Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

DefinitiveJuxx

Post by DefinitiveJuxx »

I have the attachment mod installed on a v 2.0.17. I want to upgrade to 2.0.20. Should I just "upload changed files"? I just want to make sure I don't loose any attached files.

Thank you.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

BlueSync wrote: i isntalled and it doesn't show at all. The admin panel and everything works fine, but the attachment upload field doesn't show when youa re posting a topic, or private messaging.

I am using the Morpheus skn by the way..

And it wasn't until I got to the templates when i started having trouble finding where things went.... I cut off somethings maybe..

Check your posting_body.tpl file.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

DefinitiveJuxx wrote: I have the attachment mod installed on a v 2.0.17. I want to upgrade to 2.0.20. Should I just "upload changed files"? I just want to make sure I don't loose any attached files.

Thank you.

You should do this ONLY if you don't have any other mods installed. Otherwise you're likely to break them or your forum.
BlueSync

Post by BlueSync »

Ok, actually I got it working somehow... Except now... You can't see the attachments at all. I uploaded, and it's recorded in the logs and everything, but when you view the topic, nothing.

Now I'm getting some weird thing under my avatar.

http://www.urflair.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25

UPDATE

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!! AHAHHA, OMG AWESOME MOD HAHAHA LUVIN IT!
DefinitiveJuxx

Post by DefinitiveJuxx »

DavidIQ wrote:
DefinitiveJuxx wrote:I have the attachment mod installed on a v 2.0.17. I want to upgrade to 2.0.20. Should I just "upload changed files"? I just want to make sure I don't loose any attached files.

Thank you.

You should do this ONLY if you don't have any other mods installed. Otherwise you're likely to break them or your forum.

Ok, I'm pretty sure that's all I have :roll: Is there a safer way to go about this?
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

DefinitiveJuxx wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
DefinitiveJuxx wrote:I have the attachment mod installed on a v 2.0.17. I want to upgrade to 2.0.20. Should I just "upload changed files"? I just want to make sure I don't loose any attached files.

Thank you.

Ok, I'm pretty sure that's all I have :roll: Is there a safer way to go about this?

First you download the changed files phpBB 2.0.20 package and apply the 2.0.17 to 2.0.20 files and run the update_to_latest.php included with it. Then you upload the latest attachment mod premodified files and run the update_to_latest.php script for that and you should be golden.
graps

please help me

Post by graps »

hello dear DavidIQ

Still i don't know how to install attachment mod.Can you install me the attachment mod.please send me email me at irufaahu@gmail.com
then i will give you my user and name ftp password.
thank you.
DavidIQ

Re: please help me

Post by DavidIQ »

graps wrote: hello dear DavidIQ

Still i don't know how to install attachment mod.Can you install me the attachment mod.please send me email me at irufaahu@gmail.com
then i will give you my user and name ftp password.
thank you.

http://www.davidiq.com/services.htm
ducatisti

Post by ducatisti »

DavidIQ wrote:
ducatisti wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
ducatisti wrote:I installed Attachment Mod 2.3.13 some time ago and I now have a problem. The directory in which the attachments are uploaded appears to have a limit of 100MB. Every new attachment currently uploaded appears to deleted old attachments in oldest date order first.

How can I increase the allowed size of the 'attachments' folder?

Many thanks
Dan

I don't think this has anything to do with this mod unless you're talking about the upload quotas.

Hi David.... thanks for the speedy reply!
If I go into the 'File Attachment Control Panel' (via my phpbb Administration Panel), I can see that my 'Total Filesize:' is currently 94.98 MB. I believe this allowance is set to a maximum of 100MB somewhere ut I can't find where. I would like to increase this attachment allocation 300MB, can you help?

Kind regards
Dan

The Attachment Quota settings are under Management in the Attachments group of ACP.

Hi David, I sincerely hope I'm not being a muppet here???? However on the page you've mentioned I can alter the 'Attachment Filesizes' and 'Maximum Number of Attachments' for individual posts and the 'Default Quota Limit' for individual members.... but my problem is that I believe the 'Files' folder that all my forums attachments get stored into has a quota limit of 100MB and I can't find where that limit is being set.

Many thanks
Dan
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

ducatisti wrote: Hi David, I sincerely hope I'm not being a muppet here???? However on the page you've mentioned I can alter the 'Attachment Filesizes' and 'Maximum Number of Attachments' for individual posts and the 'Default Quota Limit' for individual members.... but my problem is that I believe the 'Files' folder that all my forums attachments get stored into has a quota limit of 100MB and I can't find where that limit is being set.

Many thanks
Dan

See if this helps you:

http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quota8fg.jpg
ducatisti

Post by ducatisti »

The right-hand frame you've shown in your screenshot appears under my 'Attachments/Management' section and not the 'Attachments/Quota Limits' as you've highlighted. However the 'Attachment Quota' setting is set to '0' (Unlimited) and always has been since the Mod was added last year, although I've just typed '0' again just in case.

Do you know which database table the 'Quota Limits' are stored in, as it may provide a few more clues?

Thanks
Dan
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

ducatisti wrote: The right-hand frame you've shown in your screenshot appears under my 'Attachments/Management' section and not the 'Attachments/Quota Limits' as you've highlighted. However the 'Attachment Quota' setting is set to '0' (Unlimited) and always has been since the Mod was added last year, although I've just typed '0' again just in case.

Do you know which database table the 'Quota Limits' are stored in, as it may provide a few more clues?

Thanks
Dan

It's in table phpbb_attachments_config and I think it's the attachment_quota row.
ducatisti

Post by ducatisti »

Thanks David.... but the database values all appear to be correct!
Off to have a chat to my hosting now!
wb6vpm

Post by wb6vpm »

is the MOD still available or just the changed files? as i have a heavily modded board, i dont want to just dump the changed files in and take out my board
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

wb6vpm wrote: is the MOD still available or just the changed files? as i have a heavily modded board, i dont want to just dump the changed files in and take out my board

You should be able to use the package that's in the first message to this gigantic thread or get it from www.opentools.de and go through the manual installation steps.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”