Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

jeremyotten

Post by jeremyotten »

da_badtz_one wrote:
agreenbhm wrote:when i try to upload the files, it doesn't take forever, then time out, it automatically goes to posting.php, and says "page not found", or one of those errors. how do i correct this, (dealing with my problem from my above post)

-AGreen BHM

I told you... You can't deal wtih this.

This is a timeout problem due to the browser not the phpBB engine.
gorillak

please help... :(

Post by gorillak »

i uploaded easy_mod... cuz im lazy :( and now... after trying install the attach_mod i get this...

Code: Select all

General Error
Could not query attachment information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'qbclass_phpbb1.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config

Line : 80
File : /home/qbclass/public_html/qbbb/attach_mod/attachment_mod.php
Please please help me :( you can see this at
http://www.qbclass.com/qbbb/

thanks guys!!
MLP Chief

Post by MLP Chief »

You forgot to run the mod_table_inst.php file. I ran it, all you need to do is delete the install folder.
gorillak

MLP Chief is my HERO!!!

Post by gorillak »

thank you ... spent two days tweakin this forum and i thought i was screwwwwed. Thanks man... let me know if you need... haha.. quickbooks help :)

PCE
kurt
gorillak

Sorry.. one more thing...

Post by gorillak »

I deleted the required folders/files and now when i go aywhere in the board, i get
Information

Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted

Any suggestions?

Thanks Again
MLP Chief

Post by MLP Chief »

That only shows up if one or both of those folders exist. Make SURE they are removed.
gorillak

I had it in there a c

Post by gorillak »

I had it in there a couple of times... i deleted it out of the mod folder but it was in the root as well.. thanks for all your help. I love this board its great!

Kurt
downdruss

Post by downdruss »

MLP Chief wrote: Did you copy BOTH subSilver folders into your theme? You might try changing the theme to subSilver and taking another look. Other than that, I would just double check the copying.

I did move everything from the subsilver directory and its sub directory into both my theme and subsilver theme as a test, with the same error msg result:

http://home.bluemarble.net/~tat/attachm ... gement.jpg
&
http://home.bluemarble.net/~tat/attachm ... lpanel.jpg

I have gone through and uploaded all files over again, even the contrib, ran the install again, w/ no luck.

What does the structure for contrib supposed to look like on the server(it is not in the install text)? On the server i have:

/phpBB2/attach_mod
at this location there is:

attachment_mod.php
displaying.php
index.htm
pm_attachments.php
posting attachments.php
-----------------------------

/phhBB2/attach_mod/includes
at this location there is:

constants.php
functions_admin.php
functions_attach.php
functions_delete.php
functions_filetypes.php
functions_includes.php
functions_selects.php
functions_thumbs.php
index.htm

First of all, is my structure correct above on the server?

...anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
atom
Bramster

Post by Bramster »

You guys think it is save to upgrade from phpbb 2.0.8 to phpbb 2.0.11

I would hate to lose the attachemnets :-(
Navy & Merchant Marine Forum:
www.DutchFleet.net
goudiemark

Post by goudiemark »

I just finished installing the mod and i have a couple questions.

1. No one but me can see the attachments, i made a new account and they cant attach anything? What do i need to change?

2. When adjusting the file sizes of how much people can upload what file do i need to edit to make these bigger beacuse editing the file sizes in the control panel doesnt do anything, i click save/submit and it goes back to normal what would cause this?
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

goudiemark wrote: I just finished installing the mod and i have a couple questions.

1. No one but me can see the attachments, i made a new account and they cant attach anything? What do i need to change?

Change the permissions of the forums, in advanced mode
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
bcs10

Post by bcs10 »

i am having a problem with this mod in internet explorer....but not in firefox...

to put it as simple as possible... when i am looking at a post in IE that has an attachment and i click download... it brings me to a blank white page with a little box in the top left... but in firefox it downloads the file...

how do i fix this
/DD
[D]J

Post by [D]J »

Hi, I'm having a problem since many months now and I never was able to fix it. I run a pretty big site with over 15000 registered users and some users of my site CAN'T attach anymore files to their private messages because they get the message "you reached your quota limit, try to delete some message in "Sent messages""......

Well, first of all I don't use ANY quota limit on my site so this is really weird. Anyways I asked them to give me their account information so I could check things out and after logging in I've noticed that they haven't reached any quota at all, their "Sent messages" folder is completely EMPTY and there's no reason why they get that message (above all because as I said before I've disabled quota limit in my site from the ACP).

Any help to fix this problem/bug? Thank you in advance!
Last edited by [D]J on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[D]J
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

I tried to look for the answer in the thread already but after 30 pages I gave up.

I would like to make an adjustment to the attachment mod where when it see's a text file it put's it into the post with the code tags around it. I played around with the dispaly.php and i got it to dump the text of the file into the template, but I dont think the template goes through the bbcode.php.

Is it possible to do this?
Wild_Duck

Re: FTP Upolad versus Normal Upload

Post by Wild_Duck »

Wild_Duck wrote: Could someone convince me that I should use FTP Upload rather than Normal Upload? (I can do both on my server)

Is this mainly a question of security (no chmod required in FTP)?
By the way what are the risks with Normal Upload?
But the FTP Upload method requires a password (stored in the config)... Could a good hacker get it?

What about performances? Speed is better in Normal Upload? Etc.

Thanks a lot!

No response?? :-(

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”