[26/01/07] Myspace Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
33%
Very Good
33%
Good
33%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 3

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[26/01/07] Myspace Mod

Post by Extensions Robot » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:49 pm

MOD Name: Myspace Mod
Author: HoundoftheB
MOD Description: This mod adds a viewtopic, viewprofile, and private message button for your users' Myspace profiles.

MODX Inside

MOD Version: 1.1.0
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.22

Download File: myspace_1.1.0a.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 31499 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:52 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD adds a button for users MySpace profiles.

benjammin

.cfg file

Post by benjammin » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:53 am

Hello thanks for the mod : )
i am having a small problem, i dont see the .gif although the myspace itself is thier , i could not edit .cfg file is this my problem?

benjamin

HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:41 am

That's really odd it should be there. Here's the file to download from my site:
http://www.palmansworld.com/randomness/

Sorry it took so long to get back to you... I've been real busy.

JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:43 pm

screenshots please? thanks
ps, will it accept hi5.com profile links too?
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk

Electra736

Post by Electra736 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:14 am

How do I upgrade from 1.0.0 to 1.1.0? Any update file?

fumandave

Post by fumandave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:59 pm

After installed this mod successfully, the problem is it doesn't appear in my profile where I could input the myspace link and can't find anywhere.

ETA: I just realized that it didn't 'manually' installed all codes through EasyMOD so I had to do manually install and this is what I got debug error code.

When I go to my profile to input the link in textbox area under 'myspace' and clicked submit this is what I got.

Code: Select all

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_myspace' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'myemail@gmail.com', user_myspace = 'myspace', user_icq = '123456', user_website = 'http://www.website.com', user_occ = 'webmaster', user_from = 'California', user_interests = 'movies', user_sig = '', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '123456', user_yim = '123456', user_msnm = '123456', user_attachsig = 0, user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, group_priority = '4',user_timezone = 0, user_dateformat = 'd M Y h:i a', user_lang = 'english', user_style = 1, user_active = 1, user_actkey = '' WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 555
File : usercp_register.php
AHH!! Another one, too. When I click the topic this is what I got.

Code: Select all

Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'u.user_myspace' in 'field list'

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_myspace, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 1 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 400
File : viewtopic.php
How do I solve this problem, please?

fumandave

Post by fumandave » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Problem solved!

I had to find some tutorials on PhpMyAdmin but can't find it at all. damn.

So I went ahead risk playing with PhpMyAdmin to see if I can find "add" to table via insert and I found it somewhere and add a row then input some info.

PAH!! Now I know why other mods I tried wasn't working. Manually install the mod is PIA!

Lady Di

Re: [26/01/07] Myspace Mod

Post by Lady Di » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:08 pm

This MOD is not EMC, am I right?

Lady Di

Post by Lady Di » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I trie to use EM to install this and came up with this error:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email',

MOD script line #330
The 'email'=> 'email' IS there after 'user' name and prior to 'icq'

Any thoughts on why it's so sensitive?? Would love to get this working esp through EM. Thank you!

Lady Di

Post by Lady Di » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:02 pm

Ok, it is working but I don't like the .gif image. I need a black background image. I know..... I'll request it in the appropiate area.

bamavamp

Post by bamavamp » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 am

A note about this mod....it tells you that you will need to edit 'groupcp', but there are no instructions in the installation about what parts to change in the groupcp.

seedoubleyou

Post by seedoubleyou » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:03 pm

bamavamp wrote:A note about this mod....it tells you that you will need to edit 'groupcp', but there are no instructions in the installation about what parts to change in the groupcp.
So do we just ignore this or is it a problem? Im guessing that since its in groupcp it will have nothing to do with the MySpace field so that bits ignored....?

DarElik
Name: Darrell

Post by DarElik » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:10 pm

seedoubleyou wrote:
bamavamp wrote:A note about this mod....it tells you that you will need to edit 'groupcp', but there are no instructions in the installation about what parts to change in the groupcp.
So do we just ignore this or is it a problem? Im guessing that since its in groupcp it will have nothing to do with the MySpace field so that bits ignored....?
I'm almost a month late for this one, but I was just searching for a mod like this and originally had the same question about the groupcp thing since the "myspace_mod_1.1.0.txt" file mentioned the groupcp file but no modifications.

Looks like the groupcp is a separate addon. Look at "Myspace in Groupcp.mod" file for instructions there. ;)

(Got no idea why the mod package is constructed this way, but what the heck, it's there, lol)

getcha

Post by getcha » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:05 am

I'm totally confused...
I installed what is called "Myspace in Groupcp.mod"
... what do I have to do now?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”