Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

markam

Post by markam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:39 pm

Hi there , having a problem with this mod, i cant even get the zip file to download form 1st page. Also i am running 2.017 will this mod workok on this version>?

Thanks

Mark

bluntobject

Post by bluntobject » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:51 pm

i'd recommend getting the combo pack from Tux_Rules website.. its seriously the easiest thing to run.... from any hack to board addon ive installed. newest version of attatch mod + 2.0.17 phpbb..

Paddy-v

please help: SQL Error

Post by Paddy-v » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:23 pm

Hi, i recently installed File Attachment Mod Version: 2.3.14

everything worked sweet until i tried to view a topic and i got this error

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config)' at line 5

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 14 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config);

Line : 155
File : viewtopic.php

i know how busy u guys are so if u could just explain what the problem is or what the error means it would be greatly appreciated :)

so i could maybe pin point if/where i went wrong & go about fixing it

thanks in advance :D

Tux_Rules

Re: please help: SQL Error

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:47 pm

Paddy-v wrote: Hi, i recently installed File Attachment Mod Version: 2.3.14

everything worked sweet until i tried to view a topic and i got this error

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config)' at line 5

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 14 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config);

Line : 155
File : viewtopic.php

i know how busy u guys are so if u could just explain what the problem is or what the error means it would be greatly appreciated :)

so i could maybe pin point if/where i went wrong & go about fixing it

thanks in advance :D

Double check your viewtopic.php as the lines 148 to 155 look like this:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments" . $count_sql . "
	FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . FORUMS_TABLE . " f" . $join_sql_table . "
	WHERE $join_sql
		AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id
		$order_sql";
attach_setup_viewtopic_auth($order_sql, $sql);
if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:49 pm

bluntobject wrote: i cannot get download.php to display attatchments.. any help??

How are your permissions set up? Set them to REG for download and Post.
ACP -> Forum Admin -> Permissions -> Advanced Mode

EDIT: I see it is now working?
http://www.pediscussions.com/viewtopic.php?p=2392#2392
Attachment is visible 8)
Last edited by Tux_Rules on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tux_Rules

Re: problems with the attachment mod and external image post

Post by Tux_Rules » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:58 pm

mosmos wrote: Hello,

I have a problem with the attachments.

First, when i upload pictures or files through using attachment mod, the files are now showing on the page(also there are no errors).

Second, when i try to put a image link or text in bbcode, it shows 2 same image and text on the topic page. I mean say i put 3 different image tag links and some text to the bbcode, it shows up with a 6 same images and 2 same text. It's really wierd tough because there isn't giving me an error or something. Just puts same whole message twice on the page.

Third, the column which is showing the number of attachments on the index page is not showing the numbers of the attachment and the text 'Attachments' which was on the right of the 'Topic' text is not shows up as well.

Could someone help me to fix those errors?

Thank you.

First: Sounds like maybe permissions not set to view attachments. ACP -> Forum Admin -> Permissions -> Advanced Mode all the way to the right

Second: I would guess that to be a file not edited properly, most likely something in the subSilver directory.

Third: Do you have the ezDownload mod? You have to edit the ezdloads.php and change $CFG['dload_forum'] = '1'; to point to the forum id's that you want ezDownloads to pulls attachments from. And open download.php and look for:

//
// Allowed Syntax:
// Full Domain Name -> www.opentools.de
// Partial Domain Names -> opentools.de
//
$sites = array(
	$board_config['server_name'],	// This is your domain
	'opentools.de',
	'phpbb.com',
	'phpbbhacks.com',
	'phpbb.de'
);
Where the line:

$board_config['server_name']
Change the server_name to your domain name.

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:00 am

wizard james wrote: guess i till toss my info in here..

creede i know what its like installing on that template..and its a very very large pain.. (nothing like getting it to work on some of doublej's styles) but i can try to help u out but need more info as the template may already been touched i need to see the posting_body.tpl (dont paste it all here.. either PM me it, IM me it, or Pastebin it

mosmos, id wait till tux stops in.. am good with the template and editing stuff ..

kicktd : are u sure u put the files from the templates of the mod into the templates/*/admin/
if u think u did, recopy all the files from the templates folder of the mod download

footer: make sure u copyed the lang files into the right lang folders and did the right lang files edits

Thanks for the help, much appreciated :D

Paddy-v

Post by Paddy-v » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:07 am

Tux_Rules cheers for that buddy, everything is running sweet as a nut now :)

WEA HEY!! :D

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:15 am

Paddy-v wrote: Tux_Rules cheers for that buddy, everything is running sweet as a nut now :)

WEA HEY!! :D

Cool Beans! 8)

chrisjchrisj

Attachments not appearing

Post by chrisjchrisj » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:47 am

I have the Attachment MOD, but I'm not seeing how to add attachments, when I post or view the topic.

I am sure it's just a setting, that is not enabled, but I've looked and looked, I have trialed and errored, and I'm out of ideas.

What am I forgetting? Can someone offer suggestions as to what settings I should look at?

Or offer other suggestions? It just seems like it a topic viewing issue, but I'm stumped.

Thanks. I look forward to any guidance here.

Tux_Rules

Re: Attachments not appearing

Post by Tux_Rules » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:00 am

chrisjchrisj wrote: I have the Attachment MOD, but I'm not seeing how to add attachments, when I post or view the topic.

I am sure it's just a setting, that is not enabled, but I've looked and looked, I have trialed and errored, and I'm out of ideas.

What am I forgetting? Can someone offer suggestions as to what settings I should look at?

Or offer other suggestions? It just seems like it a topic viewing issue, but I'm stumped.

Let's start simple-how are your permissions set up? Set them to REG for download and Post.

bluntobject

Post by bluntobject » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:01 am

Tux_Rules wrote:
bluntobject wrote:i cannot get download.php to display attatchments.. any help??

Attachment is visible 8)

tux - yeah the attachments are visible now.. i was just scrolling to fast and didnt see the error it was giving me up top about file permissions not allowed.. went and fixed that.. good to go for uploading now.

i went and changed all my category permissiong to reg/reg for post/view and still no luck.. i dont even remember there being any code in the install for download.php being placed on the index or anything..

here's exactly what i looking to have:
http://www.opentools.de/board/attachments.php
http://www.mightygorgon.com/attachments.php

Tux_Rules

Post by Tux_Rules » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:23 am

bluntobject wrote:
Tux_Rules wrote:
bluntobject wrote:i cannot get download.php to display attatchments.. any help??

Attachment is visible 8)

tux - yeah the attachments are visible now.. i was just scrolling to fast and didnt see the error it was giving me up top about file permissions not allowed.. went and fixed that.. good to go for uploading now.

i went and changed all my category permissiong to reg/reg for post/view and still no luck.. i dont even remember there being any code in the install for download.php being placed on the index or anything..

here's exactly what i looking to have:
http://www.opentools.de/board/attachments.php
http://www.mightygorgon.com/attachments.php

About the only thing I can think of is it is Acyd Burn made a variation of the admin_attachments.php
This is not something that comes stock with the attachment MOD.

chrisjchrisj

Thanks for your suggestion, but...

Post by chrisjchrisj » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:19 am

I have st the permissions for Post, Donlaod and Post Files to REG, yet I'm not seeing the attachments, when I post or view the topic.

mosmos

Post by mosmos » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:42 am

Hello,

Do you know what really my problem is? If you need my php codes, i can send you over. Just tell me what php file you need to edit.

Thank you.

[quote="mosmos, id wait till tux stops in.. am good with the template and editing stuff .. [/quote]

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”