Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

sun shower art

Post by sun shower art » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:01 pm

Hi,
Sorry about that I was using my back button and did not know the post was going up and I think in the wrong spot. Anyway got any ideas? :oops:
Gerald Scott
Sun Shower Art
Knoxville, TN

subaru343

Post by subaru343 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:58 pm

morpheus2matrix wrote:
subaru343 wrote:Is there anyway to get this mod to work with the F1black 3dblue theme cause i have been having trouble with getting it to work with that theme.

Yes, simply modified the template files instead of subSilver's files
ok i tried that but it still wouldn't work, i would get this weird error and the only way to get it to work was by switching back to subsilver.

alasxdair

Post by alasxdair » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm

Well, unlike scanar, I am not able to upload larger files. My server allows me to, but for some reason I can only get smaller files like jpeg's and the like. I'm trying to upload a 2.8mb .zip file. I've run the test settings, and everything worked. I've CHMOD the folder, and still nothing. I've increased all of the upload quota's to 20 mbs just to try to get this to go, and I'm not having any luck. It will post the message, but the attachment size associated with the post shows 0. When I upload a smaller file picture file or something, there's no problem.

Also, is there a way to allow different files to be attached, other than the defaults?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

mosport

Post by mosport » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:57 pm

I recently lost my host. Found a new host that seems suitable.
Installed phpbb...no problems
Installed attach mod the same way I did originally
uploaded the contents of root & then the contrib folder to my root directory
then installed mod.

BUT the attach mod doesnt seem to be working on my new server, just the std forum. When i look at the admin section half of it seems to be missing.

Are there any server options that i should know about ?
suggestions ?

thanks Jeff

KodamaM

Post by KodamaM » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:42 pm

subaru343 wrote:
morpheus2matrix wrote:
subaru343 wrote:Is there anyway to get this mod to work with the F1black 3dblue theme cause i have been having trouble with getting it to work with that theme.

Yes, simply modified the template files instead of subSilver's files
ok i tried that but it still wouldn't work, i would get this weird error and the only way to get it to work was by switching back to subsilver.

You have to upload the mod included files in the folder templates/subsilver/* to all styles you wish to use this mod for.

Rakshasas

Post by Rakshasas » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:03 am

Ok new information on my problem, I discovered that it does in fact happen to all file types, the cause is the file size. Anything above 600-700kbs returns the The page cannot be displayed error.

I looked into php.ini but not sure what to do.

3dwaxmill

Not visable

Post by 3dwaxmill » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:30 am

First time I have posted here.
I have phpBB 2.06 installed on my site. I love the board.
I just added the attachment Mod. Great addition.

I am have only one problem. My board is private, my members can add attachments and view them fine. I wanted to make one forum viewable by all but the attachments do not show up.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

3dwaxmill

Not visable

Post by 3dwaxmill » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:32 am

First time I have posted here.
I have phpBB 2.06 installed on my site. I love the board.
I just added the attachment Mod. Great addition.

I am have only one problem. My board is private, my members can add attachments and view them fine. I wanted to make one forum viewable by all but the attachments do not show up.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

:? Sorry for the double post

Abaweet69

Post by Abaweet69 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:04 am

I'm not able to upload an attatchment that's 2.7 mb. and my filesize limit is 10 mb.

I uploaded a 900 kb file succesfully.

btw they're wmv files

Bard

Download Name

Post by Bard » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:08 am

When I click the download link on an attachment, for example an mp3, the mp3 will open in a new browser window. In my case, using quicktime. If I right click and choose save link to disk, it then downloads normally except the file name is changed to something like download.php.mp3.

I have mp3 extensions set to download physically. How do I get a normal download with the correct name on the file?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:25 am

Abaweet69 wrote: I'm not able to upload an attatchment that's 2.7 mb. and my filesize limit is 10 mb.

I uploaded a 900 kb file succesfully.

btw they're wmv files

you need to increase some values in the files php.ini of yor host : try to make a search
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:

Rakshasas

Post by Rakshasas » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:02 pm

that's exactly what I did, but still no effect.

scanar

Re: upload file limit not working

Post by scanar » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:27 pm

scanar wrote: Attachment mod seems to be working fine, except that I cannot limit the file upload size. I have changed it to 400k etc....

Well, I changed it to 410 and it now works like expected - very odd, but I am happy

alasxdair

Post by alasxdair » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:40 pm

Well, I figured out how to change the default files. The issue I'm still having is when I upload a 2.8 mb .zip file. It posts it like it's attached, but there's no file. It says 0 for the filesize. I've checked over the user guide, and everything is set up correctly. My host allows those file sizes, because I upload without the forums. I've changed my quota to 20MB and still no luck. I checked the files on my server after uploading it, and the file size even shows 0 there as well. After posting the file, I've tried to go and download it and I get this error:
The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

404 File Not Found: The File pfl.zip does not exist.

That's right after I upload it.

Any thoughts on why this isn't uploading? I'm placing it in the /files directory and it's CHMOD'ed to 777. Is there another directory that I need to fix?

alasxdair

Post by alasxdair » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:54 pm

Okay, I can't even download those files that are uploaded correctly. I'm sure it has something to do with my Upload Directory. It's not in Phpbb2/Files. It's a module for PN.

It's under public_html/modules/PNphpBB2/files

When I upload a file, it always goes to the /files folder. However, when I try downloading the file, I don't think it's reading from that folder.

This still doesn't explain why my 2.8mb .zip file isn't uploading at all though.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”