Invisible Replies until Replied

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Invisible Replies until Replied
Author: Lord Le Brand
Modification description: This MOD makes replies invisible to a user until the user makes a reply in topics which have set 'Replies invisible'. Who can set replies invisible, is set per forum with the permissions page in the Admin Control Panel.
Modification version: 1.2.2
Tested on phpBB version: 2.0.22

Download file: invisible_replie
File size: 17285 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
The descriptions says it all :)
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
Lord Le Brand

Re: Invisible Replies until Replied

Post by Lord Le Brand »

Hey,
thanks for validating, but the zip is kinda corrupted I think...
;)
Crazy-S

Post by Crazy-S »

Hello Lord Le Brand;

This is a great MOD! :)

I was wondering if there is a way to tweak the code a bit. I would like to make all attachments visible to members, BUT they will not be able to download the attachment without making a reply first. Would this be possible?
Visit Crazy-Software.com for some great personalized gift making software!

Like Personalized candy Wrappers? Then visit Our Community
Lord Le Brand

Post by Lord Le Brand »

Hmm, elaborate on this please, would it still have the functionality not showing replies too, and additionally not allow downloading attachments in the first post, or is this solely for attachments anywhere in the topic? and, in either case, I don't know that much of the attachments mod, so this won't be a quickie...
Crazy-S

Post by Crazy-S »

Yes I would like to display all comments, attachments etc. just not allow any downloads of attachments unless they make a reply to the topic(thread), then they would be able to download the attachment.

You see I run a candy wrapping forum, and members are complaining about other members taking the freebie(attachment), but all we are asking members to do is give a simple "Thanks" before taking the share(attachment) that took a considerable amount of time to create...So if they wanted to download the attachment(share) then they would be required to make a comment in the post before they could take it...
Visit Crazy-Software.com for some great personalized gift making software!

Like Personalized candy Wrappers? Then visit Our Community

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”