Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Zarifar

Post by Zarifar » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:26 pm

Hi all,

I've recently just installed mod attach onto my phpBB 2.0.8 without any noticeable errors. I was able to get the admin panel working fine and everything works great, but when I try posting something, I just couldn't find the attach an attachment box or button anywhere in posting.php, even though I even used the pre-edited files.

The templates are fine too..
Any thing I might have gone wrong?

guoshi

Post by guoshi » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:27 pm

when i try attaching a file in a post, it showed -

Couldn't store Attachment.
Your post has been stored.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'width' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_attachments_desc (physical_filename, real_filename, comment, extension, mimetype, filesize, filetime, thumbnail, width, height) VALUES ( 'books.doc', 'books.doc', '', 'doc', 'application/msword', 24064, 1091852247, 0, 0, 0)

Line : 775
File : /home/guoshi/public_html/forum/attach_mod/posting_attachments.php

i checked the "files" directory and found that the attachment was indeed stored. so what happened.

so what happened and what should i do?

LeeH

Post by LeeH » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:17 am

Hi,
I was thinking about installing this Mod, but I'm not quite sure if it is what I'm looking for. I've read through these posts until my eyes have crossed, and the search doesn't seem to work for me with the keywords I'm using.

What I am after is a Mod that will allow my users to upload a image as an attachment that will show up within their post.

It seems that this mod will do that and more. Maybe a bit too much. At least for my users.

Can all the features be hobbled except for picture attachments? I hope someone will answer me, as I would hate to spend the time getting the Mod functional to find it won't be what I was after.

The feature I need is available in vBulletin.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

elagraff.com

Post by elagraff.com » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:43 am

i need some help on this to install this mod thing can anyone help me on that email me pradolok@hotmail.com

regards elagraff.com

Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:59 am

LeeH wrote: Hi,
I was thinking about installing this Mod, but I'm not quite sure if it is what I'm looking for. I've read through these posts until my eyes have crossed, and the search doesn't seem to work for me with the keywords I'm using.

What I am after is a Mod that will allow my users to upload a image as an attachment that will show up within their post.

It seems that this mod will do that and more. Maybe a bit too much. At least for my users.

Can all the features be hobbled except for picture attachments? I hope someone will answer me, as I would hate to spend the time getting the Mod functional to find it won't be what I was after.

The feature I need is available in vBulletin.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

This mod will work just fine for you :-)

aimeerahn

Post by aimeerahn » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:31 pm

so... no one can help me? or did I somehow miss the response? :(

Aimee
aimeerahn wrote: Hi guys, I'm a bit new with PHP, so I'm sure I must have done something wrong...

my forum is brand new and has no previous mods. (only one theme change)

here is my test post:
http://denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26#26

I did the installation and uploaded all the files in the right folders ( I think..!).
but when I try to attach an image, only the text of the message shows up, not the attached file. I changed the ftp folder "files" so that people could upload to it (I think I did anyway).

it might be of note that I did get the standard attachment of profile icons to work... (so I guess that means that it is possible to upload items to my server via PHP) I just can't seem to get the attachment MOD to work properly.

When I go under new "attachements" section under the administrative panel... there are no text "questions" or text settings on the left part, there are only blanks with no lables.... so I have no idea how to configure anything. I'm guessing that one of my files must be wrong for the attachments configuration panel to be all weird...?

attachments also do not work in private MSGs.

if it helps at all, I'm using phpBB 2.0.8 and Safari 1.0.2. and mac OSX

should I just start over (leaving the files I already put up there...?) and just reupload everything and reedit everything....??? OR???

thanks for any help you can give me.

ta1djinn

quota limt

Post by ta1djinn » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:50 pm

Hi
Before I installed the PCP (Profile control panel) the quota limit for the users used to show up on there profile.
Does anyone know how to add the quota limit display bar thing on to Acyd burns PCP ???
Thanks

B4NE

Post by B4NE » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:40 pm

ummm... I have the attatchment mod installed and it worked fine with phpbb 2.0.6 but I just upgraded my forums to 2.0.8 without thinking that the attatchment mod might not work and ummm.... yeah.... it doesn't work. is there anything I can alter to make the mod work with 2.0.8? any help would be much appreciated. thank you.

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Problem with thumbnail feature

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:13 am

iraszl wrote: The attachment mod works great when the image are displayed inline, but when I switch on Create thumbnail feature in the Special categories this is the error I get when I tried to attach a file:

Code: Select all

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '\\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\files/thumbs/t_gecko.jpg' for writing in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\attach_mod\includes\functions_thumbs.php on line 203

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '\\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\files/thumbs/t_gecko.jpg' for writing in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\attach_mod\includes\functions_thumbs.php on line 203

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\attach_mod\includes\functions_thumbs.php:203) in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\includes\page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\attach_mod\includes\functions_thumbs.php:203) in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\includes\page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\attach_mod\includes\functions_thumbs.php:203) in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium4\iraszl\webroot\cbforum\includes\page_header.php on line 478
What am I doing wrong?

chmod in 777 the folder files/thumbs/
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Tanis76

Post by Tanis76 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:45 am

Zarifar wrote: Hi all,

I've recently just installed mod attach onto my phpBB 2.0.8 without any noticeable errors. I was able to get the admin panel working fine and everything works great, but when I try posting something, I just couldn't find the attach an attachment box or button anywhere in posting.php, even though I even used the pre-edited files.

The templates are fine too..
Any thing I might have gone wrong?

We have the same problem too. When we attach a document. We do not get a download link in the message.

Anyone any idea how we can solve this problem?

THX

Alex

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:22 pm

Have you uploaded all the template files of the MOD in all your template folder ?

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

sleets35

Quick question about Attachment mod creating tables

Post by sleets35 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:32 pm

Does the mod_table_int.php file actually create another table? I could not find a CREATE command in the code.

owen1832

Post by owen1832 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:52 pm

This ai great mod and with some modification I actually got it to work within five hours on 2.0.8.

My question is this: Is there anyway to remove the hideous table form teh attached photos? I simply wat the picture to show up in teh forum. I don't need any of the other stuff associated with attachments.

Thanks.

BTW I searched...

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Re: Quick question about Attachment mod creating tables

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:27 pm

sleets35 wrote: Does the mod_table_int.php file actually create another table? I could not find a CREATE command in the code.

all the SQL comand are in the files located in the schemas/ folder

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:28 pm

owen1832 wrote: This ai great mod and with some modification I actually got it to work within five hours on 2.0.8.

My question is this: Is there anyway to remove the hideous table form teh attached photos? I simply wat the picture to show up in teh forum. I don't need any of the other stuff associated with attachments.

Thanks.

BTW I searched...

You need to edit the file viewtopc_attach_body.tpl

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”