Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

Bard

Post by Bard » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:10 am

Froze,

If you now reinstall the extreme styles mod does everything work? I am assuming that extreme styles was serving up a cached version of your page.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

BurntBequest

Uhhh

Post by BurntBequest » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:27 am

Exactly how are we suppost to install this through easy mod... i've tryed placing alot of the files in the admin/mod/attack folder, but it doesn't see any of them.... so can't install im totally lost... grrr

KodamaM

Re: Uhhh

Post by KodamaM » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:06 am

BurntBequest wrote: Exactly how are we suppost to install this through easy mod... i've tryed placing alot of the files in the admin/mod/attack folder, but it doesn't see any of them.... so can't install im totally lost... grrr

If easy mod doesn't work do it manually... I'm not a big fan of easy mod personally, therefore I never use it. I added this MOD every style (9 total) on my forums manually and I have no problem..

http://www.thefestlanders.com/phpBB2

KodamaM

Re: Need Help

Post by KodamaM » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:11 am

Froze wrote: Ok I need some help. I installed the mod and followed the directions exactly. I used the premoded files and copied them over. The control panel is there and i set everything up and ran test and it said that everything iss fine. I also checked the permissions for each forum and set them to REG for files. Problem is that the attachment window DOES NOT appear when you try to make a topic or reply. The window for posting a topic looks the same it always did with Subject, text and poll but no option to post file even when logged in as admin. Ive looked through the user manual but cant find anything. Any suggestions???

EDIT:
FIXED IT!!!
The extreme styles mod that I had previously installed was messing with it. Uninstalled and now its working.

From the install.txt file included with the MOD wrote: A forword:
If you use a plain phpBB2 Board (not modded) and do not want to edit your phpBB2 files, you are able to use pre-edited files, located at the contrib directory. Even if you use the pre-edited files, you have to follow all Steps (not the file-editing of course) listed here.

You didn't follow the directions exactly because you can only use the premodded files on a clean install of phpbb. But if you reinstall the extreme styles mod now, it should work...

Jeffro_DLP

Post by Jeffro_DLP » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:58 pm

Awesome mod!

I have one question:

Where can I change the size of the thumbnail that's generated for inline view? Right now it's 400x300, and I need to change this to a smaller image size.

Thanks.

Jeffro_DLP

Post by Jeffro_DLP » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:04 pm

Nevermind, I figured it out. :)

Bard

Post by Bard » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:06 pm

KodamaM

Is it very hard to modify the different style's .tpls? Since the mod is geared for subsilver?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

Jeffro_DLP

Post by Jeffro_DLP » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:13 pm

I have my own custom style and it was exactly like editing subsilver tpl files.

hoss69

Firewall problem : HTTP Method : 'Delete Attachment' - FIXED

Post by hoss69 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:12 pm

I've had a problem with my firewall banning users when they try to delete an attachment they are posting.

For a more detailed explanantion and the workaround that I found, see this thread

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 81#1262481

Hope this helps someone somewhere.

Hoss.

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:26 pm

Bard wrote: KodamaM

Is it very hard to modify the different style's .tpls? Since the mod is geared for subsilver?

No, just follow th einstructions written in install.txt
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

subaru343

Post by subaru343 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:23 am

Is there anyway to get this mod to work with the F1black 3dblue theme cause i have been having trouble with getting it to work with that theme.

Rakshasas

Post by Rakshasas » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:36 am

Hi, I just finished installing the attachment mod, but encountered a strange problem with 2.0.10 and the latest Attachmod.

I can attach picture files just fine, but when I try an rar or any other file and push add attachment, I get an error page. A "The page cannot be displayed" error to be exact.

The only other mod I have installed is EasyMod but I did NOT use it to install the mod. I did it manually and checked everything several times... however here is the strange part. Actually before I finished posting this I tried making EasyMod do it, after reinstalling phpBB2 to make it vanilla again. Same exact problem.

I decided to use the pre-edited files from the \attach_mod\contrib\phpbb_attach\templates\subSilver and then it started working perfectly. I guess, I should use pre-edited, then install easy mod?

I don't understand :( Anyone else experience this?

EDIT:

Actually I tried that again and it appears .zip files work also. Just not .rars so far. Also I tried using the pre-edited files yet again, but no dice. This time it's not working at all.

rubenhav

CHMOD TO 777

Post by rubenhav » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:47 am

Hello i just installed the attachment mod to mij phpbb but when i test it i get this error

Directory 'files' is not writeable. You'll have to create the upload path and chmod it to 777 (or change the owner to you httpd-servers owner) to upload files.
If you have only plain ftp-access change the 'Attribute' of the directory to rwxrwxrwx.

I just don't know how chmod a path to 777 or whatever so can somebody please explain to a :) NOOB

TheMoog

Post by TheMoog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:16 am

Hi - great mod.

It all works fine except when a PDF file is posted. You can right-click and save but if you click nomally on it, it doesn't show in the resulting window.
There is a small (10x20px'ish) box in the top left of the screen with a tiny, red square, green circle and blue triangle in it.

Any ideas why?

>>>>>UPDATE>>>>>>

I just changed the download control to open 'Documents' as 'Physical' and it worked!

rubenhav

No attachement options

Post by rubenhav » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:49 am

I just installed the attachment mod, and it all looks fine but when i try to post a message with an image i don't see the atachment options. Where is it?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”