Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

ptrci

Post by ptrci »

ptrci wrote: I Got thi error.

when select Attachments -> Control Panel ( at admin ) .

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /var/www/html/xzhd-90-67d/fenix_intersegur/org/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62

How can i fix.

I am using phpbb : Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group

I am using portuguse lang.

I already fix the error.
Lairnaedon

Post by Lairnaedon »

Greetings,

I seem to have some kind of error with this mod.

I installed it exactly like the install.txt said I should. When I installed the mod with the php file it showed all actions COMPLETED, and so I deleted the install folder..

Now it turns out that some of the codes don't work when I go to the Administration panel, and the mod isn't working yet, there's no box or anything to browse for a file.

When I go to Attachments -> Control Panel, I get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62
Management gets me a textless page... All the dropdown menus and textfields are there, but there's no text anywhere
Quota limits is also missing some text, in the dropdowns...

Extensions ->
ext. control looks okay, but the left column is all empty textfields... is that ok?
ext. group manage gets me this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 539
forbidden extensions is ok
special categories gets me this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_imagick() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 874

Also, I have one question. Does this mod only work on the subSilver template? Because I want to use the DustyGreen template as default, and also have subBlack in the list of available templates.

Can you help me?

PS: I use phpbb 2.0.10, which should be a working version
TehMagilla

Post by TehMagilla »

At the risk of redundancy, can anyone help me please?

The settings in Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories won't stick. The search finds imagemagick, it tests ok, so I set up all the settings in the page an click "Submit". But the images aren't being thumbnailed. And when I go back to Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories, the fields are blank / back to defaults. There is no error on pressing "Submit". It says that the changes were made successfully.

Please can someone help?
'====
//`
-Magilla
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

TehMagilla wrote: At the risk of redundancy, can anyone help me please?

The settings in Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories won't stick. The search finds imagemagick, it tests ok, so I set up all the settings in the page an click "Submit". But the images aren't being thumbnailed. And when I go back to Administration Panel -> Extensions -> Special Catagories, the fields are blank / back to defaults. There is no error on pressing "Submit". It says that the changes were made successfully.

Please can someone help?

Which version of the MOD are you using ? Have you tried the last one (2.3.11) ?
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
hefeng

How can i turn off the DEBUG MOD?

Post by hefeng »

it is useful when i try to debug when i try to find it. when comes to distributed in public, it seems a potential unsafe reason to know exactly where it comes wrong in the server .

so how can i turn off this mode?
coolhandmatt

Posting Messed up.

Post by coolhandmatt »

I have a forum with the attach mod installed.

No one who has recently signed up can post images.

I can, and Im the moderator, plus I was signed up before the attach mod was installed, but I don't see why it would matter.

I hope it's just some permissions im missing.

If not please tell what I should do - other than reinstall.

I hope I made my question easy to understand, if no PM me or IM me killabeez1969 on AIM
str4hler

Don't display Description: Filesize: Viewed:

Post by str4hler »

No problems here: everything works fine and I'm very happy with the MOD, thanks to the developers! One question:

I would like to display images without the rows with Description: Filesize: Viewed:
Is there any way to 'turn that off' ?
I'm not a programmer, but with instructions no problem to MOD the MOD ;-)

I searched through the forums here and read the user_guide.html but did not find someone else asking the question or I used the wrong search parameters...
my setup is LAMP latest versions+patches up to today + latest versions of phpBB&att.mod.

Thanks in advance for all answers/pointers!
ptrci

Post by ptrci »

Read the doc, at /doc/install.txt
Lairnaedon wrote: Greetings,

I seem to have some kind of error with this mod.

I installed it exactly like the install.txt said I should. When I installed the mod with the php file it showed all actions COMPLETED, and so I deleted the install folder..

Now it turns out that some of the codes don't work when I go to the Administration panel, and the mod isn't working yet, there's no box or anything to browse for a file.

When I go to Attachments -> Control Panel, I get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62
Management gets me a textless page... All the dropdown menus and textfields are there, but there's no text anywhere
Quota limits is also missing some text, in the dropdowns...

Extensions ->
ext. control looks okay, but the left column is all empty textfields... is that ok?
ext. group manage gets me this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_extensions.php on line 539
forbidden extensions is ok
special categories gets me this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_imagick() in /var/www/html/zero10/scar/Massive_Art/forum/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 874

Also, I have one question. Does this mod only work on the subSilver template? Because I want to use the DustyGreen template as default, and also have subBlack in the list of available templates.

Can you help me?

PS: I use phpbb 2.0.10, which should be a working version
_RAAF_Furball

MOD Install not creating SQL Table

Post by _RAAF_Furball »

Vanilla phpBB-2.0.11
attach_mod_2.3.9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q1
How many SQL Tables should there be after running mod_table_inst.php?I have 29 Tables before and after running the install.php and the Forum is not accessible.

mod_table_inst.php doesn't appear to be creating the Table in the SQL database?

After running http://www.mydomainname.com/msgbrd/inst ... e_inst.php

I received the familiar error message.

Could not query attachment information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1146 Table 'dbname.phpbb_attachments_config' doesn't exist
SELECT * FROM phpbb_attachments_config
Line : 80
File : /home/u3/dbname/mydomainname.com/html/msgbrd/attach_mod/attachment_mod.php

I do not receive any: "all actions COMPLETED" message
Please don't tell me to run the install php. I think it's a problem with creating the SQL Table?

Q2
I previously had V2.0.6 installed with attach_mod_2.3.9 working perfectly. I've moved to a new webspace host and trying to get the Forum and attach_mod working before restoring data. Is this the correct sequence?

Hoping someone can help - I won't tell you how many attempts I've made nor how many hours I've spent trying to get this fart to work for me. :oops:

Fur
Last edited by _RAAF_Furball on Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amirsan

Post by Amirsan »

hey, I have a question.

If I put this mod on my phpbb forum, 2.0.x, will I be able to upgrade to 3.0 with it?

Also is there a hack that I can convert a ipb 2.0 board with files into a phpbb board using this hack and still have my files?
Lairnaedon

Post by Lairnaedon »

I did, ... I installed it like I should... I'm not a complete moron. I just don't see why something's wrong with it.
TehMagilla

Post by TehMagilla »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
TehMagilla wrote:At the risk of redundancy, can anyone help me please?

Please can someone help?

Which version of the MOD are you using ? Have you tried the last one (2.3.11) ?

Yes, I am using 2.3.11.
'====
//`
-Magilla
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Amirsan wrote: hey, I have a question.

If I put this mod on my phpbb forum, 2.0.x, will I be able to upgrade to 3.0 with it?

Also is there a hack that I can convert a ipb 2.0 board with files into a phpbb board using this hack and still have my files?

Upgrade will be simple for no modded board.

For others, it will be.... a little much complex :)
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
pogester

Post by pogester »

Hi

I have installed this mode following the install instructions and it all seems to have uploaded fine, however when I click on New Message I get an error saying:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

As far as I can tell this is something to do with posting.php as when I replace that with my backup it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

** Have now figured, simple mistake of uploading the template files into subSilver and not my subBlack folder. Works fine. Great MOD. Thanks **
Darren
Wounded Paw

Subdirectories of 'files' directory ??

Post by Wounded Paw »

I would like my uploaded files to go into different subdirectories of the 'files' directory based on the topic name. Is this possible? I know it will take some modifications, any ideas?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”