[08/03/07] ImageShock.eu - autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3r

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
90%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 10

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[08/03/07] ImageShock.eu - autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3r

Post by Extensions Robot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:17 pm

MOD Name: ImageShock.eu - autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3rd party
Author: zden
MOD Description: This mod makes inserting new images easier. User selects an image, uploads the image and the script inserts the image automatically as bbcode. User also sees the inserted image immediately. You can translate it to whatever language and customize it in any way. Not only the design but also functionality. The ImageShock.eu service is available in more languages (english, german, polish, czech, slovak), hosts kind of 50 000 images and growing rapidly.

MOD Version: 1.0.5
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.22

Download File: ImageShock.eu_1.0.5a.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 5079 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:07 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Yet another images hosting MOD.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

zden

Post by zden » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:34 am

3Di wrote: Yet another images hosting MOD.
3Di also wrote: Doesn't matter the "goodies"...

- this is totally no true, i don't know why someone wrote this if he probably didn't even see how it's working. it's actually first mod of it's kind. The graphic layout in this version is quite simple because of difficlt validation criteria but it's one of it's biggest advantages, unlike ImageShack.us mod you can customize graphics 100%, you can also translate it to your language, also no pop-ups and the image will be directly inserted to the message text.

You can see how it works on following screenshots:

Image Image

He you can see how the MOD works on testing forum:

http://ukazto.com/phpBB/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1

Many improvements might follow in future. One of the first will be insertion through URL which already were in not approved versions. Then there might be rotating an cropping function, insertion of more images at once, resizing image and customized thumbnail (possibly set through the profile) and many other functions possible to see at http://www.imageshock.eu . In the next versions there should be documentation but already now you can add most of functions by studying ImageShock.eu sourcecodes (the processing scripts of mod and ImageShock.eu homepage is the same). Also watermarking (watermark of your forum, not ImageShock.eu watermark), autostretching the iframe, better design, also small version which wouldn't take so much place on the page.

If you want some of these functions or even some other functions, write it here, please, because otherwise i don't know what to develope at first. You might think, that mod is hosted on our site, but that's no true. It's hosted on your site, then the script contacts ImageShock.eu servers which then process the image and call back your server.

it's no problem to ask for support on ICQ 169 106 168, live (msn) schee@post.cz, aol zschee, yahoo zdenek_schee, skype zdschee or of course here

you are more than welcome to translate this mod and post it to your language phpbb sites as your own or even publish here some modified versions under your nick
Last edited by zden on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageShock.eu MOD - the best solution for simple image upload, autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3rd party
Using ImageShock.eu Image Upload service

kber

Post by kber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 pm

a very very nice mod , i,m gonna install it soon
Hello All

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 pm

zden wrote:
3Di wrote:Yet another images hosting MOD.

- this is totally no true, i don't know why someone wrote this if he probably didn't even see how it's working. it's actually first mod of it's kind. The graphic layout in this version is quite simple because of difficlt validation criteria but it's one of it's biggest advantages, unlike ImageShack.us mod you can customize graphics 100%, you can also translate it to your language, also no pop-ups and the image will be directly inserted to the message text.

Yet another images hosting MOD, I wrote the description. Doesn't matter the "goodies" you described it has.. as a matter of fact that's it. :wink:

Ah.. forgot to mention: you should use page_tail.php into your .php files instead of

Code: Select all

</body>
</html>
you placed into your .tpl ones
that have not affected the validation but's worth to do, if you want.

Back to the topic now.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

zden

Post by zden » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:20 pm

3Di wrote: Ah.. forgot to mention: you should use page_tail.php into your .php files instead of

</body>
</html>
you placed into your .tpl ones
that have not affected the validation but's worth to do, if you want.

i was asking at IRC #phpbbmod about this and i didn't get sure answer about this, also when i was warned about missing page_header.php there was no info about missing page_tail.php ... i didn't know what whether to use page_tail.php, my own or what... however i think i am not going to use page_tail.php in future because it output's data which would be visible twice on the page (and useless and annoying for mod's purposes) and hiding this output by css or something would be programmer's mess. i already have problems with page_header.php because it makes too much free space on top of iframe and causes stupid font which i will have to prevent by css (but i don't where where can i use what css and where not)

in my opinion page_tail.php and page_header.php shouldn't have any output and shouldn't influence user side in any way but truth is that it's even impossible to use <style></style>, use <body onload="somejavascript();"> and many many other things that makes things much more complicated
ImageShock.eu MOD - the best solution for simple image upload, autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3rd party

macjob79

Post by macjob79 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Very easy installation! Hre was the problem...

Once I uploaded a picture, and it showed the picture, if you clicked on the picture (when it brings you to the imageshock.ep page, it would crash my internet everytime.

Any idea why?

zden

Post by zden » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 pm

macjob79 wrote: Very easy installation! Hre was the problem...

Once I uploaded a picture, and it showed the picture, if you clicked on the picture (when it brings you to the imageshock.ep page, it would crash my internet everytime.

