Categories Hierarchy

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
13%
Good
5%
Fair
1%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 78

Ptirhiik

Re: [19/02/07] Categories Hierarchy

Post by Ptirhiik »

This has been fixed in the latest version (CH 2.1.6g, available for now at the demo board, download page). btw, I strongly suggest to use the "installed" pack (a quarter in place of many hours, this has to be considered :)).
cvtrig

Post by cvtrig »

wow, thanks for the fast response.
Let me rephrase my concern.

I don't have time to spend another week installing this mod.

Can someone just provide me with the INSERT values for the three database items listed in the previous post?

Someone please help me. I'm on the verge of having to flush this entire mod idea because of the time I invested trying to make this work. I'd hate to think I'd have to blow the whole thing away because of this.

cv
You can teach anyone to paint. You cannot teach anyone to be an artist. That's a quality of mind, a love of the magic of life.

Millard Sheets, 1977
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Do as I said: use the CH 2.1.6g "installed" pack: when I say a quarter, I mean a quarter (the upload time) :).
cvtrig

Post by cvtrig »

Ok.

I did just that.

I installed a fresh 2.0.22 and ran the preinstall pack and I got the SAME ERROR?!?!?!

This was after it did the little progress bar of 200 items.

I even created a whole new database in MySQL.

I'm going to try it on another computer to see if it's specific to my system.

***** Oh Blimey ***** It is my system, I just installed a fresh install of XAMPP and 2.16g and it ran perfectly.

It's my system after all. Looks like I get to start over, but your preinstall should help out a great deal. I'll be back to ask more questions about tuning this for my needs.

******* Thanks any way
cv
You can teach anyone to paint. You cannot teach anyone to be an artist. That's a quality of mind, a love of the magic of life.

Millard Sheets, 1977
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Be sure to browse the demo board, there are a lot of contributions already, including styles and extra functionalities :).
cvtrig

Post by cvtrig »

I'm back.

This mod is great, very complex, I especially like how different styles can be assigned to different forums. Very cool. However since I'm trying to set up a beta site that requires everything to be hidden from the general public, my requirements have me seriously modifying this mod and phpbb templates. I have some questions below, any additional comments for locking this down would be helpful as well.

Since this modification makes so many changes that makes other mods not possible I have a few questions that I can't figure out on my own.

I need to change the text on the agreement page for new registrations.
The attribute is $lang['Reg_agreement'] = found around line 631 of the lang_main.php file. I changed the text, but no change occurred on the page. Where is the file or area that allows me to change this? I can't use this mod if I can't change that text.

A few other questions:

Once users log in, all I want them to see is the forums that I create for them to see, I don’t want them to see “Who is Online”, how can I remove this from view except for administrators? Previous solution from this site worked. Now when I do it I get errors.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4#p3218934

-----------------
Can I change the search function so that it only searches the forums that users are granted access to view if all the forums are "private/hidden"? I don't want users to be able to search the entire site.
-----------------
Maybe you can tell me ahead of time will these fail as well? or what workarounds can you suggest to make them work?
-----------------
Installing Anonymous Redirect MOD
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=1257
-----------------
Can I add the Security Question Mod?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &sk=t&sd=a
-----------------
Can I add the Attachment Mod?
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 15&t=74505
-----------------
Can I add the Password Security Mod?
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=1167
-----------------

Please let me know on these, I'll probably attempt them anyway, but with as many brick walls as I've already run into, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks,

cv

Millard Sheets, 1977
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

• (../..)that requires everything to be hidden from the general public
    Give no auths on the forums except for one group you add the users you want to access the board to (all forums private), remove access to the users panel for guests (prevents registration), both relative to auth management. On a side note, if you base your auth on registered members group, remember to deny access to the forums to the bots group, as CH search crawlers (bots) are seen as regular users,
  • I need to change the text on the agreement page for new registrations
    CH allows you to write a topic, and use it as a charte (custom agreement). This is set in acp/config+/login settings,
  • I changed the text, but no change occurred on the page
    For a better efficiency (memory save), the lang files are cached depending the script context. Each time you modify a lang file (or create a new lang_extend_*.php file), you have to regenerate the lang cache (acp/config+/cache management),
  • I don’t want them to see “Who is Online”
    Comment out this lines in index.php:

