Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

weaversp
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:33 pm

Re: For the creator of this MOD

Post by weaversp »

Tux_Rules wrote:
weaversp wrote:Just upgraded to 2.0.17

Attachment does not show in viewtopic
shows in post preview
have tried sync and reinstall of mod

please advise


You wouldn't happen to have the Redirect User Fix MOD installed would you? That seems to break this MOD. Don't forget to upgrade the Attach MOD to 2.3.14!


Hi

No Attach MOD is my only MOD not sure of my version
will check and upgrade if I need to
weaversp
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:33 pm

Re: For the creator of this MOD

Post by weaversp »

weaversp wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:
weaversp wrote:Just upgraded to 2.0.17

Attachment does not show in viewtopic
shows in post preview
have tried sync and reinstall of mod

please advise


You wouldn't happen to have the Redirect User Fix MOD installed would you? That seems to break this MOD. Don't forget to upgrade the Attach MOD to 2.3.14!


Hi

No Attach MOD is my only MOD not sure of my version
will check and upgrade if I need to


Tried the upgrade whole forum went tits up
no attachments, could not post anything
gone back to previous ver of attach_mod
please advise
akslee
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Post by akslee »

Can anyone tell me if this is normal, and how I might be able to fix this?

I attach a filename called abc.zip for example. Everything works fine except when I download it, the forum automatically renames it to abc_127.zip

The prefix is usually some random numbers after the intended filename.
"If you have a great time teaching your child, and your child has a great time, there simply isn't anyway you can lose."

www.ChildBrain.org
jacksonpt
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:18 pm

Post by jacksonpt »

First off - great job with the mod.

Is there a way to tweak it so that the only thing that is displayed is the actual attachment file? I'd like to get rid of the file name, file size, etc.
User avatar
Rampage
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:55 am

Template Update for attachment mod

Post by Rampage »

Im just needing to check that while installing the attachment mod onto phpbb, if you have several different templates installed, i would just need to rename the 'template' folder in the mod and upload it to the web server?

Are there any other changes that i would need to perform before i can see the attachement section in my other templates?
Rampage
DaveSmooth
Registered User
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:24 pm
Contact:

Post by DaveSmooth »

Rampage

From what I've learned, that won't work. I could be wrong, but I think you need to make the modifications for each template you have...but like I said I could be wrong on that. I would wait and hold off for some other help....
User avatar
Rampage
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:55 am

Post by Rampage »

DaveSmooth wrote: Rampage

From what I've learned, that won't work. I could be wrong, but I think you need to make the modifications for each template you have...but like I said I could be wrong on that. I would wait and hold off for some other help....


yeah i figured that wasnt enough as i did upload it to the folder which didnt work. What makes this worst is that i had this going before but have since forgotten as its been so long since i did it. :oops:
Rampage
User avatar
Rampage
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:55 am

Post by Rampage »

Oops nevermind finally recalled how to do it.

I had to edit the tpl files directly. I had forgotten it as i had used the pre-modified files out of laziness. :oops:

For others who want to know, to do this, just follow the instructions in the install.txt starting from the line and change all 'subsilver' to 'your template name':

#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/modcp_body.tpl
Rampage
GillianRiddoch
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:10 am
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Problems downloading PDFs -PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by GillianRiddoch »

I have reviewed a number of posts on this forum with the same problem as me, and tried their solutions - but they haven't worked.

I am having problems downloading PDFs from my Forum - for some users it is OK (and it is not browser dependent) Like several users before me, when I click the download button I get a blank screen with a small icon in the top left corner. I changed the download mode from inline to physical and now when I click download I get a login box asking for my username and password to login to my hosting site. This is fine for me - or rather it would be if it worked - which it doesn't, but other users get it too, and they don't know the information

Any ideas??????

Many thanks!

Gillian
kornhead
Registered User
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

Post by kornhead »

oh... too many pages to resd all
can anybody tell me, if I could attach *.html, *htm and any other pages?
and if this mod allows it, then how to customize this feature?

thanks beforehand (really need such thing :( )

ps. nearly forgot: htm files have to be visible in the post body.
Just like bbcode [web]http://[/web], but attached to post
User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Tux_Rules »

akslee wrote: Can anyone tell me if this is normal, and how I might be able to fix this?

I attach a filename called abc.zip for example. Everything works fine except when I download it, the forum automatically renames it to abc_127.zip

The prefix is usually some random numbers after the intended filename.


Actually, it is renamed when uploaded/posted. Are you using the FTP method to upload/download?
User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Tux_Rules »

jacksonpt wrote: First off - great job with the mod.

Is there a way to tweak it so that the only thing that is displayed is the actual attachment file? I'd like to get rid of the file name, file size, etc.


Try this:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 93#1627193
User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Re: Problems downloading PDFs -PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Tux_Rules »

GillianRiddoch wrote: I have reviewed a number of posts on this forum with the same problem as me, and tried their solutions - but they haven't worked.

I am having problems downloading PDFs from my Forum - for some users it is OK (and it is not browser dependent) Like several users before me, when I click the download button I get a blank screen with a small icon in the top left corner. I changed the download mode from inline to physical and now when I click download I get a login box asking for my username and password to login to my hosting site. This is fine for me - or rather it would be if it worked - which it doesn't, but other users get it too, and they don't know the information

Any ideas??????

Many thanks!

Gillian


That sounds like you are maybe using the FTP method for uploading/downloading files? If so, try setting it to "NO" in the Admin Control Panel.
User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Tux_Rules »

kornhead wrote: oh... too many pages to resd all
can anybody tell me, if I could attach *.html, *htm and any other pages?
and if this mod allows it, then how to customize this feature?

thanks beforehand (really need such thing :( )

ps. nearly forgot: htm files have to be visible in the post body.
Just like bbcode [web]http://[/web], but attached to post


I do believe that if you go to the ACP -> Extensions -> Extension Control you can add the extensions that are allowed to be uploaded. Add the html extension add for "extension group" put "not assigned", then go to the Extension Group Control and for Extension Group make a name like "web" with no special catagory, select allowed, Download Mode of "inlined" (might have to go physical), and then "add" then submit and test.
User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Re: For the creator of this MOD

Post by Tux_Rules »

weaversp wrote:
weaversp wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:
weaversp wrote:Just upgraded to 2.0.17

Attachment does not show in viewtopic
shows in post preview
have tried sync and reinstall of mod

please advise


You wouldn't happen to have the Redirect User Fix MOD installed would you? That seems to break this MOD. Don't forget to upgrade the Attach MOD to 2.3.14!


Hi

No Attach MOD is my only MOD not sure of my version
will check and upgrade if I need to


Tried the upgrade whole forum went *beep* up
no attachments, could not post anything
gone back to previous ver of attach_mod
please advise


How did you install the attach MOD to begin with? The pre-modified files will work, but you then have to upgrade the phpBB 2.0.17.
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”