Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

ensignkid

Re: Missing text when attaching or viewing the attachment...

Post by ensignkid » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:26 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
ensignkid wrote:I am missing the text inside the white button when I attach a file. I'm not sure what I need to edit to get some text in there...here's a screenshot.

I am also missing the text for the attachment description, size, and views...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm thinking you missed this edit:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
# 
includes/functions.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# around line 319
	//
	// Set up style

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------
# 
	include_attach_lang();
Wow, that worked perfectly...thanks!

adamm22

Re: inline display issue

Post by adamm22 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:29 pm

adamm22 wrote:
I am also having issues displaying the attachments inline in the forums...

Screws up template

1) I am using another style (not subsilver) ... It expands the entire table, and screws up the template.

2) it does not display the entire attachment table

3) it looks perfect when I PREVIEW the post, but not after its submitted.

Works beautifully in the preview

I have checked out the "viewtopic_attach_body.tpl" and tried to fool around with the tables, but no change. It keeps expanding larger than my template.

What could I do to fix this issue??

- adamm

You're fooling around with the right template file. Try changing some of the table widths to under 100%. Remember that there are 4 or 5 sections in that file each dealing with a different type of file so you'll need to change them all.

Thanks DavidIQ for reply ... appreciate it :?

I know I'm fooling around with the right file, and I know there are several different tables for the different file types.

I have even tried making a whole new table with the vars in it.. and it still doesn't work. The table width is at 95%, I tried setting it to 50% or 150 pixels and other variations of that. I don't understand how it can work fine in the preview, hell it looks sweet in the preview, but it goes all screwy in the final post. Is there maybe a separate tpl file for the attachment displays in the preview window?? :?:

I tried totally removing the tables and using just plain text... this works, so I know it has something to do with the table, but is defintiely not very pleasing on the eye. I also don't understand why it is cutting the table off at the bottom.

Any ideas? I can send you code snippets if you want...

Thanks DavidIQ and anyone else who can help...

- adamm

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:45 pm

uncle Albert wrote: Hey all,
Could I ask for some advice on where I've gone wrong with this one?..
I've installed easymod and using that have also installed this attachment mod but I'm getting error messages that I'm not sure how to correct.
I'm assuming I've missed a step somewhere but haven't been able to figure it and would really appreciate the advice of someone with more experience..
This is what I'm getting..

Warning: main(./attach_mod/attachment_mod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/common.php on line 220

Warning: main(./attach_mod/attachment_mod.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/common.php on line 220

Warning: main(): Failed opening './attach_mod/attachment_mod.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/common.php on line 220

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/common.php:220) in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/includes/sessions.php on line 258

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/common.php:220) in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/includes/sessions.php on line 259

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: include_attach_lang() in /home3/try10001/public_html/carpark/includes/functions.php on line 319

Could someone point me in the right direction to put this right please?

You're most probably missing the attach_mod folder from your forum. Upload that folder to your forum's root folder.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

B-Rad508

Question about attachments not visible in posts.

Post by B-Rad508 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:45 am

Hello,

Awesome mod - I cant wait until it is running properly.

I manually installed this mod into my phpbb2 installation and edited all of the necessary files.

Currently I am able to attach files to posts but they are not visible in the actual post.

Is there any way someone can tell me which particlar file would cause this behavior and what to look for?

You help is greatly appreciated.

goldenspacek

Post by goldenspacek » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:15 am

DavidIQ wrote:
goldenspacek wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
goldenspacek wrote:I just got done installing this, and when I click on a category, it doesn't show any topics. I checked the view topic files and I have the edits in there. This is with the subsilver. Here is the site

http://www.cpsskyware.com/antiquecanewo ... um.php?f=2

Try restoring your viewforum_body.tpl file and if that doesn't work try restoring viewtopic.php.

That brings back the information, but I don't have any of the uploading features now... Ideas?

Now you'll need to go through the install.txt file and reapply any edits for both files. It's only a handfull of edits.

It still doesn't do anything...

Pitsulino

Post by Pitsulino » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:05 am

Hi,

I'm from Argentina.

Sorry, i' ve just read the Topic title.
I' ve downloaded the Attachmen MOD and I want to install in My forum but it's not in Spnish [Argentina] language.

Does someone know how can I find this language? Where can I find a MOD similar to this one?

Thanks a lot! :lol:

PD: Sorry for my English, it's very poor, I know... :cry:

Bye!
Pitsulino.

Holger

Post by Holger » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:33 am

Hi,

I would like to amend the viewtopic_attach_body.tpl.
If I set the permissions to view/download attachments to REG or above I would like to show a message to guests, something like
Only registered users are allowed to see attachments!

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

/Holger

imoore

No attach option visible

Post by imoore » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi,
I've just installed this mod on my unmodified phpBB2 ver 2.0.19.
I downloaded the mod from the link on this forum and unzipped it into the root of my phpBB2 installation, ran the install script which said it installed successfully.
Then I downloaded the premod files for 2.0.19, unzipped those and copied them over to my install.
Now I get the attach mod options in the Admin Panel. I've configured it and made sure all the forums have this mod enabled. The Test Settings button in Attachments, Management reports everything seems OK.

When I go to a forum (any forum) and click reply or new topic or private message, I don't see any Attach buttons, icons or anything. (I logged off & on again & did a shift+refresh on the compose page just to be sure).

I've had a look at posting.php in my install and the first few mods specified in install.txt are there, so I believe that file at least is the premod version.

