Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Wed May 31, 2006 9:03 am

For some reason, If I post a new topic and attach a file it works, but if I edit a current topic or try to post in a current topic the attachment won't even show up..
http://www.ryan1918.com More than security.

NBorges

Question about Attachment Mod V2.4.1

Post by NBorges » Wed May 31, 2006 11:56 am

Hello Every Body,
I allready made the install of this mod and work great,
Now My problem is:
When i put a new template in my forum, i put all needed files (attachment mod)in the correct place to work, but with this new template when i made a new post, do not show me the attach option, what do i need to do to put this thing working, with this new template

By the way if i put "default" template (subsilver) it works.

Best Regards
Nuno Borges

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: Question about Attachment Mod V2.4.1

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 31, 2006 3:09 pm

NBorges wrote: Hello Every Body,
I allready made the install of this mod and work great,
Now My problem is:
When i put a new template in my forum, i put all needed files (attachment mod)in the correct place to work, but with this new template when i made a new post, do not show me the attach option, what do i need to do to put this thing working, with this new template

By the way if i put "default" template (subsilver) it works.

Best Regards
Nuno Borges

You need to do all the .tpl file edits listed in docs/install.txt to your template files.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 31, 2006 3:13 pm

ryan1918dotcom wrote: For some reason, If I post a new topic and attach a file it works, but if I edit a current topic or try to post in a current topic the attachment won't even show up..

Can't help you if you have attachment mod disabled...

enrique.delgado

Post by enrique.delgado » Wed May 31, 2006 4:30 pm

enrique.delgado wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:There are no changes from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 in regards to this MOD. So hypothetically all you have to upgrade are the actual phpBB files from .19 to .20. Have fun! :lol:

Wooo, very tempting...

:!: Well, I updated phpBB to 2.0.20 from 2.0.19 and it broke this MOD and could not see any postings in the entire forum lol.

I was getting this error:

Code: Select all

[client 150.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function attach_build_auth_levels() in /xxx/phpBB2/viewforum.php on line 371, referer: http://xxx/index.php?sid=7d615104e47ca66aaf4e7b492af5780d

I had to do a partial re-installation; I re-applied the pre-modded files of this MOD for version 2.0.20 and it started working again. Just a heads up for anyone else upgrading their otherwise vanilla phpBB installation 8O

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Wed May 31, 2006 5:58 pm

It's not disabled..

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 31, 2006 6:32 pm

ryan1918dotcom wrote: It's not disabled..

Some forums you have it set to not allow regular users to post I guess. Anyways...
http://www.ryan1918.org/viewtopic.php?p=19296#19296

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 31, 2006 6:37 pm

enrique.delgado wrote:
enrique.delgado wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:There are no changes from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 in regards to this MOD. So hypothetically all you have to upgrade are the actual phpBB files from .19 to .20. Have fun! :lol:

Wooo, very tempting...

:!: Well, I updated phpBB to 2.0.20 from 2.0.19 and it broke this MOD and could not see any postings in the entire forum lol.

[client 150.x.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function attach_build_auth_levels() in /xxx/phpBB2/viewforum.php on line 371, referer: http://xxx/index.php?sid=7d615104e47ca66aaf4e7b492af5780d

I had to do a partial re-installation; I re-applied the pre-modded files of this MOD for version 2.0.20 and it started working again. Just a heads up for anyone else upgrading their otherwise vanilla phpBB installation 8O

Well...if you replace the files on your forum with the changed files then it follows that you have to redo some of the edits...specifically those done to the files that changed because, obviously, this mod doesn't currently come preinstalled in the phpBB package.

enrique.delgado

Post by enrique.delgado » Wed May 31, 2006 7:13 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
enrique.delgado wrote:
enrique.delgado wrote:

Wooo, very tempting...

Well...if you replace the files on your forum with the changed files then it follows that you have to redo some of the edits...specifically those done to the files that changed because, obviously, this mod doesn't currently come preinstalled in the phpBB package.

Sure, I just thought you said that the update to .20 from .19 would not affect this MOD at all; sorry for the misunderstanding :)

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 31, 2006 7:20 pm

enrique.delgado wrote: Sure, I just thought you said that the update to .20 from .19 would not affect this MOD at all; sorry for the misunderstanding :)

I think the misunderstanding was me not being more specific about the "upgrading". There's a ezMOD style upgrade document which you would use to go into your files and do the edits manually. This way would have been wayyy longer though but you obviously did good the way you did it though. 8)

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:00 am

Yes it works that way, but if I go to a a thread I started try to add some pictures, it shows I edited it but no attachments show up..

mrz77

Cannot write to files directory

Post by mrz77 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:42 am

Hi. I have been trying to get this great mod working, but testing the settings from the control panel always gives me:
Directory 'files' is not writeable. You'll have to create the upload path and chmod it to 777 (or change the owner to you httpd-servers owner) to upload files.
If you have only plain ftp-access change the 'Attribute' of the directory to rwxrwxrwx.

I DID set 777 to the files directory, and i'm sure, that the directory I chmod-ed is the right one, because I have tried (for debug puroposes) to rename it to something different, and then the error message was that the directory doesn't exist.
I also chgrp-ed and chown-ed the directory to the http-s usergroup and username, but I still keep getting this error.
There is no .htaccess file in the directory (and in any directory of my phpbb setup).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DavidIQ

Re: Cannot write to files directory

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:37 am

mrz77 wrote: Hi. I have been trying to get this great mod working, but testing the settings from the control panel always gives me:
Directory 'files' is not writeable. You'll have to create the upload path and chmod it to 777 (or change the owner to you httpd-servers owner) to upload files.
If you have only plain ftp-access change the 'Attribute' of the directory to rwxrwxrwx.

I DID set 777 to the files directory, and i'm sure, that the directory I chmod-ed is the right one, because I have tried (for debug puroposes) to rename it to something different, and then the error message was that the directory doesn't exist.
I also chgrp-ed and chown-ed the directory to the http-s usergroup and username, but I still keep getting this error.
There is no .htaccess file in the directory (and in any directory of my phpbb setup).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have a Linux/Unix box right? Because if it's a Windows box the way to do this is totally different.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:38 am

ryan1918dotcom wrote: Yes it works that way, but if I go to a a thread I started try to add some pictures, it shows I edited it but no attachments show up..

Oh so you're referring to when you edit your post and try to add an attachment then it doesn't do it...right?

mrz77

Re: Cannot write to files directory

Post by mrz77 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 pm

DavidIQ wrote: You have a Linux/Unix box right? Because if it's a Windows box the way to do this is totally different.

Yes, of course this is a linux box :) .

Linux 2.5.16.1-rsbac x86_64 GNU/Linux.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”