Code: Select all

// stats
    $stats = new stats();
    $stats->display($forum_id);
    unset($stats);
  • only searches the forums that users are granted access to view
    This is the standard behaviour.
  • Installing Anonymous Redirect MOD
    I don't know what this mod does, but the redirection to login process are standard,
  • Can I add the Security Question Mod?
    This would be pretty useless (at least for now): CH comes with its own spam protection process. On the support board (which is widely crawled), guest posting is activated since two years, and I receive no spams (two posts, obviously manually created).
  • Can I add the Attachment Mod?
    For CH, you have a plug-ins (eg no editions required) named Attachment for CH, available at the demo board, download page. It is very close to Acydburn's attachment mod, though it has been entirely rewrite to fit better in CH,
  • Can I add the Password Security Mod?
    No idea on this one. However, I have to underline you changing the registration process or the mail/profile/password data is very far from being a good idea. Also, the registration process and the profile edit process has been entirely reviewed in CH, and takes place now in includes/ucp/ucp_register_*.php.
FORDification

Post by FORDification »

I'm in the process of changing servers, going from a shared hosting setup to my own VPS. I decided that this was the time to install the CH mod. I downloaded and installed the fresh vanilla phpbb install and then CH...both went great. As I type this, I'm downloading a database backup from my current hosts and will then upload that to the VPS.

My question is this: I've got Acydburn's Attachment Mod already installed. The CH documentation states that the CH Attachment mod was based on Acydburn's, so does this mean that the CH version will be compatible with the existing database entries? My forums currently have several thousand attachments...will they continue to work?
FORDification.com - The '67-'72 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford F-Series Pickup Resource
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Yes (straight, no ? :)). Attachment for CH installer will recognize the presence of Attachmod and will act appropriatly.

Just one work about your restore: you will need to re-upload onto your VPS the install_cat/ directory, and delete prior hitting the index the cache/*.php files (as the caches for now are matching the test database).
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Categories Hierarchy

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 2.1.6
See first post for Download Link
Ptirhiik

Re: Categories Hierarchy

Post by Ptirhiik »

Regarding CH 2.1.6g: there is a minor bug within: magic url/emails are not parsed as links when displaying the message. The fix is available here.
vxchev

Post by vxchev »

great mod :D I am having a problem with allowing guests to register. I guess I have changed something but can't work out what I have changed. Could you point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
wpawlowski

Re: Categories Hierarchy - invisible forum

Post by wpawlowski »

Hope this is the proper place to ask this question, if not please let me know where should I post it.
How do I make forum invisible to users not logged in to the board? it is done with permissions in regular phpBB, don't see that with this mod. I also would like to make sure people not registered would not be able to read these forums.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> wpawlowski: acp/auth center/forums auth, per manager, select group "guests", then set the auths as you want,
> vxchev: as you may have changed other things, I suggest you to run in phpMyAdmin (sql tab) the following queries that will reset panels and auths to their default values:

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM phpbb_auths WHERE obj_type <> 'f';
TRUNCATE TABLE phpbb_cp_fields;
TRUNCATE TABLE phpbb_cp_panels;
TRUNCATE TABLE phpbb_cp_patches;
Then delete with your ftp client all cache/*.php
wpawlowski

Post by wpawlowski »

Thanks for the info.
Now I have another question:
How would I change the "Post New Topic" page?
For example I would like to have fields called "First Name", "Last Name", etc instead of "Subject Line". Some of the fields would have to be mandatory in order to post the topic or message. In addition I would like to have kind of poll going from "Bad" to "Great" in about 10 steps.
Where would I have to make the change and how hard is it?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”