Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

ranker

subPortal theme...

Post by ranker » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:15 pm

pardon the simplicity of this question, but will this mod function on the subPortal (downloaded from this site) theme?

wordeebird

Post by wordeebird » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:03 pm

@mentalmaze
I looked at the cache folder from my FTP program and it is blank? Sorry for such a dumb question but is that what you were talking about?

jayray999

Help: Thumbnails size cannot be specified

Post by jayray999 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:28 pm

This is the best MOD I have used but:

1. I cannot figure out how to control Thumbnail size. I have managed to use the thumbnail feature and imagemagick etc. but it puts out a fairly large thumbnail.

2. It decides whether to create a thumbnail based on a filesize you specify (default= 12000 bytes) but shouldn't it decide based on image dimension. I mean wouldn't it make sense that it checks that an image has umnanageable dimensions and make a thumbnail rather than its size. A very compressed JPEG can be below 12000 bytes and yet be 800x800 pixels so if not thumbnailed it screws up the post.

Here is an example. Supposing I wish to upload the favicon of my website for my users to recognize. I have banned the .ICO extension so I upload a .JPG or .GIF. Now for some reason this produces a file that is 10000 bytes. Suppose 5000 bytes is my threshold for thumbnail generation i.e. uploaded files larger than 5000 bytes will be thumbnailed. Then my uploaded favicon gets thumnailed. The thumbnail turns out to huge and distorted (since it is magnified some 600%). Clicking on it yields the actual file that is 16x16 pixels. Now if the MOD had resized based on pixel size and not filesize the favicon.GIF would not be thumbnailed in the first place because the software realizes that despite being larger than 5000 bytes it is merely 16x16 pixels.

For some reason everyoone is ignoring this post so I am led to believe:

1. I am asking something stupid, or;
2. I am asking something that has long been resolved, or;
3. People have no answer and thus are speechless.

I don't know what scenario is accurate but please help.

Any suggestions?

Note: I am using the latest phpBB and latest ATTACH mod.

mitchklink

upgrading from previous version

Post by mitchklink » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:28 pm

Please help me! I've asked this question on www.opentools.de and have gotten no reply. I've searched that forum, and this one as well, and I've found lots of people with the same question, but can't seem to find an answer!

I installed version 2.3.10 of this mod back when I was running PHPBB version 2.0.10. I keep upgrading my PHPBB when new versions come out, but the older version of this mod no longer functions properly.

I have too many other mods installed to even consider using the pre-modded files or starting over from scratch, and I don't have any way to use patch files.

Is there a step-by-step set of instructions for upgrading this mod from version 2.3.10 to the latest version? I don't care how complex it is or how many days it takes me to make the mods!!! Please! I've got to get this mod working again without starting from scratch!

If there is an answer to this dilemma floating around out there somewhere, PLEASE point me in the right direction. PLEASE!

DDDaddy

Attachment Mod & MS Access

Post by DDDaddy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:45 pm

I'm still fairly new to the community and Php, but I've got my board up and running and I've very pleased with it.

My question is: I want to add the attachment mod so my users can upload files with their posts, but I'm running MS Access as the database.

Will it work with Access? Is there a file that someone else has come up with that I'm going to need.

Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Mark

jayray999

Re: upgrading from previous version

Post by jayray999 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:09 pm

mitchklink wrote: Is there a step-by-step set of instructions for upgrading this mod from version 2.3.10 to the latest version? I don't care how complex it is or how many days it takes me to make the mods!!! Please! I've got to get this mod working again without starting from scratch!

I am convinced that is a simple matter of doing the following.

1. Backup your SQL database.
2. Backup your entire forum root including all subdirectories.
3. Download the 2.3.12 ATTACH MOD zip archive.
4. Extract it to a local folder.
5. Using FTP navigate to the local folder.
6. Upload the contents of the root subfolder of the ATTACH MOD 2.3.12 into your phpBB root in ASCII mode. Overwrite the old files. This only overwrites old ATTACH MOD files so it cannot affect your other mods.
7. Execute the following line from a browser:
http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/attach_ ... latest.php
8. This modifies the mySQL table.
9. And you are DONE. Try the mod.
10. Since you backed up you can restore both the files in your /forum directory as well as your mySQL tables.

The key is to realize that you only overwriting files came as part of your 2.3.10. No other phpBB files are modified so there is no question of conflict with other mods. This is not the case if your existing ATTACH MOD were 2.3.04 or older. Then you have to modify both ATTACH MOD files and regular phpBB files.

jayray999

Re: Help: Thumbnails size cannot be specified

Post by jayray999 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:30 am

jayray999 wrote: This is the best MOD I have used but:

1. I cannot figure out how to control Thumbnail size. I have managed to use the thumbnail feature and imagemagick etc. but it puts out a fairly large thumbnail.