Any idea why?

seems to be quite serious... have you a link to forum where you are testing it so that i could try it? (if possible, please set the forum not to require username and password) did you try it in multiple browsers (what os and browser do you use, hat version of phpbb do u use)? does it hapen even on http://imageshock.eu/phpBB/posting.php?mode=reply&t=1 test forum to you? Could you try an older unapproved version at http://www.imageshock.eu/ImageShock.eu_ ... _1.0.1.zip ( http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... imageshock ) which doesn't include so many phpbb codes ?

but i guess that problem will be on your side because no scripts should cause internet browser to crash (even if they were bad and stupid) also the script was tested by me, phpbb team and similiar version is running on tens of forums

zden

Re: [08/03/07] ImageShock.eu - autoinsert, 100% customizable

Post by zden » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:41 pm

MOD Database Manager wrote: The ImageShock.eu service is available in more languages (english, german, polish, czech, slovak), hosts kind of 50 000 images and growing rapidly.

i have forgotten to notice if you are running a big forum and don't want to use this mod because the site is in english, the whole site (not only the mod) could be translated to your language (contact me in such case). big forum means 5 000+ visitors a day. otherwise new languages will be added by growing popularity in individual countries.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:41 pm

coool mod i will try it :D

Coyote Says

Post by Coyote Says » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:49 pm

Exactly what I was looking for! Works beautifully! Thanks!

(it's an added bonus that it automatically creates backlinks to my site!!!!)

http://politics.pacificanation.com/view ... highlight=

zden

Re: [08/03/07] ImageShock.eu - autoinsert, 100% customizable, 3r

Post by zden » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:13 am

Hi, in the next versions (for phpbb 3 as well) there should be something like config file with documentation, but for now i made some little documentation to make you capable to manage some basic features (change the values in imageshockeu_input_body.tpl file)

What happens with image?

default value:

<input type="hidden" id="theselect1" name="theselect1" value="o" />
causes that images will be optimized - saved as JPG

other values:

<input type="hidden" id="theselect1" name="theselect1" value="n" />
causes that images won't be changed

(

<input type="hidden" id="theselect1" name="theselect1" value="800x600" />
causes that images will be resized to chosen resolution

!!if using resizing this we strongly recommnd to use the following two!!

<input type="hidden" id="nezvetsovat1" name="nezvetsovat1" value="1" />
which causes that resizing only makes images smaller, not bigger

and

<input type="hidden" id="zachovat1" name="zachovat1" value="1" />
which keeps the aspect ratio
)

Will there be an information bar in the thumbnail? (something like 251.3kB 1024x768)

default value:

<input type="hidden" name="radek1" id="radek1" value="1" />
causes there will be information bar in thumbnails

other value:

<input type="hidden" name="radek1" id="radek1" value="0" />
causes there will be no information bar in thumbnails

Will my image be public (visible at ImageShock.eu public gallery)?

default value:

<input type="hidden" name="verejny1" id="verejny1" value="1" />
causes that images will be public - will be seen at public gallery

other value:

<input type="hidden" name="verejny1" id="verejny1" value="0" />
causes that images won't be public - won't be seen at public gallery

Will there be views counter in the image page?

default value:

<input type="hidden" name="pocitadlo1" id="pocitadlo1" value="1" />
causes there will be views counter in the image page

other value:

<input type="hidden" name="pocitadlo1" id="pocitadlo1" value="0" />
causes there will be no views counter in the image page

What background color will be in the thumbnail?

default value:

<input type="hidden" value="#000000" name="barvapozadi1" />
you can change #000000 to color you want for the thumbnail background (use HTML colors in

full format with or without # character, DON'T USE short css format like #000 or word like black!) to match your forum design

What text color will be in the thumbnail?

default value:

<input type="hidden" value="#FFFF00" name="barvatextu1" />
you can change #FFFF00 to color you want for the thumbnail text (use HTML colors in full format with or without # character, DON'T USE short css format like #FF0 or word like red!) to match your forum design

also please tell me what functions would you like in future version the most if any

nokster

Post by nokster » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:29 am

Hello!

Sorry for asking but when I click the link to download the mod, it goes to a page with the following:

"This page is an ex-parrot, perhaps you should use the search?"

Can anyone tell me where can I download this mod?

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:43 am

nokster wrote: Hello!

Sorry for asking but when I click the link to download the mod, it goes to a page with the following:

Please read stickies and announcements: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=527421

zden

Post by zden » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm

nokster wrote: Hello!

you are right, but that is not my mistake and probably has something to do with phpbb.com problems... you can use my mirror at {here i put url of my own mirror but someone took it away (don't understand why) so if you need to download it, click the link lower or got to http://www.imageshock.eu and simply get it at the bottom eg in case that phpBB is down}

phpBB.com DOWNLOAD link (the bonded link as smithy_dll told): http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/ImageSh ... 1.0.5a.zip
Last edited by zden on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”