ACP Site Announcement Centre

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lefty74

Re: ACP Site Announcement Centre

Post by lefty74 »

this is a validated mod so i am confident there is nothing missing, if you look further down the install file you will find the answer...
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
robdec

Post by robdec »

OK i finally figured it out. My ftp client screwed up uploading one of the files.
Last edited by robdec on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robdec

Post by robdec »

OK i finally figured it out. My ftp client screwed up uploading one of the files.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The mod is excellent, exactly what I needed to have a forum announcement and news section on top of all things.

I have one issue only. The more news you add, the more the box increases in size. Is it possible at all, to give standard fixed size on the announcement box, and have a scroll down bar placed? This way it would be standard size no matter how many news you'd have, and you'd still be able to place 10 announcements there, where users could scroll down.

As for extra themes. I would like to add this to some more themes I have on my forum, but I dont know how. Could you explain a bit, how to add it to other themes as well? :)

Thanks in advance.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

with the scroll bar someone did that and posted the changes on my board
http://www.lefty74.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2254#2254
it is not the latest version but you should get the idea what you need to change.

alternatively, you could get a bbcode mod that has the scrolling bar as well. that would work too.

for the other styles, just reapply the changes you did for subsilver to the other styles. The FIND data might not always be an exact match but it should be somewhat similar.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Andrea_Cy

Post by Andrea_Cy »

Thanks worked great and first time ;)
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

excellent, thanks :)
lefty74
soleed

Post by soleed »

hi
i just installed this mod
every think seems good but in my forum index i see the announcement box without the test that i added in the ACP just a empty box any help please
soleed

Post by soleed »

hi
i just installed this mod
every think seems good but in my forum index i see the announcement box without the test that i added in the ACP just a empty box any help please
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

please make sure that you have doublechecked your changes. It looks you may have forgotten one of the steps in the install instructions.
lefty74
Big Catch

Post by Big Catch »

Hi, this is a great mod, and have it installed and working all except one feature. I have had to omit the changes to the posting.php file as it is conflicting with my shoutbox mod. I am still able to use smilies that are in view but unable to access the additional smilies as i get the following expected error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\Inetpub\vhosts\bigcatch.com.au\httpdocs\forum\includes\functions_post.php on line 773

Not too worried if it can't be changed as it is working fine but just thought it may be a simple fix.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Hi, i dont know the shoutbox mod, if you like you can post your posting and functions_posting file here and I can have a look. cannot promise success tho ;)
lefty74
DarkatComputers

Post by DarkatComputers »

Fixed Problem, please delete !
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

:) those are the best problems ;)
lefty74
Todesengel

Post by Todesengel »

Great mod, I got it to work but I had some problems. Main problem was, your SQL says to create this table.

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_announcement_centre`
And then the mod is requesting this table

ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74_TABLE', 
All I had to do was change the name of the table in the codes. Is there anyway to add the annoucement to the overall_header?

Also my guests see the same message my reg users do, they are not seeing the announcement_guest_text when a guest is browsing. Any ideas on where I can start? I dug through the code as much as possible and I cannot figure out why it will not work. My SQL tables are updating with the information that I have put in the guest field. But it is not displaying it. Here is my code for the disply in index_body.tpl. (I am using the scrolling one I found on your site.)

<!-- BEGIN announcement_displayed --> 
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="1" class="forumline"> 
<tr> 
<th class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_ANNOUNCEMENT}&nbsp;</th> 
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="gen"><marquee align="middle" behavior="scroll" direction="left" height="30" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="8" loop="true" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">{SITE_ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74}</marquee></span></td> 
</tr> 
</table><br /> 
<!-- END announcement_displayed --> 
<!-- BEGIN guest_announcement_displayed --> 
<table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="forumline"> 
<tr> 
<th class="thCornerL" height="25" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_ANNOUNCEMENT}&nbsp;</th> 
</tr> 
<tr> 
<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="gen"><marquee align="middle" behavior="scroll" direction="left" height="30" scrolldelay="100" scrollamount="2" loop="true" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">{GUEST_ANNOUNCEMENTS_LEFTY74}</marquee></span></td> 
</tr> 
</table><br /> 
<!-- END guest_announcement_displayed -->

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”