[23/11/06] Better captcha

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
23%
Good
4%
Fair
1%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 78

Jay.W

Post by Jay.W »

paul999 wrote: Mod team, Thanks for validating.
I will later post some screenshots how the new captcha is with this mod.

I'm waiting to see screenshots. :wink:
aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 »

Not working for me..... I don't see any captcha at all...... will try reinstalling it later
Bramster

Post by Bramster »

The mod works fine for me (I was already using the beta version).

Made some piccies for people who are wondering what it all looks like:

Navy & Merchant Marine Forum:
www.DutchFleet.net
aelis2004

Post by aelis2004 »

Probably this is imcompatible with the Stop_Spambot_Registration mod. Checking that out. Also I was wondering.... I am not using SubSilver as default, but AllSat. Could it be...??
kmbergem

Post by kmbergem »

I cannot find the line to edit in profile.php. I've tried it partialy, but it's not there. I have a couple of other mods installed, so maybe that's what causing it. I have the extended user profile mod, or what's it called. It could be an interupt there.

Thanks for any replies.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Those images look pretty easy to crack by a bot. The letters are much darker than the surrounding text.
Bramster

Post by Bramster »

mamba wrote: Those images look pretty easy to crack by a bot. The letters are much darker than the surrounding text.

Just give it a try. Takes only 2 min to instrall and it works perfect. This mod, combined with some others, reduced the spam from 1000 per month to ZERO in the last 10 days !

The spam catcher mod that cought almost a 1000 a day before is now totally out of a job :-)
Navy & Merchant Marine Forum:
www.DutchFleet.net
yorktown

Post by yorktown »

How do you take this Mod and apply it to Guest Posts?
yongkian

Post by yongkian »

aelis2004 wrote: Probably this is imcompatible with the Stop_Spambot_Registration mod. Checking that out. Also I was wondering.... I am not using SubSilver as default, but AllSat. Could it be...??

same problem here.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

mamba wrote: Those images look pretty easy to crack by a bot. The letters are much darker than the surrounding text.
yongkian wrote:(So far I know) cannot read this one atm. So it is better then the default phpbb captcha. Offcourse it can be done a lot better, but at this moment that isn't needed.
yongkian wrote:
aelis2004 wrote:Probably this is imcompatible with the Stop_Spambot_Registration mod. Checking that out. Also I was wondering.... I am not using SubSilver as default, but AllSat. Could it be...??

same problem here.
I don't know how that mod is working, so it is possible that there is a incompatible, but I don't know that yet. Will look into it :)
Kotek

A few answers and questions

Post by Kotek »

yongkian, aelis2004 (another template): Hey, does the previous standard phpBB´s visual confirmation work in your template?

If not, you must first enable it in the admin panel - change your template to subsilver for a while and the option is in Configuration just below the Account activation settings.
And there´s another need for edit to enable the VC in other templates - check out this: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=329 (the part below to edit in your template).

mamba (dark): I think if the signs were not that dark, it would also be for humans very difficult to read them :roll: .

yorktown (guest post): Just make sure you have installed the Guest post MOD and then it works there automatically.

paul999 (similar signs): I wonder if it is easy for humans to tell 0 (zero) from O (capital OU) and I (capital AI) from l (EL) and 7 from 1. Do you use all of these signs and all letters and numbers (aA...) in the captcha?
Last edited by Kotek on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dream as if you`ll live for ever, live as if you`ll die today."
Paul

Post by Paul »

All chars are used, except 0 (Zero)
_Pegasus

Post by _Pegasus »

Won't work for me. All it shows is a red X (no image) where the generated image ought to be.

* The GD library is installed and used to generate images in several added mods.

* No other spam-bot related mods installed.
Pegasus Productions
SimCity 4 Custom Mods & Fansite
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

i dont notice any difference on my board for the original visual confirmation
Paul

Post by Paul »

_Pegasus wrote: Won't work for me. All it shows is a red X (no image) where the generated image ought to be.

* The GD library is installed and used to generate images in several added mods.

* No other spam-bot related mods installed.
What is the url of your forum?

@deejaybet has your host GD?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”