Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

jcaesar625

Post by jcaesar625 »

antonioz wrote: it does not work for phpbb 2.0.18? :?:

It works on my 2.0.18 board, except the signatures do not show up anytime there is an attachment in the thread.
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

antonioz wrote: it does not work for phpbb 2.0.18? :?:

it works fine, as long as u install it first (or atleast for me thats how it is) i just redid my 4th forum instead of waiting for a reply, if you want to see it on 2.0.18 you can go to my test site:

http://meta.thebladepact.com/index.php

my test account is:
name: test
pass: test

now im installing quite a few mods so if you cant get in try later.

now i gotta figure out how to fix my dates and time of posts missing on my forums ><
iluphade

Post by iluphade »

bcs10 wrote:
iluphade wrote:actually, it works for me on 2.0.18 for all files. But since not many people are uploading bigger files onto the board, i can't completely guarantee it.
But it works. Just upload the files, use the trick that was mentioned on the previous page, run the install-page, then change the files either manually, or upload the files i made available before (changed for 2.0.18 + extreme stylez mod).
sorry... but i am afraid i do not know what trick you are talking about... also, i dont know what files you are talking about.

trick posted by Jadestone:

Code: Select all

d check you coding to see if you missed anything, i found out that sometimes if im in a rush i missed a , or a ;

just look up the code for that file and double check it, especially that line.
Code:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
includes/auth.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 105
      case AUTH_ATTACH:
         break;

default:
         break;
   }

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------
# the Line have to be added AFTER the closing brace
   attach_setup_basic_auth($type, $auth_fields, $a_sql);

this is all the code change for auth.php

id assume that you missing this part
Code:
($type, $auth_fields, $a_sql);

i`ve never had that problem tho, maybe someone else had that error.
rar-file with the premodified files for 2.0.18 + extreme stylez:

http://www.vrg.be/changed.rar
BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

Attach mod works fine with 2.0.18.
GlennP

Post by GlennP »

Hi, I have just upgraded to .18 and the mod is working for me (as well as signatures)

But that's not why I'm here... I want to add another board and share the members database. I know how to do this but I was wondering if I should remove the table prefix for the attach tables?

(Sorry if this has already been answered but 700 odd pages is scary!)
nakulgoyal

Post by nakulgoyal »

I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /home/cmgtechn/public_html/forums/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62

when click on Management in admin under Attachments !! I just upgraded my phpbb installation to 2.018 and then was installing this mod for the very first time. Help.
--
Nakul Goyal
M.Sc (Information Technology), MCP, Brainbench 'MVP', BCIP, CIW Associate
paul7v7

Post by paul7v7 »

I have a quick question is there any mod around that can resize pics uploaded via the attachment mod? I did use Vic D'Elfant Limit Image Width but when I lost parts of my board I also lost his mod. I tried looking for it here but it has gone. Is there any other way to do it?
bhummel

IS ATTACHMENT MOD EASYMOD COMPATIBLE YET?

Post by bhummel »

Is this one EasyMod compatible yet?
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

paul7v7 wrote: I have a quick question is there any mod around that can resize pics uploaded via the attachment mod? I did use Vic D'Elfant Limit Image Width but when I lost parts of my board I also lost his mod. I tried looking for it here but it has gone. Is there any other way to do it?

search feature works great^^

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... k+attached
paul7v7

Post by paul7v7 »

Jadestone wrote: search feature works great^^

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... k+attached

Thanks :oops: i did search but the amount of threads that came up was just too much to go through at 3am hehe. But thanks again
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: IS ATTACHMENT MOD EASYMOD COMPATIBLE YET?

Post by stickerboy »

bhummel wrote: Is this one EasyMod compatible yet?

Pretty much, but you might have to edit your template files manually if you have a style that differs from subSilver.
nakulgoyal wrote: I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /home/cmgtechn/public_html/forums/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 62

when click on Management in admin under Attachments !! I just upgraded my phpbb installation to 2.018 and then was installing this mod for the very first time. Help.

I think you have either forgotten to upload some files, or you forgot to edit common.php -check both and report back if it still don;t work ;)

andrewhall wrote: I am upgrading from 2.0.15 to 2.0.18. I use attachment mod already and have a number of small uploads in my BB. Is there a risk that the uploads will actually be lost (or rather that the links in the threads will be lost) in doing a bare update, redoing the attachment mod in 2.0.18 from scratch.

In answer to the person who suggested why not stay with 2.0.17 I would reply check out the thread on hacked boards. I had one BB totally, permanently, wrecked a few days back. Not upgrading is a poor option.

Another question - is the requirement to have the upload folder chmod 777 a serious security risk, and if it is, are there any ways to lessen the risk.

Andrew

Only if you delete the files, or the reference to the files in the database, will they be lost to you. I have had attach MOD installed since 2.0.8a and it's upgraded fine through every version ;)

Oh, and i fyou don't have the upload folder CHMOD 777, how else are you meant to allow uploads to it :?
antonioz wrote: t does not work for phpbb 2.0.18?

Attach MOD works fine for .18 :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
dko

Can you put a field when you attach files?

Post by dko »

Can you put a field when you attach files, so that you can copy a file from another site?

That's because i always have to download the file to my computer and then upload it to my site!
nakulgoyal

Post by nakulgoyal »

I tried, if I add those lines to common.php, it gives a fatal error. Also, I did upload all the files.
--
Nakul Goyal
M.Sc (Information Technology), MCP, Brainbench 'MVP', BCIP, CIW Associate
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Re: Can you put a field when you attach files?

Post by stickerboy »

dko wrote: Can you put a field when you attach files, so that you can copy a file from another site?

That's because i always have to download the file to my computer and then upload it to my site!

why not use the img tag for this?
i.e.

[img]https://www.phpbb.com/images/mainlogo.gif[/img]
will give
stickerboy
Former Team Member

Post by stickerboy »

nakulgoyal wrote: I tried, if I add those lines to common.php, it gives a fatal error. Also, I did upload all the files.

Ok, if you're sure you edited all files correctly, can you pm me your details and I will have a look for you :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”