security_question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
samsal21

Re: security_question

Post by samsal21 »

Do I go into phpmyadmin, click on SQL and copy and paste all that into the box that says run sql queries and then press go? I haven't done this before - just want to be sure, in case I mess something up.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Yes
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
samsal21

Post by samsal21 »

I got this error;

#1146 - Table 'alejandr_sitemagixprod.phpbb_config' doesn't exist
samsal21

Post by samsal21 »

Ok, I see what I've done wrong - it's worked now.
globalnoises

Post by globalnoises »

10 days after installed this A W E S O M E mod and i got 0 bots registrations. Visual confirmation (funny letters image) disabled, email confirmation (user) enabled, bots are gone. Previously my board has been bomberded by spam bots.

This is a perfect full antibot solution. All other complicated antibot mods are useless in compare to this one. I recommend this to all. Also it is very simple for users while they are registering to fill the appliction correctly and avoid doing it again and again.

Huge thanks to the author :D
swifer

Post by swifer »

Hi I'm a newbie here, and also new to the phpbb and mods so forgive me if I seem to be asking stupid questions. I did search for similar problems to mine but no luck finding anything. I downloaded this security question 1.1.0 MOD to add to my phpBB2 2.023 version. I'm using a webshell (file manager) within the control panel provided by IX webhosting.
Using my frontpage program I uploaded the MOD zip folder to server and opened the website in the webshell. I was able to decompress the zip file within the phpBB folder where it evidently extracted into the config folder which contains the root folder and install as follows phpBB2/contrib/root/install/SQ_update.php
I thought I had done it properly then I typed this in my browser
and I did get to the phpbb page that says your domain, and instructs you to delete the install and contrib directory , however I cannot log in or register or anything from this page can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong? Is this MOD installed or not ? how do I know?
Last edited by swifer on Sun May 04, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
swifer

Post by swifer »

also should I in fact delete both of these directories ? install I can see but the contrib also???
globalnoises

Post by globalnoises »

swifer wrote:also should I in fact delete both of these directories ? install I can see but the contrib also???
++ you can easily find out if your mod is installed or not. go to your admin panel > general admin > configuration , and look for the lines when the "security question" (and the answer) should be entered by forum admin. If you can see them, try entering a simple question and the correct answer.

After that, just log out and try to register as new user. Try to register answering the question, and try to register without answering the question , just to be sure.

++If you see the mod is working, you must delete all those files as instructed. The changes are done, your SQL is updated, files are useless.

p.s. You have posted a working link to an executable php file that is placed inside your ftp. This is not a smart thing to do since anyone can re-execute it now and mess your SQL. Remove this link !!!!!!!
swifer

Post by swifer »

Oh crap I didn't know that! THANKS
BUT I still can't log in or register at all from that page and there's no other way to get in there that I know of . This was the subject of my 1st question
I typed this in my browser .....which I removed from post thanks again
"and I did get to the phpbb page that says your domain, and instructs you to delete the install and contrib directory , however I cannot log in or register or anything from this page can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong?" how do I fix this?
James N

Post by James N »

Firstly don't use frontpage. Dreamweaver and Frontpage are not good choices when it comes to file editors (find out why). Use a simple text editor such as Notepad++ with a FTP client such as Filezilla

Secondly, if you delete the install folder from your forum it should then be back up and running. Other than update the database with the default question and answer, the MOD will not have installed.

Thirdly, thats not how you install a MOD. Read the readme in the contrib folder and the FAQ on page one of this topic.

The most important thing you can do when installing a MOD is to backup all your files and you data. If you take this simple precaution, you will find yourself having a lot less headaches.

After backing up the data you have two options for installing the MOD:
  1. EasyMOD: EasyMOD is a modification itself, but it makes installing MODs very simple. This option in recommended, especially for beginners.
  2. Manual: Installing a MOD by hand is much more time consuming, however you have more control over the process. It is a good idea to become familiar with how it is done, as sometimes EasyMOD can not install a MOD.
For more information on installting MODs, have a look at these Knowledge Base articles.

Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs
Knowledge Base - Installing MODs the Right Way
And this topic http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 16&t=61611
swifer

Post by swifer »

Thanks for the tip about not using FP as an editor, but I'm not sure if you got that idea from what I posted before. I use frontpage to design and upload to server. After I uploaded the zipped MOD to server what I used is a filemanager called WESHELL provided by my hosting co. To EDIT any files when selected a "notepad window opens" sorry I didn't say that specifically before. That being said I did NOT modify anything in notepad, so I wonder if this may be the reason my page is not working??? I followed the directions in the readme file of the MOD to the tee I believe. I don't get it. Maybe it's something really simple. I can only hope :?
swifer

Post by swifer »

OOPS I meant WEBSHELL.
James N

Post by James N »

You need to open the security question.mod file in your text editor and follow the instructions to edit the six files listed. Once you have done that the MOD will work.

The best way to do this is on your PC, then upload the edited files to your webspace overwriting the existing ones (having remembered to keep backups of the un edited files first. Just in case)
unkie-tee

Post by unkie-tee »

Hiya,

have installed the MOD - it is showing up in the last 3 rows of the db - I have changed the question but it is not showing up in the register section and the memberlist is still in view??

I am running phpBB 2.0.15.

Something is mentioned about a db update in the contrib folder but its not there.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Unkie-Tee
James N

Post by James N »

It should show in the last 2 rows of the config section of the database. Do you mean the last 3??

If your default style is not subSilver, then you need to edit your default style as well.

Maybe a link to your fourm, and you are aware that you are seriously out of date? The current build is 2.0.23

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”