Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:10 am
Location: michigan
Contact:

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:21 am

hmm, fixed that one file but still not working, even relooked over the entire code..
Image
http://www.ryan1918.com More than security.

mrz77
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:05 am

Re: Cannot write to files directory

Post by mrz77 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:49 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Not sure how to help you there. Check your box configurations is all I can tell you. You have a URL you can share?


I spoke to the system administrator, and it turned out, he had configured something with RSBAC, that prohibited any PHP script to write to disk. He reconfigured RSBAC to allow writing to the files directory, and now everything is fine.

You might want to write this down somewhere, just in case someone runs into this problem again.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers.

nesshentai
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:44 am

Upload error

Post by nesshentai » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:29 am

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/filesor_124.jpg.

That's the error I keep on getting when I try to upload a file, could someone please tell me what is wrong?

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: Upload error

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:04 pm

nesshentai wrote: Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/filesor_124.jpg.

That's the error I keep on getting when I try to upload a file, could someone please tell me what is wrong?

That's easy....you didn't set your "files" folder to writeable (777 on a unix box).
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:09 pm

ryan1918dotcom wrote: hmm, fixed that one file but still not working, even relooked over the entire code..

Send over what you have for functions.php and functions_post.php
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

GTF
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by GTF » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:33 pm

DavidIQ wrote: And what's the matter with EasyMOD? Should have been a 2 minute installation after you uploaded it and ran it in EZMOD (other than reports of the common.php edit being skipped by it).


Reading this gave me a glimmer of hope, but confuses me since Attachment MOD Version: 2.4.3 (install.txt) clearly says
Please note that this Mod is NOT written to be EasyMod compatible (i haven't tested it).
## - Please follow the installation instructions as strict as you can.


I very much need the capabilities of the Attachment Mod, but due to health my computer time is very limited, so being able to successfully utilize Easy Mod would really make a huge difference for me.

Any encouragement re using EasyMOD to install this MOD would be very much appreciated !

Thanks.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:18 pm

GTF wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:And what's the matter with EasyMOD? Should have been a 2 minute installation after you uploaded it and ran it in EZMOD (other than reports of the common.php edit being skipped by it).


Reading this gave me a glimmer of hope, but confuses me since Attachment MOD Version: 2.4.3 (install.txt) clearly says
Please note that this Mod is NOT written to be EasyMod compatible (i haven't tested it).
## - Please follow the installation instructions as strict as you can.


I very much need the capabilities of the Attachment Mod, but due to health my computer time is very limited, so being able to successfully utilize Easy Mod would really make a huge difference for me.

Any encouragement re using EasyMOD to install this MOD would be very much appreciated !

Thanks.

Most people that use EasyMOD report problems with the common.php edit but are easily able to just run EasyMOD and then edit common.php manually.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

GTF
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by GTF » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply and the great news. :)

I'll look for the info I need to modify in common.php (I've seen references to it, but not the actual correction necessary to it.)

Thanks again !

GTF
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by GTF » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Well here's an odd new one on me. I uploaded the Attachments Mod under the admin/mod directory, but after logging into EasyMod to install, the Mod isn't showing up as available.

I tried uploading the directory structure with and without the main folder entitled attachments_244, but neither way does it show up.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:41 pm

From what I remember, EasyMOD reads the install file from the base folder of the mod's folder doesn't it? So I assume you need to move the docs/install.txt file to there. Don't quote me on that though since I haven't used EMOD in years. But if it works then now you know :wink:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

GTF
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by GTF » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Thanks again for the speedy reply and suggestion. I'll give that a go and update this post to let post viewers know if it worked for me. :)

Update: Putting install.txt directly under the main admin/mod area didn't work for me. What did:

Moved all subdirectories under the folder named attachment_mod directly into the admin/mod folder. Then the mod showed up as available to install in EasyMOD.

Now going to install the mod. :)

SECOND UPDATE:

Well, the Gods weren't smiling on me today. After EasyMOD reported successful install, got the common.php error messages, uploaded the revised common.php, but then received a bunch of other error messages related to not finding various attach Mod files. So I think putting the whole mod directly in the EasyMOD folder and putting the install.txt file directly therein so EasyMOD would see the Mod to install, wasn't the answer.

At this point I've restored the site and related mySQL to pre-Attach Mod state.

If anyone has successfully installed this mod via EasyMOD and knows the magic formula to installing via same, I'd sure appreciate them sharing how to do it with me.

Thanks!

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:53 pm

GTF wrote: Thanks again for the speedy reply and suggestion. I'll give that a go and update this post to let post viewers know if it worked for me. :)

Update: Putting install.txt directly under the main admin/mod area didn't work for me. What did:

Moved all subdirectories under the folder named attachment_mod directly into the admin/mod folder. Then the mod showed up as available to install in EasyMOD.

Now going to install the mod. :)

SECOND UPDATE:

Well, the Gods weren't smiling on me today. After EasyMOD reported successful install, got the common.php error messages, uploaded the revised common.php, but then received a bunch of other error messages related to not finding various attach Mod files. So I think putting the whole mod directly in the EasyMOD folder and putting the install.txt file directly therein so EasyMOD would see the Mod to install, wasn't the answer.

At this point I've restored the site and related mySQL to pre-Attach Mod state.

If anyone has successfully installed this mod via EasyMOD and knows the magic formula to installing via same, I'd sure appreciate them sharing how to do it with me.

Thanks!

The copy commands aren't included in the install.txt file so all you had to do was copy the contents of the zip file to your forum's root folder and you would have been ready to go after having had EasyMOD do the rest of the install. Of course you have to run the install/install.php database edit script as well but I'm sure you figured that much.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

GTF
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by GTF » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:58 pm

Well I just now read your last post. I came up with a different resolution (more labor intensive than it had to be I surmise LOL) to successfully get it installed and working, but I'm happy to report the mission was successfully completed ! :)

Thanks again for the help and speedy responses - very much appreciated that !

chris3471
Registered User
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Post by chris3471 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:52 pm

Where's the code changes or update to go from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1?

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17079
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:33 am

chris3471 wrote: Where's the code changes or update to go from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1?

Just download the latest version, replace all files with the ones included with the zip file, and run the install/update_to_latest.php file and you're done.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”