Remove Frames in Admin Panel

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Remove Frames in Admin Panel
Author: rossmcclymont
Modification description: This mod will remove the frames from the Administration Panel and make the design cleaner. It also allows links to admin panel pages to be used on main forum pages.
Modification version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: remove-frames-in-admin-panel-1.0.0.zip
File size: 6197 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Cosmetic
    2. Admin Tools
  2. complexity
    1. Template Changes
    2. Language Changes
    3. File Edits
  3. time
    1. ~ 20 Minutes
  4. phpbb
    1. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
rossmcclymont

Re: Remove Frames in Admin Panel

Post by rossmcclymont »

Thanks, Paul. :D

This MOD removes frames from the admin panel, however there are a couple of things that you need to be aware of.

First of all, on a default phpBB board, the inclusion of frames in the Admin Panel means that the system only scans the admin directory for modules (for the navigation menu) every time you go into the Admin Panel because the pages you go to are loaded in the main frame and hence the navigation frame is not reloaded/refreshed. However, with this MOD, the system has to scan the admin directory for modules with every page you go to in the Admin Panel since the navigation menu is included on every page. I will be working on this issue and this will form the version 1.1 release.

Secondly, this MOD may cause other MODs that have Admin Panel pages to stop working. I think the most popular MOD that my MOD breaks is EasyMOD. There is a text file in the /contrib/ folder of my MOD that shows you how to fix this issue (very simple - only 2 small code changes). This issue is basically caused by admin files that have PHP functions in them, instead of being put in phpBB's functions_admin.php file. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way I can have a permanent fix for this in a future release, however if you use the EasyMOD Fix text file that comes with the MOD, you should be fine.

Apart from making the Admin Panel a bit cleaner, this MOD also allows you to have links to Admin Panel pages on main forum pages. For example, I have included an Add-On with the MOD package that allows you to have a link in a user's profile similar to the one in phpBB3 that links to the Admin page to edit that user. It also correctly handles redirects when you haven't yet re-authenticated yourself to access the Admin Panel (i.e. it should still go to the correct page instead of the Admin Panel index).

I think that's all I need to mention - if you have any questions, just post them here (I have subscribed to the topic) and I'll give you an answer ASAP. :D

UPDATE: Below is a list of fixes for other MODs (that I am aware of) that do not work when you install this MOD - if you use a MOD that doesn't work because of this MOD and which isn't listed below, please let me know in this topic. Thanks!

Admin Private Messages Manager MOD v.1.6.0 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/admin-privat ... od-fix.txt

eXtreme Styles MOD v.2.4.0 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/extreme-styles-mod-fix.txt

Full Album Pack MOD v.1.4.1 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/full-album-pack-mod-fix.txt
Last edited by rossmcclymont on Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brandsrus

Post by brandsrus »

I have installed this MOD but also eXtreme Styles MOD, but what is the fix to work this MOD together?
For more information, contact me with pm or e-mail
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

I'm working on a fix for the eXtreme Styles MOD now. The MOD still seems to work fine, however the way it's loaded (in frames) means that the normal admin navigation menu disappears.

I've found a way to fix this, but I will need to double-check it does what it's supposed to and not cause any unwanted errors.

I should have the fix ready by mid-next week. :)
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

I'm not forgetting about this eXtreme Styles MOD fix - I'm just a little busy at the moment.

It's not my number one priority right now since both the eXtreme Styles MOD and my MOD still work fine - however it's on my to-do list, and I should hopefully have a fix within the next couple of weeks. :)

Thanks for your patience!
CSL-Phoenix

Post by CSL-Phoenix »

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English.

The MOD functions without problem, but the album Full Pack will be displayed ACP admin_album_config_extended.php empty, there is perhaps a BugFix?
MfG Phoenix
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

The EasyMOD Fix in the contrib folder might work with this - just do the same code changes, but with the file that isn't working.