2. It decides whether to create a thumbnail based on a filesize you specify (default= 12000 bytes) but shouldn't it decide based on image dimension. I mean wouldn't it make sense that it checks that an image has umnanageable dimensions and make a thumbnail rather than its size. A very compressed JPEG can be below 12000 bytes and yet be 800x800 pixels so if not thumbnailed it screws up the post.

Here is an example. Supposing I wish to upload the favicon of my website for my users to recognize. I have banned the .ICO extension so I upload a .JPG or .GIF. Now for some reason this produces a file that is 10000 bytes. Suppose 5000 bytes is my threshold for thumbnail generation i.e. uploaded files larger than 5000 bytes will be thumbnailed. Then my uploaded favicon gets thumnailed. The thumbnail turns out to huge and distorted (since it is magnified some 600%). Clicking on it yields the actual file that is 16x16 pixels. Now if the MOD had resized based on pixel size and not filesize the favicon.GIF would not be thumbnailed in the first place because the software realizes that despite being larger than 5000 bytes it is merely 16x16 pixels.

For some reason everyoone is ignoring this post so I am led to believe:

1. I am asking something stupid, or;
2. I am asking something that has long been resolved, or;
3. People have no answer and thus are speechless.

I don't know what scenario is accurate but please help.

Any suggestions?

Note: I am using the latest phpBB and latest ATTACH mod.

Since no one was answering I did my own research on www.opentools.de. You should check it out. For this MOD that is a better resource. Anyhow the answers to my two questions above appear to be.
jayray999 wrote: 1. I cannot figure out how to control Thumbnail size. I have managed to use the thumbnail feature and imagemagick etc. but it puts out a fairly large thumbnail.

This can be done. Edit the '$max_width = 400;' entry on line 41 of /forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php. I reduced mine from the default 400 pixels to a more manageable 150.
jayray999 wrote: 2. It decides whether to create a thumbnail based on a filesize you specify (default= 12000 bytes) but shouldn't it decide based on image dimension.

This cannot be done. Evidently there is a feature-freeze on this MOD so absolutely no new features however obvious or elegant can be added. Only bugfixes will be done.

So there you go. I answered my own questions. In case you knew the answers and were keeping quiet anyway, "Thank you for pushing me to the edge so that I researched the http://www.opentools.de website. If you did not know the answers, I hope you benefit from them.

mitchklink

Re: upgrading from previous version

Post by mitchklink » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:44 am

jayray999 wrote: ....The key is to realize that you only overwriting files came as part of your 2.3.10. No other phpBB files are modified so there is no question of conflict with other mods. This is not the case if your existing ATTACH MOD were 2.3.04 or older. Then you have to modify both ATTACH MOD files and regular phpBB files.

Thanks, Jayray999! Worked like a charm... you are my hero!

Russian GoodBoy

Post by Russian GoodBoy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:47 am

Hello all!

I have found a slight mistake in this module. To make a correct addition of sub-forums into the list of permissions for the extension groups you need to insert

Code: Select all

sort($auth_p);
into admin_extensions.php after

// Generate array for Auth_Pack, do not add doubled forums
        for ($i = 0; $i < count($add_forums_list); $i++)
        {
            if (!in_array($add_forums_list[$i], $auth_p))
            {
                $auth_p[] = $add_forums_list[$i];
            }
        }
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Всем привет!

Нашел в модуле небольшую ошибку. Для корректного добавления подфорумов в список разрешений для группы расширений нужно вставить

sort($auth_p);
в admin_extensions.php после

// Generate array for Auth_Pack, do not add doubled forums
        for ($i = 0; $i < count($add_forums_list); $i++)
        {
            if (!in_array($add_forums_list[$i], $auth_p))
            {
                $auth_p[] = $add_forums_list[$i];
            }
        }

hydra1979

Post by hydra1979 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:22 am

:roll: i have a problem with this mod

my phpbb version is 2.0.6 this mod version is 2.3.9

why there is sometimes upload pic is benn replaced with other upload pic

no often, may 1pecent,but it really happen

it's so troubleing ... is there anyone else has meet this ?

who can tell me why

humidfreak

The Extension mid is not allowed

Post by humidfreak » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:55 pm

I've got the mod runnin ok but i've added mid to allowed extensions but still get The Extension mid is not allowed plz help

elau

Post by elau » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:38 pm

Hi!
Yesterday I've moved my forum in a new server and now I have some problems with this mod.
It seems that the table attachments_config is not read correctly... all the parameters take no value.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance

[edit]Ok. I've fixed. I've used the fixtables script and then I've upgraded the mod to the latest version. :)
Last edited by elau on Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

hydra1979

Post by hydra1979 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:51 am

hydra1979 wrote: :roll: i have a problem with this mod

my phpbb version is 2.0.6 this mod version is 2.3.9

why there is sometimes upload pic is benn replaced with other upload pic

no often, may 1pecent,but it really happen

it's so troubleing ... is there anyone else has meet this ?

who can tell me why

nobody meet the question i have meet? :roll:

juiced

Post by juiced » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:12 pm

I have read through 10 pages of help here and this just seems tooo wierd:

(im running the latest phpBB with CH 2.11 and a ton of mods)
#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
viewforum.php

I dont have a 'viewforum.php' i do, however have '_sav_viewforum.php'

Anybody know whats up with that?!!?

Now i see that at least 3 of the things i have to edit have been turned into _sav_ Im thinking this is because of the Ptir auth changes but i have no idea how to handle it.

THIS DOESNT EVEN EXIST IN MY FILE?!
#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/modcp_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 27
<td class="row1">&nbsp;<span class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}"

class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span></td>

In fact this doesnt show up in any searched:
{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

juiced

Post by juiced » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:01 pm

My modcp_body.tpl:
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tr>
<td><span class="maintitle">
<a href="{U_MOD_CP}" class="maintitle">{L_MOD_CP}</a>
</span><span class="gensmall"><br />
{L_MOD_CP_EXPLAIN}<br />
</span></td>
</tr>
</table>

<form method="post" action="{S_MODCP_ACTION}">

{NAVIGATION_BOX}

<!-- BEGIN forum_header -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="100%" valign="bottom"><span class="gensmall">
<!-- BEGIN pagination -->
<b>{forum_header.pagination.L_PAGE_OF}</b>&nbsp;{forum_header.pagination.L_COUNT}
<!-- END pagination -->
</span></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall">
<b>
<!-- BEGIN unique_ELSE -->
{forum_header.pagination.L_GOTO}:&nbsp;
<!-- END unique_ELSE -->
<!-- BEGIN previous -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.U_PREVIOUS}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.L_PREVIOUS}</a>&nbsp;
<!-- END previous -->

<!-- BEGIN page_number -->
<!-- BEGIN number -->
<!-- BEGIN current -->
{forum_header.pagination.page_number.PAGE}{forum_header.pagination.page_number.L_SEP}
<!-- END current -->
<!-- BEGIN current_ELSE -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.page_number.U_PAGE}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.page_number.PAGE}</a>{forum_header.pagination.page_number.L_SEP}
<!-- END current_ELSE -->
<!-- END number -->
<!-- BEGIN number_ELSE -->
<!-- END number_ELSE -->
<!-- END page_number -->

<!-- BEGIN next -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.U_NEXT}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.L_NEXT}</a>
<!-- END next -->
<!-- END pagination -->
</b></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- END forum_header -->
<!-- INCLUDE topics_row_box.tpl -->
<!-- BEGIN forum_header -->
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="100%" valign="bottom"><span class="gensmall">
<b>{forum_header.pagination.L_PAGE_OF}</b>&nbsp;{forum_header.pagination.L_COUNT}
<!-- END pagination -->
</span></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gensmall">
<b>
<!-- BEGIN unique_ELSE -->
{forum_header.pagination.L_GOTO}:&nbsp;
<!-- END unique_ELSE -->
<!-- BEGIN previous -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.U_PREVIOUS}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.L_PREVIOUS}</a>&nbsp;
<!-- END previous -->

<!-- BEGIN page_number -->
<!-- BEGIN number -->
<!-- BEGIN current -->
{forum_header.pagination.page_number.PAGE}{forum_header.pagination.page_number.L_SEP}
<!-- END current -->
<!-- BEGIN current_ELSE -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.page_number.U_PAGE}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.page_number.PAGE}</a>{forum_header.pagination.page_number.L_SEP}
<!-- END current_ELSE -->
<!-- END number -->
<!-- BEGIN number_ELSE -->
<!-- END number_ELSE -->
<!-- END page_number -->

<!-- BEGIN next -->
<a href="{forum_header.pagination.U_NEXT}" class="gensmall">{forum_header.pagination.L_NEXT}</a>
<!-- END next -->
<!-- END pagination -->
</b></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- END forum_header -->

{NAVIGATION_BOX}

{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}</form>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="right">{JUMPBOX}</td>
</tr>
</table>

What to do?

im supposed to add this:

{topicrow.TOPIC_ATTACHMENT_IMG}

(doesnt seem like a big deal if it doesnt get added)
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”