Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

imoore
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by imoore » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:55 am

DavidIQ wrote: Check your config.php file. The table prefix is supposed to be set from there.


Yes, it's set correctly there:
<?php
// phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'postgres';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'bboard';
$dbuser = 'www';
$dbpasswd = 'xxxxx';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
?>

I've managed to fix it now - I think there was a problem in the mod files.
I moved my old installation and reinstalled from scratch into a new database. Then I installed the mod and edited $dbname to point back to the old database.
Then it was just a matter of copying images etc from the backup copy and all is well!
Cheers,
Ian

MODCAR
Registered User
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:09 am
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Post by MODCAR » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:06 am

I have a problem with this mod.

in the admin pannel:

Under 'Attachments'

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in D:\Websites\importpower.org.nz\forums\admin\admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

alshares_admin
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by alshares_admin » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:36 pm

oh my god , almost 1000 pages of replays :cry:

HOW CAN I FIND WHAT ERRORS IN IT :oops:

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17059
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:01 pm

MODCAR wrote: I have a problem with this mod.

in the admin pannel:

Under 'Attachments'

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function include_attach_lang() in D:\Websites\importpower.org.nz\forums\admin\admin_attach_cp.php on line 52

This was answered in the previous page. Check.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17059
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:02 pm

alshares_admin wrote: oh my god , almost 1000 pages of replays :cry:

HOW CAN I FIND WHAT ERRORS IN IT :oops:

Use the search feature and change the "Display results as:" to Posts.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

aphpuser
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by aphpuser » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm

I have encounter a problem that I can't seem to debug. When uploading and downloading a 1MB file, it takes around 40-50 seconds to complete. I know it could take this long if my server is somewhere else but everything is local on my intranet.

I have the Category Hierarchies mod and aqua style installed. I don't have any other mods besides these two.

I did another test by installing phpATM version 1.30. To my surprised, it has the same effect. I'm thinking that it could be PHP itself that is causing this slowness. I went thru PHP.INI looking for any obvious settings but didn't find one that I think may have cause this slowness issue.

Then I thought about it and it could be my web server so I decided to do a simple test by having a HTML file with a reference link directly to the 1 MB file just to see if I have the slowness problem. I launch my browser, click on the link and it brings up the file right away. Probably not my web server then.

I also try switching from inline to physical for the download method to see if it does the same thing. Physical download method works like a charm. Basically, it sends the file to the browser for display. This brings up the file quickly just as I have expected it.

I thought that it could be MySQL database also that's slowing things down but it can't be since phpATM doesn't use MySQL for uploading and downloading and it still suffered the same fate.

This really boils down to PHP then. I hope someone can shed some lights here.

I know I don't have the best environment for running all these stuff but it seems to work fine for now.

This is my environment:

MySQL 5 community edition
PHP 5
Keyfocus Web Server v3.01
P4 2.4Ghz
2 Gb RAM
over 1 Tb of HD space
WinXP Pro w/ SP2

Like I said earlier this is not the best environment so please refrain from asking me why I choose Windows instead of Linux or Keyfocus Web Server instead of Apache.

Thanks.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17059
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 pm

aphpuser wrote: Like I said earlier this is not the best environment so please refrain from asking me why I choose Windows instead of Linux or Keyfocus Web Server instead of Apache.

Thanks.

Who says Linux is sooooo much better than Windows? :roll: It might be for certain things but I haven't found these things.

Anyways...I'm running a Windows 2003 server machine on a P3 450mhz, 512MB 10GB computer and have no issues with php or MySQL. I'd say you should maybe try to uninstall and re-install php and see if that helps any.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:53 pm

Are you using the ftp method, or the move/copy method ? While uploading, check also the processes running with the windows process list.

aphpuser
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by aphpuser » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:22 am

I'm using the move/copy method. I'll try to eliminate some process later on tonight to see if it helps.

As far as Linux vs Windows... it all depends on one's situation. If I have the money to buy a computer simply for running Linux with MySQL, PHP and Apache then for sure I won't have these problems. But, as mosts of us don't have the luxury of doing that we have to settle for a single box to do everything. That means we'll need the Windows/Gnome/KDE, etc environment along with some other nice applications. We're running phpBB at work under Linux and we don't experience this problem. I"m sure that other Windows users don't have this problem either. It's probably something to do with my system as a whole. It could be some other processes that are running that's causing it to be very slow. It could be PHP itself.

Anyways, the reason I ask is to get suggestions on what to do to resolve this problem.

Please feel free to give advise.

Thanks.

I'll update again after doing some more tests.

galenlott
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:03 am

Post by galenlott » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:32 am

I cant view any of my topics......im not sure if its this mod or any other ones cause i have chatbox mod and ezportal along with this one. im only using subSilver. can any one help me plz. Here is error message:


Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_us' at line 1

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.user_level p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 6 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php

aphpuser
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Post by aphpuser » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:00 am

Update: I have tracked this down. I re-install everything onto my other PC. It had the same result. Slow upload and download. I then decided to swap out my web server and see if I have the same problem. I started off with IIS6. Well.... it's more trouble than it's worth with IIS. I can't get the darn thing to recognize PHP at all. It could be because I'm doing all this under x64. In any case, I didn't spend much time with it anymore and decided to just use Apache2. Got Apache installed, configured and running. Tried out uploading and downloading. To my surprise, it's fast and quick. My 1MB file doesn't take 50 seconds to upload or download anymore. :lol:

Long story short, I ditched KeyFocus Web server and went with Apache2. Works faster and no more slowness. :P

The_Boss
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by The_Boss » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:52 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
alshares_admin wrote:oh my god , almost 1000 pages of replays :cry:

HOW CAN I FIND WHAT ERRORS IN IT :oops:

Use the search feature and change the "Display results as:" to Posts.


When I use the Search feature, I get a blank white page! :? Maybe it time to prune the entire forum.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17059
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:46 pm

galenlott wrote: I cant view any of my topics......im not sure if its this mod or any other ones cause i have chatbox mod and ezportal along with this one. im only using subSilver. can any one help me plz. Here is error message:


Could not obtain post/user information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_us' at line 1

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u.user_msnm, u.user_viewemail, u.user_rank, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid, u.user_avatar, u.user_avatar_type, u.user_allowavatar, u.user_allowsmile, u.user_level p.*, pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = 6 AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id ORDER BY p.post_time ASC LIMIT 0, 15

Line : 399
File : viewtopic.php

That has nothing to do with this mod. You'll need to post that in the phpBB Support forum. BTW I don't know that p.* is a valid SQL command...
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17059
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:48 pm

The_Boss wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
alshares_admin wrote:oh my god , almost 1000 pages of replays :cry:

HOW CAN I FIND WHAT ERRORS IN IT :oops:

Use the search feature and change the "Display results as:" to Posts.


When I use the Search feature, I get a blank white page! :? Maybe it time to prune the entire forum.

That would probably take days :shock: :lol:
What's the error you're getting anyways?
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

The_Boss
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:50 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by The_Boss » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:05 pm

DavidIQ wrote: That would probably take days :shock: :lol:
What's the error you're getting anyways?


My entire site became a blank white page, and in the modcp_body.tpl, I couldn't Find anything it was telling me to look for.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”