security_question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Manuels83

Re: security_question

Post by Manuels83 »

Hi..I recently tried installing this mod as I am sick of bots registering on my forum. Everything installed fine, all files were updated successfully and I can now see the question in my admin console but when I go to register I get the following error message.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\websitehere.com.au\httpdocs\forum\includes\template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 91

I am using a different theme, "justfooty" and when I copy the backed up file profile_add_body.tpl to the template\justfooty folder the error disappears. Any ideas?

EDIT: Think I found the problem I didn't add something to the profile_add_body.tpl I went through the instructions again and now it is working properly. Thanks for the MOD!
jsmoke222000

Post by jsmoke222000 »

I installed this mod on version 2.23. When users attempt to register & click on the user agreement the next page is blank? I followed the instructions exactly. If I use the profile_add_body.tpl I backed up, the normal profile setup page comes up. Is there something i need to do differently with that file other than what is described in the mod?
fortberry

Post by fortberry »

Thanks for developing such a useful mod!

One question though: my board till now used the admin activation link to enable new accounts. After doing a successful test with your mod, and then changing the security question, for every subsequent test account when I click the activation link (as the admin), it redirects back to the standard login screen and does not accept the username/password of the newly created account. Indeed I can see the account is not listed as "active" in the admin cp.

Changing the security question back made no difference. If I change configuration settings and allow users to activate themselves (with the link in an email - the same format link as what the admin clicks, ironically), then activation does work. It's wierd.

Any ideas why the admin activated link redirects? It's never happened before...
munkman02

Re: security_question installation

Post by munkman02 »

What Am I doing wrong during installation? The direction seem pretty easy but I must be missing something.

Let me first say that I am unfortunately having to stick with phpBB2 because the current server doesn't support v3 yet. Also, Yahoo Small Business hosting supplies phpBB 2.0.18 and trying to find .23 is next to impossible.

So if my version is the problem, let me know. If not, this is what I do:

I uploaded the index directory onto the root directory that has all the .php files (including the config.php).

I then went to the URL of my forum adding /index/SQ_update.php

My forum page came up with a message to remind me to remove the index/ and contrib/ directories.

By the way, I never uploaded the contrib folder to begin with.

The directions did not sya to do anything more but I feel I need to do something else. Since nothing has happened, obviously something is wrong. Is there something more I need to do?

What about the security_question_1.1.0.mod file. Was I suppose to do something with that.

Can someone supply specific install directions?
James N

Post by James N »

jsmoke222000 wrote:I installed this mod on version 2.23. When users attempt to register & click on the user agreement the next page is blank? I followed the instructions exactly. If I use the profile_add_body.tpl I backed up, the normal profile setup page comes up. Is there something i need to do differently with that file other than what is described in the mod?

Sorry for the delay.

It looks like you have an edit problem. Try re editing the filed using the editor linked from my website.
James N

Post by James N »

fortberry wrote:Thanks for developing such a useful mod!

One question though: my board till now used the admin activation link to enable new accounts. After doing a successful test with your mod, and then changing the security question, for every subsequent test account when I click the activation link (as the admin), it redirects back to the standard login screen and does not accept the username/password of the newly created account. Indeed I can see the account is not listed as "active" in the admin cp.

Changing the security question back made no difference. If I change configuration settings and allow users to activate themselves (with the link in an email - the same format link as what the admin clicks, ironically), then activation does work. It's wierd.

Any ideas why the admin activated link redirects? It's never happened before...
Sorry, I havent come across this before. No idea what thats happening
James N

Re: security_question installation

Post by James N »

munkman02 wrote:What Am I doing wrong during installation? The direction seem pretty easy but I must be missing something.

Let me first say that I am unfortunately having to stick with phpBB2 because the current server doesn't support v3 yet. Also, Yahoo Small Business hosting supplies phpBB 2.0.18 and trying to find .23 is next to impossible.

So if my version is the problem, let me know. If not, this is what I do:

I uploaded the index directory onto the root directory that has all the .php files (including the config.php).

I then went to the URL of my forum adding /index/SQ_update.php

My forum page came up with a message to remind me to remove the index/ and contrib/ directories.

By the way, I never uploaded the contrib folder to begin with.

The directions did not sya to do anything more but I feel I need to do something else. Since nothing has happened, obviously something is wrong. Is there something more I need to do?

What about the security_question_1.1.0.mod file. Was I suppose to do something with that.

Can someone supply specific install directions?
Firstly you can update to 2.0.23 or even 3.0.2 yourself without using the files Yahoo give you. Just download them from here.

To install my MOD open the mod file with a text editor (I recommend the one linked from my website) and you will see its a set of instructions. Just edit the files as listed, upload them, and the mods installed
munkman02

Post by munkman02 »

Actually, I was quite successful installing the MOD prior to receiving your post reply. I did actually follow the step-by-step instructions copying and pasting each segment into the appropriate docs.

I didn't even attempt to update from 2.0.18. Everything works just fine and most importantly, NO SPAM postings.
Mistique

Post by Mistique »

Thank you so very much. First night and 0 spam.
Congratulations on an ultimate MOD.
Why is it so good? Becouse I use language that spambots do not recognise.
Max Mouse

Post by Max Mouse »

Easymod doesnt work on mines it can't find $template->assign_block_vars('switch_confirm', array());
In the usercp_register file ... and I don't blame it because I can't find it either. :(
James N

Post by James N »

line 1019 on an unedited copy from 2.0.23

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”