Contact Form

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
jrdorkin

Re: Contact Form

Post by jrdorkin »

marcus.smith wrote:ACP » General Admin » Contact Form » Activate Captcha?

Set to Enable
There is no such option available.....
marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

jrdorkin wrote:
marcus.smith wrote:ACP » General Admin » Contact Form » Activate Captcha?

Set to Enable
There is no such option available.....
This means GD is not available on your server - I coded it to detect GD Library and only show the CAPTCHA options if it's there.

You need to ask your host to install it.. ask for the lastest "GD Library 2" and "Freetype Support" for the TTF style letters.

Good luck! :)
..: Ma®©uS™ :..
Image Mods: Contact Form | Hex BBCode | Login Name
jrdorkin

Post by jrdorkin »

Thanks! I just rebuild Apache and added GD (it had been removed for some reason!).

Much appreciated!
dlv

Post by dlv »

Great mod :D
But one question: where can I add/remove file extensions (like xls, doc, pdf) in contact.php :?:
I can't find $blacklist and $whitelist in the code :?:
Ban/Allow Extensions
## --------------------
## To add/remove extensions for your own form, simply OPEN contact.php,
## then FIND the $blacklist and $whitelist arrays. EDIT, with care, as required.
Thanx ;)
marcus.smith

Post by marcus.smith »

Oh, my bad.. I moved the attachment code in this version and forgot to update the notes! *swears* :o

The $blacklist / $whitelist can now be found in: includes/contact_attach.php
dlv

Post by dlv »

Thanks Marcus for your quick answer ;)
I found it indeed in includes/contact_attach.php :D
Xclavo

Post by Xclavo »

edit#5 Of course! use class="forumline" in textarea. ha! well... I guess all my problems are solved. Now i'm off to go pat myself on the back! :lol:

edit#4 Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the contrib folder... I thought it was filled with updates only. geez :oops: . Problems fixed. thank you. :D :arrow: I do need to figure out how to make either my text darker or the message box daker.

edit#3 Where can I edit in the reasons for contacting, ( drop down list ) I can not find it anywhere in my ACP. :|

edit#2
How do I make the message box more viewable? I use a dark to black theme... I had to insert class="mainoption" into the <input boxes and it worked great. The only thing is the message box is white with light text which makes the message un readable while typing. or if there is a way to make the text darker?

edit>> oops... I guess it would help if I uploaded the fonts folder too :lol: :?

Thank you for the nice MOD. :D

Hello, I also can not see the captcha... everything is uploaded, the images are there... i even tried chmod captcha folder ...
I do have GD
ABXGuy

Post by ABXGuy »

In the contact_msg.tpl the language call for the Delete button looks for L_DELETE but in the lang_contact.php it is labeled as "Msg_delete". I changed L_DELETE to L_MSG_DELETE and the word Delete now displays in the delete button on the messages form, before this change the button was blank.

If by chance I click on the above mentioned delete button without ticking any messages to delete I get the following error message.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /removed/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in /removed/includes/functions.php on line 957
One last thing, the captcha image is not displaying for me. All I get is the infamous red X. I've ftp'd the images a couple times but they just will not display. Any ideas?

Contact Form was installed with EasyMod.
Ma®©uS

Post by Ma®©uS »

ABXGuy wrote:In the contact_msg.tpl the language call for the Delete button looks for L_DELETE but in the lang_contact.php it is labeled as "Msg_delete". I changed L_DELETE to L_MSG_DELETE and the word Delete now displays in the delete button on the messages form, before this change the button was blank.
See: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 8#p3182718 (Bug Fixes)
ABXGuy wrote:If by chance I click on the above mentioned delete button without ticking any messages to delete I get the following error message.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /removed/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code:1) in /removed/includes/functions.php on line 957
One last thing, the captcha image is not displaying for me. All I get is the infamous red X. I've ftp'd the images a couple times but they just will not display. Any ideas?

Contact Form was installed with EasyMod.
Depends what's here: includes/functions.php on line 957.
It seems to be creating headers too early.
limco

Post by limco »

The captcha image is not displaying for me aswell........ All I get is the infamous red X, and I have set it to Enable................?
Plus where do I find the contact file, so I can add some more text ?
p.s...........looking good so far !
:lol:
Edit !
Plus where do I find the contact file, so I can add some more text ?
p.s...........looking good so far !
I found it !..................but still getting no captcha image
http://www.addictivehobby.com/forum/contact.php
:cry:
Ma®©uS

Post by Ma®©uS »

@ABXGuy and Limco

If you have an includes/.htaccess file that prevents GET, POST requests* from includes then you may find the CAPTCHA does not work and would need to either remove the .htaccess or move the contact_captcha.php to the phpbb root directory and edit the code in contact.php to the new location:

Change:

Code: Select all

'CAPTCHA' => 'includes/contact_captcha.'.$phpEx,
To:

'CAPTCHA' => $phpbb_root_path.'contact_captcha.'.$phpEx,

* Example:

<Limit GET POST PUT>
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Limit>
limco

Post by limco »

Thank you Ma®©uS.....I will give it a try and see what happens 1
;)
Ma®©uS

Post by Ma®©uS »

Tested with 2.0.23 - mod is unaffected by code changes.
declanb
I've Been Banned!

Post by declanb »

Ma®©uS wrote:@ABXGuy and Limco

If you have an includes/.htaccess file that prevents GET, POST requests* from includes then you may find the CAPTCHA does not work and would need to either remove the .htaccess or move the contact_captcha.php to the phpbb root directory and edit the code in contact.php to the new location:

Change:

'CAPTCHA' => 'includes/contact_captcha.'.$phpEx,
To:

'CAPTCHA' => $phpbb_root_path.'contact_captcha.'.$phpEx,

* Example:

<Limit GET POST PUT>
Order Allow,Deny
Deny from All
</Limit>
i moved the contact_captcha.php file and made the edits in contact.php and still no captcha for me?

i was also wondering is it possible to edite the font sizes in the form?
Ma®©uS

Post by Ma®©uS »

declanb wrote:i moved the contact_captcha.php file and made the edits in contact.php and still no captcha for me?
A few people seem to have this issue, but I don't seem to be able to reproduce the problem and without sufficent information I have been unable to debug it. I can't see why it may not always work, the PHP seems fine. I suspect certain server setups are causing this.

Check for GD Library and Freetype Support first though.
declanb wrote:i was also wondering is it possible to edite the font sizes in the form?
The template uses font sizes of standard themes (.gen, .gensmall) and should be easy enough to change, if required.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”