Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

kaka_jelly

Post by kaka_jelly »

I have installed the mod successfully..but still have some question.

Q1: Can I make the attachment comment box be smaller? How can I do that? Or can I just disallow the attachment comment box?

Q2: I m using Morpheus temple...so when I edit the mod with privmsgs_body.tpl, privmsgs_preview.tpl, privmsgs_read_body.tpl, it doesn't come out right, all the words in the pm box goes to the right hand side and move around. So if I don't use attachment in pm, can i just NOT editing this three .tpl file so that the pm box will be reading normally?
TVScoundrel

Post by TVScoundrel »

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to install the attachment mod 2_3_14
on my (working but fresh) phpBB 2_0_18

I've copied all the files from attach_mod/root to the to the root of my phpBB.
I now go to www.mydomain/phpBB/install/mod_table_inst.php and this is what i get....

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

The login has not changed, as the board is working...

Any ideas???

AAAh just read a page before that the mod's not working on 2.0.18 yet...
Damn...

thanks,
TVS
The most amazing filosofies,
are spawned by the weirdest of people.
Ripper®

Post by Ripper® »

Well, you can make the SQL update work by adding an include for config.php in the mod table install file, buit I have yet to get it to work.
I gave up on it, for now. The next step is a completely fresh install of PHPBB through Fantastico, which is 2.0.16, then an update to 2.0.17, then install the attach mod, then see if updating to 2.0.18 breaks the mod. I've seen some people here got it working, but I'm not sure exactly how they did it. I'm getting cross-eyed trying to read all of the different questions, errors and answers to them.
TVScoundrel

Post by TVScoundrel »

TheTallMan wrote: Follow the instructions in this posting EXACTLY..it will fix your problem:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... se#1837194

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... se#1837194

and it really does work ;)
The most amazing filosofies,
are spawned by the weirdest of people.
Ripper®

Success

Post by Ripper® »

SUCCESS!!!!

Ok, the guys that suggested installing the attach mod in 2.0.17 then updating to 2.0.18 were right.

Here's how I did it.

As a test, I installed a completely new forum with a new database. I did this through Fantastico in CPanel because it's 2 clicks and you have a new forum. My version for this is 2.0.16. I immediately installed Easymod. I won't install another PHPBB without it, ever again.
I then updated to 2.0.17 using Easymod. Even though it wasn't required, I ran the update to latest script anyway. It said "No updates were required".
Next, I uploaded all of the added files for the attachment mod. Then, I installed the attachment mod, again using Easymod (I could have just uploaded all the changed files, but this was a test to see if it would install using this method). Thanks to whoever it was (sorry, I forget what I had for dinner) that alerted me to the fact that the install.txt file is in Easymod format. After running the mod table install and the update to latest script in the attach mod install folder, I tested to make sure it worked. It did.

Next step was to try updating to 2.0.18. First, I made a complete copy of the current forum, just in case.... Then I used Easymod to install 2.0.18. I only needed to upload the install and contrib folders to run the update script for the database...

Attachment mod is working now in 2.0.18 without rolling back the changed files to 2.0.17.

Thanks again to all who suggested using 2.0.17 to get it installed. I'm just lucky I found the folder for the downloaded files.... I had deleted it but luckily I hadn't emptied my recycle bin in awhile. I don't know if the older versions are still available on the site for download.

I know it sounds a bit involved, and it is, but it's not all that bad.

Oh yeah, before I forget, you have to make one edit to the Attach Mod install.txt file :
Around line 410:

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 742
unset($delete_type);

}

Change to:

# around line 750
unset($delete_type);

Note, there is no closing bracket in the file on that line, also the line of code moved down a few lines.
AllCoKe

Post by AllCoKe »

This page may help too you I think.
Just look at the file named premodified_files_phpbb2018 :wink:
txclark

Post by txclark »

thanks AllCoKe, those helped me out! :wink:
CLIPER

phpBB2.0.18

Post by CLIPER »

Hi, did this release work for phpBB2.0.18? or not?
gurney9999

Post by gurney9999 »

Figured out my issue (from a couple of pages back). User error. Everything works fine now, added mod to a clean .0.18 install.
CLIPER

Post by CLIPER »

it should be the Attachment MOD you installed, and not any other.. I've been using phpBB2.0.18and seems Attachment MOD supports 2.0.17 ... is that it?
babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

I wish I could figure out my issue... I STILL can't set individual user quota's in the Acp/User Admin/management section like the user guide says you're sposed to be able to. *sigh*
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
newcster68

Post by newcster68 »

SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE ATTACHMENT ZIP FILE..

went to download and unzip and the file is corrupt....
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

newcster68 wrote: SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE ATTACHMENT ZIP FILE..

went to download and unzip and the file is corrupt....

Try again, it works fine for me. If you have some sort of download accelerator enabled, disable it.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
drumstix42

Re: Success

Post by drumstix42 »

Ripper® wrote: Oh yeah, before I forget, you have to make one edit to the Attach Mod install.txt file :
Around line 410:

# around line 742
unset($delete_type);

}

Change to:

# around line 750
unset($delete_type);

Note, there is no closing bracket in the file on that line, also the line of code moved down a few lines.

I made a post on this 1 or 2 pages back.
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
Jadestone

Post by Jadestone »

does anyone have the premodded file or know the edits for attachment mod and PCP on phpbb 2.0.18?

i have it working but i cant attach tje files in pm, and i cant see the quota in meberslist or prvmsgs....

i really need these><

lol thanks in advance^^

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”