If that doesn't work, I'll have a look this week and see if I can find out what's wrong. :)
CSL-Phoenix

Post by CSL-Phoenix »

Edit: Did the fix, but unfortunately does nothing, because this fix has been incorporated so from me.
MfG Phoenix
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Try replacing this -

Code: Select all

$module['Photo_Album']['Configuration'] = $filename;
	}
	return;
}
//------------------------------------------------------------------------
with this -

$module['Photo_Album']['Configuration'] = $filename;
	}
	return;
} else {
And replace this -

include('./page_footer_admin.' . $phpEx);

?>
with this -

include('./page_footer_admin.' . $phpEx);

}

?>
Does that work?

(P.S. I think the eXtreme Styles MOD fix is just about - I just need to test it and put it in a text file in the proper MOD format. :))
CSL-Phoenix

Post by CSL-Phoenix »

Not realy work.

The error should be somewhere in the code block his

// load each admin_album_config_*.php file..its the config files for the
// new album ACP.
$dir = @opendir(".");
$config_tabs_index = 0;
while( $config_file = @readdir($dir) )
{
	if( preg_match('/^admin_album_config_.*?\.' . $phpEx . '$/', $config_file) && strcmp("admin_album_config_extended.$phpEx",$config_file) != 0)
	{
		// include the configuration file
		include($config_file);

// does the config file include a valid $album_config_tabs config ?
		if (false == is_valid_config_tab($album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]))
		{
			// remove the empty sub array completely, and get the next config file
			$album_config_tabs = remove_config_array($album_config_tabs, $config_tabs_index);
			continue;
		}

// add the name of the actual configuration file. used in error message
		// and could be usefull for other uses too
		$album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]['config_file_name'] = basename($config_file);

// build a list of valid tab selections, where the key in the
		// valid_selections is the actual selection key, value is just set to 0
		// NOTE : $album_config_tabs is included in each loaded config file!!!
		if ( array_key_exists('selection', $album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]) )
		{
			$valid_subtab_selections = array();

// now find all the valid sub tabs for this valid tab
			// (anyone knowing what I'm talking about?)
			for ($i = 0; $i < count($album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]['sub_config']); $i++ )
			{
				if ( array_key_exists('selection', $album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]['sub_config'][$i]) )
				{
					$valid_subtab_selections[ strval($album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]['sub_config'][$i]['selection']) ] = $i;
				}
			}

$valid_tab_selections[ strval($album_config_tabs[$config_tabs_index]['selection'])] = $valid_subtab_selections;
		}

$config_tabs_index++;
	}
}
@closedir($dir);
MfG Phoenix
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Hi,

I'll investigate this further when I have time by installing the Full Album Pack MOD and debugging the error. I'll probably get round to it during the week or next weekend (24th/25th). :)

Sorry for the time it's taking me - I'm now into my last 3 weeks of my first university term/semester in 3rd year, so it's a pretty busy time for me! However I finish on the 5th of December, so if I've not managed to get these fixes done by then, I definitely will not long after that.
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

Hi all,

First of all, I sincerely apologise for the rather long delay in getting to work on these fixes, but hopefully they should work OK and help you all out.

There are fixes for 3 MODs - 2 mentioned in this topic, and another pointed out to me via email

If you are using any of the 3 MODs below, please use these fixes to make them work again - if any of the fixes don't work, just let me know in this thread and I'll try my best to find another way to fix the problem (although I'll try and do it a bit quicker!).

Admin Private Messages Manager MOD v1.6.0 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/admin-privat ... od-fix.txt

eXtreme Styles MOD v2.4.0 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/extreme-styles-mod-fix.txt

Full Album Pack MOD v1.4.1 - http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/full-album-pack-mod-fix.txt

As I said above, if there are any problems with these fixes, please let me know - also, if there are any other MODs that my MOD clashes with, let me know so I can work on more fixes. :)

Cheers,
Ross
E-nix

Post by E-nix »

Hi, I have a problem with the MOD "Junior Admin" and "Remove Frame in the admin panel" Can You help me ? Thanks in advance.
rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont »

I'm not in university on Monday or Tuesday (4-day weekend!) so I'll try and have a look and get a solution by the end of Tuesday. :)

Can you tell me which version of Junior Admin you're using?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”