security_question

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
azra

Re: security_question

Post by azra » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:37 pm

James N wrote:Exactly so. Or if you want to make the forum closed to all, then make the question 'sorry, this forum is closed' and make he answer a line of rubbish that no one will ever guess :lol:
ya, its pretty cool :D
azra :D

BARTONIOUS

Post by BARTONIOUS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:05 am

How do I change the security question? I think it's been covered before but I don't understand half the terms used so please use as little jargon as possible, like ACP, think that's been mentioned, how do I access it?

James N

Post by James N » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:06 am

BARTONIOUS wrote:How do I change the security question? I think it's been covered before but I don't understand half the terms used so please use as little jargon as possible, like ACP, think that's been mentioned, how do I access it?
Log in as admin, look down the side bar to general admin click configeration and the question and answer are the 9th and 10th items on the list. Change them to whatever you want, scroll down>submit

Thundercloud

Post by Thundercloud » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:17 pm

I followed the instructions but the question does not show up when registering just a blank textbox

here is the url
http://wxforum.freehostia.com/Forum/

James N

Post by James N » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Re check your edits to the language files.

Also DO NOT use dreamweaver or wordprocessor to edit the files. They screw the coding. Use notepad, or one of the text editors in my sig

azra

Post by azra » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Thundercloud wrote:I followed the instructions but the question does not show up when registering just a blank textbox

here is the url
http://wxforum.freehostia.com/Forum/
did u do this part of the instructions?
Go to your php myadmin. Most likely http://www.yoursitename.com/forum/myadmin
Enter your SQL user name and password.
Select your database from the drop down menu on the left. Then just click the SQL tab. Then you will get an empty SQL query window.
Cut and paste

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityquestion','How many days in a year?');
    INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('securityanswer','365');
in to the window,
press go.
If you click on phpbb_config and browse through it, on the last page you will see the new rows in alphabetical order. Then just log out.

If you are still having problems, then download this ZIP file unzip it, and follow the instructions in the Read Me.

James N

Post by James N » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:14 pm

s/he has done that azra (theres an easy way to check always assuming the template edits have been done)

azra

Post by azra » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:34 pm

James N wrote:s/he has done that azra (theres an easy way to check always assuming the template edits have been done)
sorry :oops: just makin sure he/she did it

James N

Post by James N » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Thats OK Its an easy step to miss, especially if its your first time with SQL. :)

S. Stevens

Post by S. Stevens » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Tried the install with EasyMod, but have run into the issue of the SQL tables. So, I did as directed, and it returns:

MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'wcwfimpact_net_-_phpbb.phpbb_config' doesn't exist

Anyone?

NOTE: Also, just realized...when I first installed this mod, I was still on version .20.0, and it worked at the time. I have since upgraded to .22, and now this mod doesn't work. Everything else seems to be working fine.

18handicap

Post by 18handicap » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:51 pm

Yes, I'm having the same problem with the question not saving from my ACP and then not appearing on the registration form. http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums

Thanks

S. Stevens

Post by S. Stevens » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 pm

MOSTLY resolved my issue.

My defaul, I use a theme other than SubSilver...but, have SubSilver the default theme for when you go to the board and are not signed in. I did this because it's the only way I found that the question shows up(because I have not edited the other theme's files yet).

Additionally, my lang_main.php file was missing the required code listed in the install...despite EasyMod installing the mod with no problems. Strange.

So, I fixed the lang_main file, and have to switch MY theme to SubSilver if I want to be able to go into the Admin panel and edit the question....which I don't need to.

Will probably go through this thread, and find the directions on implementing for different themes, because I can't seem to find the necessary code in those template files to edit.

S. Stevens

Post by S. Stevens » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:28 pm

S. Stevens wrote:MOSTLY resolved my issue.

My defaul, I use a theme other than SubSilver...but, have SubSilver the default theme for when you go to the board and are not signed in. I did this because it's the only way I found that the question shows up(because I have not edited the other theme's files yet).

Additionally, my lang_main.php file was missing the required code listed in the install...despite EasyMod installing the mod with no problems. Strange.

So, I fixed the lang_main file, and have to switch MY theme to SubSilver if I want to be able to go into the Admin panel and edit the question....which I don't need to.

Will probably go through this thread, and find the directions on implementing for different themes, because I can't seem to find the necessary code in those template files to edit.
Further note: Solved this, as well. The theme I use is an older one, and did not have visual confirmation setup on it. Here is a thread on how to add that, which includes the code that will have to be edited in order to implement security_question on the theme:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 3&t=240913

Now...everything is working wonderfully. THANK YOU!

James N

Post by James N » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:13 am

S. Stevens wrote: Further note: Solved this, as well. The theme I use is an older one, and did not have visual confirmation setup on it. Here is a thread on how to add that, which includes the code that will have to be edited in order to implement security_question on the theme:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 3&t=240913

Now...everything is working wonderfully. THANK YOU!
Glad you got there. :)

18handicap wrote:Yes, I'm having the same problem with the question not saving from my ACP and then not appearing on the registration form. http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums

Thanks
The registration page is not appearing either. It looks like something has gone wrong with your editing. I suggest you replace your backed up files, and re check your edits. NOTE Remember NOT to use Dreamweaver or a word processor to sdit forum files. Either Notepad or one of the editors in my sig are perfect for the job

kash81

Post by kash81 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Seem like a great mod, having problem installing it, when trying to install it with EasyMod i get the following error. Any help. Also from a previous attempt, everything was fine, but the registering page was mess. Try the fix that was given in the page before, but that doesn't seem to work.
Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite_green/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<textarea name="signature" style="width: 300px" rows="6" cols="30" class="post">{SIGNATURE}</textarea>
</td>
</tr>

MOD script line #218 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subBlack/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<textarea name="signature" style="width: 300px" rows="6" cols="30" class="post">{SIGNATURE}</textarea>
</td>
</tr>

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

</td>
</tr>

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”