security_question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
aliceaod

Re: security_question

Post by aliceaod » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:34 am

I have latest version of phpBB 2.0.22.

I installed security_question using easymod.

Works OK on SubSilver template.

When I tried it with Aphrodite Template (which I got at beta.colorizeit.com) I got this error when I pressed the REGISTER button:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/user/public_html/domainname/forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 314
Any way to fix this?

James N

Post by James N » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 am

aliceaod wrote:I have latest version of phpBB 2.0.22.

When I tried it with Aphrodite Template (which I got at beta.colorizeit.com) I got this error when I pressed the REGISTER button:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/user/public_html/domainname/forum/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 314
Any way to fix this?
calrissian wrote:I've installed this great security mod...

Works fine for Subsilver template.

However, for the Aeolus template users get the following error when they click on the 'Profile' menu button.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/username/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 327

--
In practice, none of my forum members are able to edit their profile at the moment, they get that error.

I'm not sure how to progress from here. I've read around a bit, but am kinda lost as to what to do, and I'd like to stick with the Aeolus template.

*other than the above issue, the mod works fine. Any suggestions, most appreciated.
assuming its working on subSilver, do the following

## back up the files first. Just in case ##

Copy

templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

to

templates/your_default_template/admin/board_config_body.tpl

templates/your_default_template/profile_add_body.tpl

and check it works

If it doesnt, restore the backed up files and let me know

James N

Post by James N » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 am

isculpt wrote:woops!

James Though the registration page is asking the question, The one I changed it to, I must have somehow deleted it from the admin page because i can not see it anymore. Just this one last thing and I promise I won't bug you again.

Bridgette

Try re uploading the edited templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl

gtkuntz

Post by gtkuntz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:58 pm

This is by far one of the best mod's that have stopped spam registration on my board.

Where would one start, if trying to get this working on the phpBB3 RC3 ?

calrissian

Post by calrissian » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:40 pm

Thankyou very much.

Copying over those two files now allows the mod to work with my Aeolus template.

Much appreciated, and simpler than I feared.

*this mod is surely one of the most useful and time saving that phpBB has ever had. I salute the author.

capoeira

Post by capoeira » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:33 am

James N wrote:
aliceaod wrote:I have latest version of phpBB 2.0.22.

Any way to fix this?
calrissian wrote:I've installed this great security mod...

Works fine for Subsilver template.

However, for the Aeolus template users get the following error when they click on the 'Profile' menu button.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/username/public_html/phpBB2/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 327

--
In practice, none of my forum members are able to edit their profile at the moment, they get that error.

I'm not sure how to progress from here. I've read around a bit, but am kinda lost as to what to do, and I'd like to stick with the Aeolus template.

*other than the above issue, the mod works fine. Any suggestions, most appreciated.
assuming its working on subSilver, do the following

## back up the files first. Just in case ##

Copy

templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

to

templates/your_default_template/admin/board_config_body.tpl

templates/your_default_template/profile_add_body.tpl

and check it works

If it doesnt, restore the backed up files and let me know
Thanks James...i also faced this problem and i replaced those files and its working fine now...thank youuuuuu !!!...

James N

Post by James N » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:17 am

gtkuntz wrote:This is by far one of the best mod's that have stopped spam registration on my board.

Where would one start, if trying to get this working on the phpBB3 RC3 ?
Unfortunately it wont work 'as is' but I am not well enough to work on it ATM It is on my 'things to do' list though.

As soon as I am reasonably confident I have it right i will poat on the phpBB3 Mods in Development thread

James N

Post by James N » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:02 am

calrissian wrote:Thankyou very much.

Copying over those two files now allows the mod to work with my Aeolus template.

Much appreciated, and simpler than I feared.

*this mod is surely one of the most useful and time saving that phpBB has ever had. I salute the author.
capoeira wrote:
Thanks James...i also faced this problem and i replaced those files and its working fine now...thank youuuuuu !!!...
No problem. Glad its working now

azra

Post by azra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:33 pm

James N wrote:FAQ
Q What files do I edit to do this?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityquestion','How many days in a year?');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityanswer','365');
A Go to your php myadmin. Most likely http://www.yoursitename.com/forum/myadmin
Enter your SQL user name and password.
Select your database from the drop down menu on the left. Then just click the SQL tab. Then you will get an empty SQL query window.
Cut and paste

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityquestion','How many days in a year?');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityanswer','365');
in to the window,
press go.
If you click on phpbb_config and browse through it, on the last page you will see the new rows in alphabetical order. Then just log out.

If you are still having problems, then download this ZIP file unzip it, and follow the instructions in the Read Me.
I followed all the directions until here:
James N wrote:If you click on phpbb_config and browse through it, on the last page you will see the new rows in alphabetical order. Then just log out.
i dont understand what was supposed to happen after i pressed go. Is there a way I can undo what I did?

and how do i change the security question to my own?

PS I havent finished installing the mod yet, i am still on the first part of this

azra :D

James N

Post by James N » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:01 pm

What you have done so far is enter the default Q&A into the database. You will be able to change the question and answer in the ACP once you have done the rest of the MOD.

If you still want to delete the Q&A from the database, then in phpmyadmin browse to the last page of config where you will find the two entries, and delete them

azra

Post by azra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:04 pm

thanks, i will continue installing the mod, and see if it works.

azra

Post by azra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:26 pm

thanks, i finished installing this mod, i hope no more spam join my forum!

James N

Post by James N » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:30 pm

Human spammers it cant stop, but so far its given near 100% protection from spambots.

Hope you find the same.

azra

Post by azra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:01 pm

James N wrote:Human spammers it cant stop, but so far its given near 100% protection from spambots.

Hope you find the same.
I see what you mean, but in some situations it can stop people from joining your forum who you dont want to. For example, lets say I just want my friends to join my forum, and dont want anyone else to. I can change the question to say "What is the password?" instead of "How many days are there in a year?", and I can give the "password" to my friends only, and that way, no one else can join except my friends.

But you are right, other than that, it cant really stop Human Spammers.

James N

Post by James N » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 pm

azra wrote:
James N wrote:Human spammers it cant stop, but so far its given near 100% protection from spambots.

Hope you find the same.
I see what you mean, but in some situations it can stop people from joining your forum who you dont want to. For example, lets say I just want my friends to join my forum, and dont want anyone else to. I can change the question to say "What is the password?" instead of "How many days are there in a year?", and I can give the "password" to my friends only, and that way, no one else can join except my friends.

But you are right, other than that, it cant really stop Human Spammers.

Exactly so. Or if you want to make the forum closed to all, then make the question 'sorry, this forum is closed' and make he answer a line of rubbish that no one will ever guess :lol:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”