Categories Hierarchy

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
13%
Good
5%
Fair
1%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 78

danb00

Re: Categories Hierarchy

Post by danb00 »

How much longer till new version?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I'm currently reviewing the mods install descriptions (upgrade and full install), so expect it till the end of the week if I find no problem.
tommytomato

Post by tommytomato »

hi all

Is there anyway to tie in the Categories hierarchy part into phpbb 3.0.x

I converted my site over to phpbb 3.0.x

standard site is here http://forums.rockinghamgateway.com/index.php

and the new install is here http://forums.rockinghamgateway.com/phpbb3/index.php

I think i may of done a double post, the new look is still abit new to me ( sorry )

TT
System is Ubuntu 9.10 command line server, using Joomla 1.5 with JFusion to bridge phpbb3, site address for our phpbb3 install is http://www.rockinghamgateway.com/forum/
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

No, not as-is. You have so to redraw your tree, and also to redo all your auths.
tommytomato

Post by tommytomato »

Ptirhiik wrote:No, not as-is. You have so to redraw your tree, and also to redo all your auths.
what do you mean by that redraw your tree. alttile lost on what you mean :roll: , were you relpying to my post.

TT
System is Ubuntu 9.10 command line server, using Joomla 1.5 with JFusion to bridge phpbb3, site address for our phpbb3 install is http://www.rockinghamgateway.com/forum/
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I meant "Redo your forum hierarchy".
tommytomato

Post by tommytomato »

Thank you Ptirhiik

It all work out well, jsut got a couple of forums to edit nd I'm done.

It's good to see your work intergrade with phpbb3

thanks again for your support

TT
elwey

Post by elwey »

Hi i have some very general question on the syntax fouin in the manual install of this mod, i thought it was general enough to be asked in support forum but they rerouted me here:

COPY root/*.* TO *.*

- does it mean i can just dump the whole content in my phpbbfolder (overwiting existing files?)??
------------end question----------------
------------next question---------------

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
# this is a partial search: the full-line is longer
#
$message = $lang['smiley_import_success'] . "<br />
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
//-- mod : categories hierarchy ------------------------------------

-does it mean i have to paste the code after the *. "<br />* or that i need to figure the end of the line myself??
------------next question---------------

last but not least, i just upgraded to phpbb2...23 and decided after seeing the size of the instal to go for the istall pack....can i install the pack22 on the version phpbb23? i m seeing that the 2.1.6H would be made for it.... what's best to do ???? downgrade to phpbb.22 ?? or wait for 2.1.6Hto arrive.........I don't know how to downgrade.

thanks a lot i really need that subforum mod and as i m starting i figured better ask now when my install is still fresh!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

1- Yes, the whole content of the root/ directory from the mod package (eg you don't copy the root/ directory itself, but its content),
2- AFTER, ADD means add on a new line after the full line containing the searched quote, eg the searched quote is suffisant to find the full line,
3- You can go with 2.1.6h: the mod is stable, the version is in pre-release, meaning only the packaging (eg the mod install/upgrade description scripts) is running a last verification turn.
elwey

Post by elwey »

Thanks...still i m not clearn on the point #2

they offer me a quote to search saying it aint the full line... does it mean that i have to find the end of the line myself? or do i just go at the end of the line (not the whole command but)
only the actual line and press enter then paste?

Also (i know i knoww i can't stop asking questions) how do i know if a mod is compatible with CH?

is there a general glossary of the terms used by modder post anywhere??

thanks a million
elwey

Post by elwey »

a little setting problem i have, i looked at "install_CH2.pdf" and i still struggle with the structure of my forum.

I have a category that shows as a forum, when i m trying to make it show as a simple dividing bar. i only seem to be able to set it as a forum look with the 0 post and 0 topic box even though you can't post anything as it's a category??

http://theforeigncompany.com/phpBB2/

i mean i went and created:
-type: category
-name: problematic category
-description: blablaba
-parent forum: English Learning Forums
-Position this forum after: English Web Learning
-pack sub-cat: yes
-split sub-cat: default
-----------------------------
now when you look at my site it looks like a forum with 0 topic and 0 post... but i wish to have it without the topics and post box as it can't allow it anyways.

my problem is that when i change the setting of the pack sub-cat/split sub-cat it moves it out of the "English Leraning Forum"

hope you see what i mean?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

pendeja wrote:Thanks...still i m not clearn on the point #2

they offer me a quote to search saying it aint the full line... does it mean that i have to find the end of the line myself? or do i just go at the end of the line (not the whole command but)
only the actual line and press enter then paste?
Exactly, is not the full line.
Just search for the stated statement ( 8-) ), once you've found it .. go ahead following the next instruction.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> pendeja: not sure to figure what you are meaning: when you pack a parent forum, all its direct childs - forums, links or categories - are using a forum layout (eg one line). When not packed but split, childs will be grouped by categories, each categories being split from the other : in this case, put the forums & links type forum prior the categories: this way all will be grouped at top, without a category row divider ; if they are in the middle, they will be split from the categories, but it will give a strange look to the page (eg category row + forums, split, forums, split, category row + forums, etc.).
Rikonen

Post by Rikonen »

Does it run on phpBB2.0.23???
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Categories Hierarchy 2.1.6h is designed onto phpBB 2.0.23 (download packs available at the demo site).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”