Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

wads24
Name: James

The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

Post by wads24 »

has anyone had this problem, I have read and read on the forums, and couldn't find any solutions.

If I go to ACP, go to Special Categories under Extensions, and change option for Image Link Dimensions. if gives a link on posts for user to download link. but when I click on the download link it goes to a url on the site in new window and says,

404 File Not Found: The File /files/1974_931.jpg does not exist.

I have seen other sites have this same problem, but have seen it work too on other forums. Does anyone have a fix for this, is it somewhere in the settings in the ACP? The permissions are set correctly in ACP. Don't know what else i can do.... PLEASE HELP!!!
FXGenius

Image Attachment MOD For PHPNuke based PHPBB

Post by FXGenius »

Hello Everybody,

I want to install the attachment MOD for PHPNuke(7.6) based PHPBB. I would appreciate and be very happy if anyone can point to me the link where such MOD can be downloaded from, thanks.
paolo_705

Re: Image Attachment MOD For PHPNuke based PHPBB

Post by paolo_705 »

FXGenius wrote: I would appreciate and be very happy if anyone can point to me the link where such MOD can be downloaded from, thanks.

try this:
http://support.code-area51.com/attachme ... 4-df9.html
hydra soul

Post by hydra soul »

ive installed this fine on the subsilver theme, but when it coes to editing other template, its messed up. im editing the nosebleed template, and the actual attachment cannot be seen, but the rest of the post. if someone could view my site they'll know what i mean. also when adding an attachent, the browse button is smaller then it should be.
the url is http://www.hydrasoul.com/gbm

the instructions i downloaded for the mod are different when editing nosebleed temp and thats where i need help

thanks
http://www.hydrasoul.com
Metal Forever
\m/
sallas

Attachments

Post by sallas »

This looks like a great mod but it goes further that I want on my forum.

Is there a simple way to upload documents (pdfs) to the data base and have a link in a post via which they can be opened from within the forum?

I pay for the hosting of the forum so I don't want the members to stuff it with pics of their cats :) .

Hope someone can help - many thanks.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

use the extensioncontrol in the admin panel, and set it to only allow .pfd, .doc . . . . and delete the rest :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
wads24
Name: James

Re: The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

Post by wads24 »

wads24 wrote: has anyone had this problem, I have read and read on the forums, and couldn't find any solutions.

If I go to ACP, go to Special Categories under Extensions, and change option for Image Link Dimensions. if gives a link on posts for user to download link. but when I click on the download link it goes to a url on the site in new window and says,

404 File Not Found: The File /files/1974_931.jpg does not exist.

I have seen other sites have this same problem, but have seen it work too on other forums. Does anyone have a fix for this, is it somewhere in the settings in the ACP? The permissions are set correctly in ACP. Don't know what else i can do.... PLEASE HELP!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!
sallas

Post by sallas »

Thanks cherokee red.
I was hoping to get away with not installing the Attachment mod because the forum is already heavily modded and I am not a very experienced modder.

I am the only one who will be posting attachments. Is there another way?
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=267031
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=320594

there was a simple uploads MOD, but i can't find it sorry. maybe 1 of the 2 i posted there may help ;)
wamfgcom

Post by wamfgcom »

I've recently installed this mod and it's working great.

Is there any way to get the attachment icon to show up on topics by recognizing the "img src" tag used for images in posts before the mod was installed.

thanks
_RAAF_Furball

Re: Attachments

Post by _RAAF_Furball »

sallas wrote: Is there a simple way to upload documents (pdfs) to the data base and have a link in a post via which they can be opened from within the forum?

Could you host your files on the same webspace as your Forum, but in a different Folder, then link to them in posts?
eg.
Click here for a great pdf or pic

sallas wrote: I pay for the hosting of the forum so I don't want the members to stuff it with pics of their cats :) .

And WHAT's wrong with cats???????? :P

Is no-one able to help me with my problem with phpbb_attachments? ...... please - click here

_RAAF_Furball, CO

RAAF website Image

Furball's website Image
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Re: Attachments

Post by stickerboy »

AFAIK, this shouldn't cause a problem. My install looks the same andhaven't had any problems not having an index - and i've used the attach MOD for 2 years :P

Unless anyone else can say otherwise that is (still a bit of a php n00b is me :P )
Nox71

Problem when trying to add attachment

Post by Nox71 »

I always got this error message when i tried to add an attahcment to my post, single post without attahcment work fine and the message isL No post mode specified.

Any idea ?
Acidbat

Post by Acidbat »

Hi I am using attachment MOD 2.3.14, which is working pretty good.
However, I keep having some problems when I try to Download files larger then 2MB.
I can upload large files (around 1GB or something), but everytime I try and download these files they only come down as 2MB.

This is an internal forum.

Is there something I am missing in php.ini?

If so can someone please tell me what it is, where to find etc?

Cheers in advanced
outlaw77

Post by outlaw77 »

I just started a new forum and install the categories hiearchy mod and then the attachment mod. With alittle tweaking everything works fine as in there are no error pages but when I try and post I don't see any sign of the attachment mod anywhere no where to upload or download...anyone have any ideas? thanks

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”