Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

User avatar
wizard james
Registered User
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:43 am

Post by wizard james » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:53 pm

u can use easymod..u just gota read the readme.. it tells you what to do


Hey tux. been modifilying subsilver on my site..and one of the probs i ran into is the td.attachheader

were do i change the color of this? its not in the css file (were it should be) so i am sota lost

Swanny1981
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:00 pm

Post by Swanny1981 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Tux_Rules wrote:
Swanny1981 wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:
Swanny1981 wrote:Below are my settings. I was almost sure that these are the same as when it was working perfectly too. I have tried the make use of GD extension at both yes and no, and the same thing is happening. Thanks for your help.
----------------------------------------------------------
Settings for Special Category: Images
Assigned Group: Images
Display Images Inlined

Choose whether to display images directly within the post (yes) or to display images as a link?- Yes

Create Thumbnail- Yes

Minimum Thumbnail Filesize- 12000 Bytes

Make use of GD2 Extension- Yes

Imagick Program (Complete Path)- Empty Box

Maximum Image Dimensions- 0 x 0

Image Link Dimensions- 0 x 0


Does the thumbs directory have a copy of the index.php file from the images directory? Everything else look correct (and it appears safe to assume that the thumbs directory is 777 for permissions).


Yes, everything is set correctly. It just seems weird that it will make thumbnails for some images, and it won't for others. Big images will cause the error, while smaller images will work perfect and create a thumbnail.


Is this as Admin or regular user? Do you have quota's set to a size smaller than that of the big pics?


I actually reinstalled everything again today to see if it would do anything, but the same thing is occurring. It does it for both my Admin account and for a regular user account I created to test with as well. And the quotas are set higher than the file sizes. It seems like sometimes it just goes to a blank white screen too after trying to upload an attachment. Also, the attachment does get uploaded to my files folder on the server, which makes me obviously think it has somethin to do with the creating a thumbnail portion. Thanks for your help Tux.

bluntobject
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:50 am
Contact:

installed.. no errors, not uploading..

Post by bluntobject » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:58 pm

installed this mod yesterday morning.. ive tried just about every setting i can see..

my files dir is chmod @ 777
i went to the forum permissions, set post/view equal to my other settings..

test account jackcoke : test123

heres a complete listing my my config for the section:

upload dir: files
filesize: 6mb
attchment quota: 0bytes
default quota limit: high
max # of attchments: 1
max # of attchments in pm: 0
disable attatchment mod: no
allow attatchment in pm: no
enable ftp upload: yes
ftp upload server: blank
ftp path to upload dir: public_html/files
download link to ftp path: files
enable ftp passive: yes
username: ******
password: ******

hopefully someone can find my error.. much thanks.

User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:21 am

wizard james wrote: u can use easymod..u just gota read the readme.. it tells you what to do


Hey tux. been modifilying subsilver on my site..and one of the probs i ran into is the td.attachheader

were do i change the color of this? its not in the css file (were it should be) so i am sota lost


It's the

Code: Select all

Table Row Colour 3:

in the Styles Admin -> Management and also change it in

Code: Select all

theme_info.cfg

Code: Select all

$subSilver[0]['tr_color3'] = "D1D7DC";

User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Re: installed.. no errors, not uploading..

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:37 am

bluntobject wrote: installed this mod yesterday morning.. ive tried just about every setting i can see..

my files dir is chmod @ 777
i went to the forum permissions, set post/view equal to my other settings..

test account jackcoke : test123

heres a complete listing my my config for the section:

upload dir: files
filesize: 6mb
attchment quota: 0bytes
default quota limit: high
max # of attchments: 1
max # of attchments in pm: 0
disable attatchment mod: no
allow attatchment in pm: no
enable ftp upload: yes
ftp upload server: blank
ftp path to upload dir: public_html/files
download link to ftp path: files
enable ftp passive: yes
username: ******
password: ******

hopefully someone can find my error.. much thanks.


I went there and checked it out, I can see that there appears to be mis-edits, as on creating a new topic, the only thing showing up for attachments is the button that says "add an attachment" but no choose button or even a box to type the url. Double check all edits and make sure you have uploaded all of the files from the attach_mod/root/templates/subSilver to your new style(Ad Infinitum).

User avatar
Tux_Rules
Registered User
Posts: 958
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: Afton, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:43 am

Swanny1981 wrote: I actually reinstalled everything again today to see if it would do anything, but the same thing is occurring. It does it for both my Admin account and for a regular user account I created to test with as well. And the quotas are set higher than the file sizes. It seems like sometimes it just goes to a blank white screen too after trying to upload an attachment. Also, the attachment does get uploaded to my files folder on the server, which makes me obviously think it has somethin to do with the creating a thumbnail portion. Thanks for your help Tux.


I will do some loking around, as usually a white screen would be the GD is unavailable, but it works with small images. It would also be a sign of trying to upload a file that exceeds the ph .ini limitations for uploads, but the file does get uploaded. All the setting look good, and it works for small pics., so it has me stumped at the moment, but I will look around.

bluntobject
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:50 am
Contact:

Re: installed.. no errors, not uploading..