To save me having to check that every mod is present in every file, are there some specific ones I should check first to make the attach option show up?

Are there some options in the admin section I might have missed? (As far as I can see the the default options should work, at least to have the attach options display in a new message, even if they don't work.)

Cheers,
Ian

Holger

Post by Holger » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:55 pm

Are you logged in as admin?
Did you change the forum-permissions?

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:10 pm

goldenspacek wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
goldenspacek wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
goldenspacek wrote:I just got done installing this, and when I click on a category, it doesn't show any topics. I checked the view topic files and I have the edits in there. This is with the subsilver. Here is the site

http://www.cpsskyware.com/antiquecanewo ... um.php?f=2

Try restoring your viewforum_body.tpl file and if that doesn't work try restoring viewtopic.php.

That brings back the information, but I don't have any of the uploading features now... Ideas?

Now you'll need to go through the install.txt file and reapply any edits for both files. It's only a handfull of edits.

It still doesn't do anything...

I see your edit to viewtopic_body.tpl but there's no way for me to verify your viewtopic.php file. Check it to see if it has the edits. That's the only thing I can think of that would be missing.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:12 pm

Pitsulino wrote: Hi,

I'm from Argentina.

Sorry, i' ve just read the Topic title.
I' ve downloaded the Attachmen MOD and I want to install in My forum but it's not in Spnish [Argentina] language.

Does someone know how can I find this language? Where can I find a MOD similar to this one?

Thanks a lot! :lol:

PD: Sorry for my English, it's very poor, I know... :cry:

Bye!

Spanish language pack is at www.opentools.de

dicevaughn

Post by dicevaughn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:00 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Ok...let me register and check it out that way.

Hi sir, any luck with the post editing problem that I have?

Redenergy

Post by Redenergy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:40 am

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_var() in /home/domain/public_html/forum/admin/admin_attach_cp.php on line 57
Whats that about?
And if i change settings in attachment managment it wont change.
Everything is blank back, and attach. mod is disabled.

Once i got it working, but then i installed my forum again, did backup and restored it. Then installed Categories Hierarchy mod. I downloaded that
attachment mod which should work with it.
Can someone please help me

ppphhhppp

Post by ppphhhppp » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:00 am

hi all=)

first of all restecpa to all who had to do with this fine mod =)

i have a little prob though... it seems all installed well (did it the long way since my board is modded allready)
i can change permissions for where the uploads are allowed etcetc...
the only prob is:

i cant see the the ->Attachments in the ->Administration Panel...
there is no menu point that i can select in my admin panel... does anybody know what this might be?

thx in advance for your help :D

all the best,

me :D

edit: pls m8s, can someone point this out to me? thx :)
Last edited by ppphhhppp on Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quimin'i

Post by quimin'i » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:48 pm

i want to change the Download Layout; but when i change the code it wont download the fike.

Original code:

<table width="95%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" class="attachtable" align="center">
	<tr>
		<td width="100%" colspan="3" class="attachheader" align="center"><b><span class="gen">{postrow.attach.attachrow.DOWNLOAD_NAME}</span></b></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td width="15%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{L_DESCRIPTION}:</span></td>
		<td width="75%" class="attachrow">
			<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" align="center">
			<tr>
				<td class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">{postrow.attach.attachrow.COMMENT}</span></td>
			</tr>
			</table>
		</td>
		<td rowspan="4" align="center" width="10%" class="attachrow">{postrow.attach.attachrow.S_UPLOAD_IMAGE}<br /><a href="{postrow.attach.attachrow.U_DOWNLOAD_LINK}" {postrow.attach.attachrow.TARGET_BLANK} class="genmed"><b>{L_DOWNLOAD}</b></a></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td width="15%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{L_FILENAME}:</span></td>
		<td width="75%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.DOWNLOAD_NAME}</span></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td width="15%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{L_FILESIZE}:</span></td>
		<td width="75%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.FILESIZE} {postrow.attach.attachrow.SIZE_VAR}</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td width="15%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.L_DOWNLOADED_VIEWED}:</span></td>
		<td width="75%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.L_DOWNLOAD_COUNT}</span></td>
	</tr>
	</table>
My code:

<table width="95%" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" class="attachtable" align="center">
  <tr> 
    <td width="100%" colspan="3" class="attachheader" align="center"><b><span class="gen">{postrow.attach.attachrow.DOWNLOAD_NAME}</span></b></td>
  </tr>
  <tr> 
    <td width="100%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{L_FILENAME}:</span></td>
    <td width="75%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{L_FILESIZE}:</span></td>
    <td align="center" width="10%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.L_DOWNLOADED_VIEWED}:</span></td>
  </tr>
  <tr> 
    <td width="100%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.DOWNLOAD_NAME}</span></td>
    <td width="75%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.FILESIZE} 
      {postrow.attach.attachrow.SIZE_VAR}</span></td>
    <td align="center" width="10%" class="attachrow"><span class="genmed">&nbsp;{postrow.attach.attachrow.L_DOWNLOAD_COUNT}</span></td>
  </tr>
  <tr> 
    <td class="attachrow" colspan="3"><div align="center">{postrow.attach.attachrow.S_UPLOAD_IMAGE}<br />
        <a href="%7Bpostrow.attach.attachrow.U_DOWNLOAD_LINK%7D" {postrow.attach.attachrow.target_blank} class="genmed"><b>{L_DOWNLOAD}</b></a></div></td>
  </tr>
</table>
please help me
Thanks
Quim

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”