:33 am

Don't forget to copy "templates/subSilver/admin/textual_confirmation.tpl" to "templates/subSilver/admin/textual_confirmation.tpl". Also, if you have different themes for the forum, put the template files to the themes.

Alpha Moth

Post by Alpha Moth » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Stupid question, how do I edit the question?

olpa

Post by olpa » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:29 am

In the administration panel, follow the "Textual Confirmation" link in the left frame.

Alpha Moth

Post by Alpha Moth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:35 am

I see, wasn't there the other day.

Another stupid question, but how do I change the way users register?? I've gone to every panel, its not there:/ where do others go?

nycore

Post by nycore » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:35 am

been battling spammers for years and this 1 MOD alone is all you need to stop all spammers from registering. You need nothing else. No visual confirm needed, no hidden form lines, no validate emails, etc. Works flawlessly.
Running site since 93. Current mods: Easy Mod, Custom Title, Avatar Resize, Simple Mod Resize Images, Longer Subject, Simple Quick Reply, URL Friendly Entry

olpa

Post by olpa » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:19 am

how do I change the way users register?
Sorry, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want. Would you please re-formulate?
been battling spammers for years and this 1 MOD alone is all you need to stop all spammers from registering. You need nothing else. No visual confirm needed, no hidden form lines, no validate emails, etc. Works flawlessly.
Thanks for sharing the success!

johnnyk

Post by johnnyk » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 pm

I add this mod and I thought it would be great, it was for a while. It stopped almost all spam bots. The textual confirmation mod mails out each time a user trys and register and it sends it back to them (textual Confirmation people) and the admin. Well know I have been added to a spam list and no mail gets sent out from my server. how do I fix this??

olpa

Post by olpa » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:47 am

how do I fix this?
"this" -- you mean you want to fix that you've been added to a mail spam list? Textual Confirmation has nothing in common with this. Lookup your host to get the reason: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”