ACP Site Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lefty74

Re: ACP Site Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

pse doublecheck that you inserted the SQL in the right database.
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Rimson

Post by Rimson »

hi,

when i tried this mod i get only a blue ribbon but no announcement box.
http://www.witteherderforum.be

anybody that can help pls ?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, have you doublechecked your edits already? executed the SQL and uploaded all the files?
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Rimson

Post by Rimson »

I've added it all in phpadmin (the sql commands and all were succesfull)
did always copy paste it :(
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

did you doublecheck your edits it tho? this mod works on many boards and I have no idea why it shouldnt work on yours unless you maybe forgot an edit ;)
lefty74
hrpttr7

Post by hrpttr7 »

Hi. Does anyone know if there's a MOD like this for phpBB3?

Thanks in advance.
blaster

Post by blaster »

Need help here.... :cry:

After "installing", i've no problem with preview in ACP. However, after I turned on the announcement, nothing happened on my index page. I've checked thru' the index and index_body but can't seems to find the problem.

Anybody can enlighten me? :roll:
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hrpttr7 wrote:Hi. Does anyone know if there's a MOD like this for phpBB3?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=566557
hasnt got all the features atm tho
blaster wrote:Need help here.... :cry:

After "installing", i've no problem with preview in ACP. However, after I turned on the announcement, nothing happened on my index page. I've checked thru' the index and index_body but can't seems to find the problem.

Anybody can enlighten me? :roll:
Hi, the announcements are turned on and the edits to index.php and index_body.tpl were made and uploaded? If you use other styles you will need to make changes to those tpl files as well.
lefty74
hrpttr7

Post by hrpttr7 »

lefty74 wrote:
hrpttr7 wrote:Hi. Does anyone know if there's a MOD like this for phpBB3?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=566557
hasnt got all the features atm tho
Thank you ;)
elelohesterling

Post by elelohesterling »

Can't get it to work... I get this error.... even though I am looking straight at the table in mysql
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query site announcement information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'acehaloc_phpb1.phpbb_announcement_centre' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_announcement_centre

Line : 218
File : common.php
elelohesterling

Post by elelohesterling »

Nevermind... it just engaged.
squeek

Post by squeek »

Nice MOD, i have the version 1.0.0 installed and seems to be fine eccept one small issue :lol: i have multi bbcode installed with blink, youtube, google, user, spoiler, hr but on the site announcement edit page it still shows the standard bbcode options. What would i need to do so that i could add the other bbcode i hace installed to the announcement mod ?
thanks 8-)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

you can type in the bbcode tags by hand, they should all work in the announcements.
i would recomment to upgrade to version 1.2.3 tho as that is the one that has been validated.
lefty74
squeek

Post by squeek »

yup they work when typed in but the bottons would have been nice to have there but never mind typing will do :) thanks for the reply and for the very good mod 8-)
robdec

Post by robdec »

Im looking forward to using this mod but Im having issues with the files I downloaded. It looks to me like the files are mixed up or Im missing some thing. The install file says to run this sql

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_announcement_centre` (
  `announcement_desc` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `announcement_value` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`announcement_desc`));

INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_text', '[size=18][color=red][b]Change your announcements via your admin panel.   :) [/b][/color][/size]'); 
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_status', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_access', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_guest_text', '[size=18][color=blue][b]Change your guest announcements via your admin panel.   :) [/b][/color][/size]'); 
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_guest_status', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_text_draft', '[size=18][color=red][b]Preview in the ACP   :) [/b][/color][/size]'); 
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_mod_version', 'v1.2.3');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_forum_id', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_topic_id', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_forum_topic_first_latest', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_title', 'Site Announcements');
INSERT INTO phpbb_announcement_centre (announcement_desc, announcement_value) VALUES('announcement_guest_title', 'Site Announcements');
but the first edit in common.php says

Code: Select all

//
//BEGIN ACP Site Announcement Centre by lefty74
$sql = "SELECT *
	FROM " . ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74_TABLE;
if( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
{
	message_die(CRITICAL_ERROR, "Could not query site announcement information", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}

while ( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
{
	$announcement_centre_config[stripslashes($row['announcement_desc'])] = stripslashes($row['announcement_value']);
}
//END ACP Site Announcement Centre by lefty74
Am I missing something. The sql edit adds a table called announcement_centre but the edits are looking for a table called ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”