security_question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: security_question

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Saggittarian wrote:Thanks to rm who helped me sort out my problems installing this, I have not had a single spambot since.
You're welcome!! :)
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

xtravagance

Post by xtravagance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:16 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:The biggest issues I see with people installing this mod are two things. Either 1) you didn't edit includes/usercp_register.php correctly and reupload the modified file back into your forum or 2) you didn't edit templates/xxx/profile_add_body.tpl.

Remember you need to edit not only templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl but you also need to edit the tpl file for any other templates you may have installed.
The problem is that Im not really shure what to update and the files I did update didn´t work.
So where exactly should I update ?

Sorry
Life is fair to everyone... Except me !!!

James N

Post by James N » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:32 pm

You need to make the edits to the files as listed in the MOD, then upload them using FTP and over write the ones already on your webspace.

Keep backups of the un edited files incase you make an error.

DO NOT use a WYSIWYG editor such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage (find out why). Use a simple text editor such as Notepad++ with a FTP client such as Filezilla

Dont forget to add the tables to the database 9using the included file if you are not happy using phpmyadmin

And thats it

xtravagance

Post by xtravagance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 pm

I did try to paste the code that is on page 26 but I have no clue where I should PUT it.
I asume that I cant paste it anywhere ? I my gosh I feel soo stupid

xtravagance

Post by xtravagance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm

EDIT: Is there a chance that someone can post the total code / files so we that not have the skills to do this by edit the files just can overwrite the exixtng files on our server ?

EDIT 2: Finaly made it work exept for one thing. ( Used Easy Mod ) the question isn´t in swedish as I want it to be. How do I solve this issue. ( What file )

James N

Post by James N » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 am

Well done. To change the wording that appears on the registration page, open language/lang_****/lang_main.php

find

Code: Select all

// Security Question Mod
$lang['securityquestion_invalid'] = 'Sorry, but your answer is NOT correct.<br/>Please try again.';
$lang['securityquestion'] = 'Please answer the following question: *<br/><b>%s</b>';
$lang['securityquestion_explain'] = 'To help prevent spam.';
and change the text between the ' ' as you need it

xtravagance

Post by xtravagance » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 pm

James N wrote:Well done. To change the wording that appears on the registration page, open language/lang_****/lang_main.php

find

Code: Select all

// Security Question Mod
$lang['securityquestion_invalid'] = 'Sorry, but your answer is NOT correct.<br/>Please try again.';
$lang['securityquestion'] = 'Please answer the following question: *<br/><b>%s</b>';
$lang['securityquestion_explain'] = 'To help prevent spam.';
and change the text between the ' ' as you need it
Finally it works thx soo much.

Headhunter2637

Post by Headhunter2637 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 am

ok again... I am a total Noob.

I get this error
Critical Error: modio_move[1]

COPY ERROR: could not move file [mods/contrib/processed/includes/usercp_register.php.txt] to [../includes/usercp_register.php]
ATTEMPING REMAINDER OF POST PROCESS
What do I need to do?

James N

Post by James N » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:39 am

Thats an esaymod error. I am not an expert but it looks like it can not make the backup of usercp_register.php thats its attempting to do. If you make a manual backup of that file (just FTP it to your PC) and run the easymod install again it should install OK

Or ask on the EasyMOD forum

rockinrick

Post by rockinrick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm

I'd like to add this MOD to 2.0.23. I'm not sure where to begin with what files to change! I use an FTP to upload my files. What do change in what files before I upload and in which file do I send it to? Or am I understanding this wrong? I'm new to this and am getting slammed with spammers.
Many thanks,
Rick
Get your animals spayed or neutered!

James N

Post by James N » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:25 am

First un zip the download, and open the MOD file with your text editor. DO NOT use Dreamweaver or the like.

Then you will see its a set of instructions. You add the SQL, edit the files it lists, then upload the overwriting the ones on your webspace.

Also dont forget to read the Readme enclosed with the download.

Have a read of the FAQ on the first page of this topic.

For more information on installting MODs, have a look at these Knowledge Base articles.

Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs
Knowledge Base - Installing MODs the Right Way
And this topic http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 16&t=61611

rockinrick

Post by rockinrick » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi James,
Thanks for the reply! I'm new to all this. All I've done is install PHPBB with Fantasico, then updated to 2.0.23.
I guess I need to know what is a MOD file? I've read the posts you showed, but still at a loss as to how to go about doing this. Once I understand it, I won't forget.

When someone has time, a step by step tut would be great! (for us slow people)
Many thanks to all,
Rick

James N

Post by James N » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Have you downloaded and un zipped the MOD from the link on the first post?

You will have a folder containing a file with .mod extension and a contrib folder. Open the .mod file as I said before. The readme is in the contrib folder, together with the database updater (if you wish to use it)

Then you follow the instructions in the mod file, editing the 6 files needed (if you have a default style other than subSilver, you need to edit that in the same way as the subSilver files.)

Once you have edited the files, and added the tables to the database ( the enclosed file will do that for you ) you then uplad the edited files, and you are done.

Just remember to keep backups of the files BEFORE you edit them, just in case. We have all made mistakes, and having files you know to work within easy reach is always reassuring

rockinrick

Post by rockinrick » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:10 am

OK,
I downloaded Easymod and have it installed! Now with the contrib files, I have a file named mod in my admin folder. Do I upload the Security Question contrib folder in the mod folder?

Lost as usual with many thanks,
Rick

James N

Post by James N » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:27 am

rockinrick wrote:OK,
I downloaded Easymod and have it installed! Now with the contrib files, I have a file named mod in my admin folder. Do I upload the Security Question contrib folder in the mod folder?

Lost as usual with many thanks,
Rick

No. Thats not needed with easymod. The mod will be correctly installed (though check its working correctly by registering with the wrong and right answer)

And thats it. You can now turn off the CAPCHA if you want.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”