ACP Site Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Azbot

Re: ACP Site Announcement Centre

Post by Azbot »

can you intsall this with easy mod?
im new to easy mod and all sorts of installing even havinmg my own web page so i jst want stuff that installs the easy way!

and sum of the stuff ive downloaded has not worked from here
using easy mod!
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Todesengel wrote:Great mod, I got it to work but I had some problems. Main problem was, your SQL says to create this table.

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_announcement_centre`
And then the mod is requesting this table

ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74_TABLE', 
All I had to do was change the name of the table in the codes. Is there anyway to add the annoucement to the overall_header?

Also my guests see the same message my reg users do, they are not seeing the announcement_guest_text when a guest is browsing. Any ideas on where I can start? I dug through the code as much as possible and I cannot figure out why it will not work. My SQL tables are updating with the information that I have put in the guest field. But it is not displaying it. Here is my code for the disply in index_body.tpl. (I am using the scrolling one I found on your site.)

<!-- BEGIN announcement_displayed --> 
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1" class="forumline"> 
<tr> 
<th class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_ANNOUNCEMENT}&nbsp;</th> 
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="gen"><marquee align="middle" behavior="scroll" direction="left" height="30" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="8" loop="true" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">{SITE_ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74}</marquee></span></td> 
</tr> 
</table><br /> 
<!-- END announcement_displayed --> 
<!-- BEGIN guest_announcement_displayed --> 
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="forumline"> 
<tr> 
<th class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_ANNOUNCEMENT}&nbsp;</th> 
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="gen"><marquee align="middle" behavior="scroll" direction="left" height="30" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2" loop="true" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">{GUEST_ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74}</marquee></span></td> 
</tr> 
</table><br /> 
<!-- END guest_announcement_displayed -->
hi, there was actually no need to change the table names in the code as in the includes/constants everything is taking care of.

I am at work at the moment but will have a look tonight. I do not believe that the scrolling bit was for the latest version though,I never tested it myself to be honest.

One thing I would ask you though is to
a. doublecheck your edits
b. make sure that in the ACP 'Show Site announcements to:' is not set to Everyone but to registered members

cheers
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Azbot wrote:can you intsall this with easy mod?
im new to easy mod and all sorts of installing even havinmg my own web page so i jst want stuff that installs the easy way!

and sum of the stuff ive downloaded has not worked from here
using easy mod!
Yes, it worked fine for me when I tested it with Easymod. However, I only tested it on Vanilla boards, not on heavily modded boards.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Todesengel

Post by Todesengel »

Here is the code in my constants file, even when I put the standard code back in, it keeps saying the database does not exist. Maybe I left something out? I triple checked the installation, line by line and I still cant get the guest announcement to show up. When I changed it to registered users only can see it, guest announcements still does not appear. I am lost at this point.

// BEGIN ACP Site Announcement Centre MOD lefty74
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_TABLE', $table_prefix.'phpbb_announcement_centre');
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_ALL', 0);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_REG', 1);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_MOD', 2);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_ADM', 3);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_YES', 1);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_SHOW_NO', 0);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_GUEST_YES', 1);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_GUEST_NO', 0);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_FORUM_TOPIC_LATEST', 1);
define('phpbb_announcement_centre_FORUM_TOPIC_FIRST', 0);
// END ACP Site Announcement Centre MOD lefty74
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

one thing i could offer is for you to send me your modified files and i can have a look at them as I know the mod does work.
lefty74
jomasaco

Post by jomasaco »

Hi, thanks for this mod.

Now i have an problem, this don't appears on admin board.
I use the integramod and presume i have done everting ok.
i can acess directly to the file if i wrigt the adress, just don't see on admin board.

btw CrackerTracker bloks this mod, to bypass include, "define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'LOW');" after "define('IN_PHPBB', 1);" on admin_announcement_centre.php
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Hi,
I do not know really know much about integramod but if i recall correctly i fixed this once before (dont remember what i did tho).

could you pm me a link where i can get integramod so i can have a look?

thanks for CT bypass, i dont know anything about ct either :oops:
lefty74
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, i just found the reply i sent to someone that had integramod installed:
lefty74 wrote: Hi,
I had a quick look at integramod, i noticed they have a subfolder called modules in the admin folder.

You could try to create a file called admin_announcement_centre.php with the follwoing contents and stick it in there.

<?php
/***************************************************************************
 *                      	admin_announcement_centre.php
 *                     	 -------------------
 *   begin		: Sunday, Feb 25, 2007
 *   last modified	: Monday, May 7, 2007
 *   copyright     	: (C) lefty74
 *   email              	: [email protected]
 ***************************************************************************/

if( !empty($setmodules) )
{
	$file = basename(__FILE__);
	$module['General']['Announcements'] = $file;
	return;
}

?>
If that does not work I recommend to ask on the integramod site, they probably know the answer straight away. This does not mean I don't want to help, just that they will probably more capable in helping.
cheers
lefty
that worked at the time
lefty74
jomasaco

Post by jomasaco »

Its perfect.
Thanks again lefty74.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

:) you are welcome
lefty74
Bohauo

Post by Bohauo »

one question...
Do you have to use the standard phpBB theme (Subsilver) to use any mods???
i haven't been able to install any mod on the other theme, the files that have to be change in the "subsilver" dir i hve change the in the other dir, let's say my theme is "pinksilver" i have then changed the files accordingly to the install, file but when it comes to ".../theme/subsilver" i have changed the files in ".../theme/pinksilver" so back to my question can i only mod if i use the standard theme???

i have a whole bunch of problems that i can't solve with ACP 1.2.3...
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you should be able to install it on most themes. However, the finds for the templates in the install isntructions would not be 100% accurate. there is only one edit to make so shouldnt be that much of a problem.

have you tried easymod?
lefty74
Bohauo

Post by Bohauo »

i have looked for it and i can't find it... i have seached here and on the site where i first got your mod but as i said i can't find it, would you be so kind to add a link to it or something like that???
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Bohauo wrote:i have looked for it and i can't find it... i have seached here and on the site where i first got your mod but as i said i can't find it, would you be so kind to add a link to it or something like that???
sorry, what is it you are looking for? easymod?
lefty74
Bohauo

Post by Bohauo »

Sorry for the hold up... other thing got in the way, yes i meant easy mod, but i have found it and i used it to install your this mod but it didn't work... i don't know what to do, i need it... (your mod)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”