Post by bluntobject » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:55 am

Tux_Rules wrote:
bluntobject wrote:installed this mod yesterday morning.. ive tried just about every setting i can see..

my files dir is chmod @ 777
i went to the forum permissions, set post/view equal to my other settings..

test account jackcoke : test123

heres a complete listing my my config for the section:

upload dir: files
filesize: 6mb
attchment quota: 0bytes
default quota limit: high
max # of attchments: 1
max # of attchments in pm: 0
disable attatchment mod: no
allow attatchment in pm: no
enable ftp upload: yes
ftp upload server: blank
ftp path to upload dir: public_html/files
download link to ftp path: files
enable ftp passive: yes
username: ******
password: ******

hopefully someone can find my error.. much thanks.


I went there and checked it out, I can see that there appears to be mis-edits, as on creating a new topic, the only thing showing up for attachments is the button that says "add an attachment" but no choose button or even a box to type the url. Double check all edits and make sure you have uploaded all of the files from the attach_mod/root/templates/subSilver to your new style(Ad Infinitum).


tux - i went and double checked all the files.. all are uploaded..

i went and double checked, all the code is added as well..


if you go on the forum, make a new post, you will see the add attatchment box.. you click that and it will bring up 2 boxes..

Filename: [ box ] [browse button]
file comment [ box ] [add attchment]

clicking the submit button nothing happens.. clicking the add atchment box a 2nd time , screen makes an attempt at something, come back to the unposted topic and the filename is removed from the browse box..

footer
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:48 am

Not quite there with install

Post by footer » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:06 am

Hi,

I've just installed the attachmod. But in looking at the menu items under the attcahements (control panel, management etc) I've got no text headings but have the values and drop down boxes OK. Can you help version 2.016 with the 2.3.14 attachmod installed.

kicktd
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:48 pm

Post by kicktd » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:29 pm

ok I've got everything working great 8) the only problem I'm having now is that the attachment area isn't showing up in the Administration area :roll: Can anyone point me in the right direction to get it showing up? All theme files are in the correct place and I've even used the pre-modified ones but still no luck.

User avatar
mosmos
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:17 am
Contact:

problems with the attachment mod and external image posts

Post by mosmos » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with the attachments.

First, when i upload pictures or files through using attachment mod, the files are now showing on the page(also there are no errors).

Second, when i try to put a image link or text in bbcode, it shows 2 same image and text on the topic page. I mean say i put 3 different image tag links and some text to the bbcode, it shows up with a 6 same images and 2 same text. It's really wierd tough because there isn't giving me an error or something. Just puts same whole message twice on the page.

Third, the column which is showing the number of attachments on the index page is not showing the numbers of the attachment and the text 'Attachments' which was on the right of the 'Topic' text is not shows up as well.

Could someone help me to fix those errors?

Thank you.

creede
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:55 pm
Contact:

Post by creede » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:40 pm

I am trying to intall this mod with the softmetal theme, but I can't find lines <form action="{S_POST_ACTION}" method="post" name="post" onsubmit="return checkForm(this)"> in the file posting_body.tpl
Any ideas?
http://www.grassrootsmodern.com
The affordable modern contemporary movement.

bluntobject
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:50 am
Contact:

re

Post by bluntobject » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:10 pm

tux - i downloaded one of the prepackaged setups you have on your site and went to install it on a different site of mine.. installed fine, added the attatchment sql tables.. i went to upload a file and noticed after the screen attempted to add the file, up top "file extension not allowed". so i immediatley went back to my regular forum, looked at my setting there.. sure enough.. all my file groups were not allowed.. switched that.. files uploading now fine.. now to add the link to the main page.. thanks much for attempting to help.. it worked itself out in the end..

User avatar
wizard james
Registered User
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:43 am

Post by wizard james » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:38 pm

guess i till toss my info in here..

creede i know what its like installing on that template..and its a very very large pain.. (nothing like getting it to work on some of doublej's styles) but i can try to help u out but need more info as the template may already been touched i need to see the posting_body.tpl (dont paste it all here.. either PM me it, IM me it, or Pastebin it

mosmos, id wait till tux stops in.. am good with the template and editing stuff ..

kicktd : are u sure u put the files from the templates of the mod into the templates/*/admin/
if u think u did, recopy all the files from the templates folder of the mod download

footer: make sure u copyed the lang files into the right lang folders and did the right lang files edits

creede
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:55 pm
Contact:

Post by creede » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:38 pm

creede wrote: I am trying to intall this mod with the softmetal theme, but I can't find lines <form action="{S_POST_ACTION}" method="post" name="post" onsubmit="return checkForm(this)"> in the file posting_body.tpl
Any ideas?


False alarm, sorry. It seems my editor bbedit put about 300 lines worth of stuff all on one line which made it imposible to search, or find what I was looking for. After I cleaned it up a little, I was able to get everything working. Great mod. Props to all who contributed.
http://www.grassrootsmodern.com
The affordable modern contemporary movement.

bluntobject
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:50 am
Contact:

Post by bluntobject » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:55 pm

i cannot get download.php to display attatchments.. any help??

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”