Categories Hierarchy

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
13%
Good
5%
Fair
1%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 78

Ptirhiik

Re: [19/02/07] Categories Hierarchy

Post by Ptirhiik »

Set the auths for the categories too.
rp_024

Post by rp_024 »

Ptirhiik wrote:Set the auths for the categories too.
? Where, in phpbb2 admin panel the utility was "Permissions" and you just selected the category then changed who could view and who couldn't. I can't find that control in this admin panel.

Thanks
ccronpaul

Post by ccronpaul »

I got the forum working great but it seems way more complicated as far as functions are concerned. Is there a online manual for this?

Can somebody explain how to make the attachment function available to all registered users?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Links at first page.
ccronpaul

Post by ccronpaul »

I did not see how to make the attachment function available to all registered users.
ccronpaul

Post by ccronpaul »

never mind, I found it.
SmileyTSL

Request to pack several features of CH without the rest

Post by SmileyTSL »

Hey, I want some features of CH, but due to my forum's "neutral" version (One that accepts almost all mod installations ; 2.0.21), and the use of 10+ mods, and because I want only some, i'd like to ask wether someone could seperate some features into different mods.

For example, the "topic as agreement" part would be nice if someone could export it :D .
-Smiles. ;)
fulleffect

Post by fulleffect »

hello,

during the instal i've got the next errors
SQL request failed (maybe already done) : Unknown column 'search_time' in 'phpbb_search_results': ALTER TABLE phpbb_search_results CHANGE COLUMN search_id search_id int(11) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', CHANGE COLUMN search_time search_time int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
after this you can finish install but then:
SQL request not achieved:
reason: 1054 - Unknown column 'config_static' in 'field list'
file: class_install.php, line: 815
request:
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_static = 1

what is the problem??

thnx for helping

greetings marco
it's just the way it is ;-)
clarkcj

Post by clarkcj »

hey,
i have my primary admin and a secondary admin account for my forum; however, when logging into both and attempting to access the administration panel I receive:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _read() in /home/arcadias/public_html/members/admin/index.php on line 25

Also - when i put it up on a wamp to view via localhost i get:
Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function url() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 16

I'm a total newbie- help!
Catherine
SmileyTSL

Post by SmileyTSL »

clarkcj wrote:hey,
i have my primary admin and a secondary admin account for my forum; however, when logging into both and attempting to access the administration panel I receive:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _read() in /home/arcadias/public_html/members/admin/index.php on line 25

Also - when i put it up on a wamp to view via localhost i get:
Warning: include(./common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 14

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function url() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\members\index.php on line 16

I'm a total newbie- help!
Catherine
Before you may read this: I do not have Categories Hierarchy, don't know expert PHP nor SQL. Though I sometimes solve these issues in a jiffy.

The second and third errors mean you're missing the file 'common.php' . That's pretty "critical", make sure it wasn't deleted. If it was, you can simply re-upload it if no mods did changes to it, or if you have cPanel (even better), create a backup installation of your PhpBB version. I used it when FTP failed and 1/3 of my language file disappeared between my computer and the server.

I have no idea about the first though, but it must be a SQL table entry that's missing. SQL is the exact topic I know almost nothing of ;) .
-Smiles. ;)
PhaDlaDy

Post by PhaDlaDy »

is it possible to use only the subforum function of this mod ?
Because i like to have more than 1 subforum in my Forums - you know simple subforums, there i can only create 1 deeper level subforum :(

Can someone help me ?
Ptirhiik

CH 2.1.6g & ATT 1.0.6

Post by Ptirhiik »

I'm pleased to announce Categories Hierarchy 2.1.6f has reached its final stage, and is now available as CH 2.1.6g. Attachment for CH 1.0.6 is also available.

This new CH version is essentially designed to improve the installer, SQL schema modifications part, and also introduces much more plug-ins entry points requested by the community. Some fixes have been made too (they are listed in the "report" forum - and soon moved to the "previous reports" forum - @ the demo board).
Alfateak

Post by Alfateak »

Hi all,

On my forum, http://www.ironnations.com, phpbb 2.0.21 with the categories hierarchy mod installed, I cannot get the "last edited by" message to be shown whenever there's a post edited.

I currently have no means of knowing whether or not a post has been edited. Looked all over for people with a simular problem but my search has so far been in vain.

Any ideas?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

No such reports have been ever made: maybe you miss something ? If a post is edited prior another person replies, the edited message won't display. The same if edited by someone else (this is default phpBB way to work). However: may I suggest you to upgrade to both latest phpBB & CH ? This is important you know :).
cvtrig

Problem installing - database entries not created - need hel

Post by cvtrig »

I just got done putting this mod which took way longer than 3 hours, nonetheless it appears as though my database did not accept the fields of user_bot_agent, user_bot_ips, or user_dist. All the other fields were created that weren't already there without a hitch.

I found what appears to be a hidden file called class_inc.php that has some of the values needed to manually insert these fields into my phpbb_user table, but can someone tell me what the exact values are for those three? ( i do realize it's some of the data after the word VALUE, but is it everything or just part of that info that I need to put into the INSERT statements in phpMyadmin?) :?:

Thanks in advance!

This is the error that I'm getting upon running CH 216 for the first time.

SQL request not achieved:
reason: 1054 - Unknown column 'user_bot_agent' in 'field list'
file: class_install.php, line: 391
request:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_active, username, user_password, user_session_time, user_session_page, user_lastvisit, user_regdate, user_level, user_posts, user_timezone, user_style, user_lang, user_dateformat, user_new_privmsg, user_unread_privmsg, user_last_privmsg, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try, user_emailtime, user_viewemail, user_attachsig, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allowsmile, user_allowavatar, user_allow_pm, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_rank, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_email, user_website, user_from, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_bot_agent, user_bot_ips, user_dst) VALUES(10, 1, 'Ask Jeeves', '09a8b6757dfd012fbb88ddb280a1164a', '0', '0', '0', 1193810039, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', 0, '0', '1', '1', '1', '1', '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '', '', '0', 'Ask_Jeeves', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'Teoma', '41d624,41d625,41d626,41d627', 0)
You can teach anyone to paint. You cannot teach anyone to be an artist. That's a quality of mind, a love of the magic of life.

Millard Sheets, 1977

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”