Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

wideawake
Registered User
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:35 am

Post by wideawake » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:27 pm

tried that and it is still popping up on the ppc as download.php. anymore suggestions? I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
~Mike

ximpdbydefault
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:13 am

Post by ximpdbydefault » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:59 pm

DavidIQ wrote: If you control your FTP server then check to see if your script or general timeout is set too low.


I dont have settings for either of these on my home ftp server, but results are the same as with the other two servers. Even if such settings existed or editable by the end user, then the upload side of it would have restrictions as well. There has to be something to do with the inline code that doesnt work quite well, but will admit that Im 50% (If not more) dumb when it comes to that.

The function/method for renaming the files to add the three digits to the end of these files is understandable, but this shouldnt be the rule, and possibly the exception, therefore it should have an option.

The logical method: It's for pointing the User to the correct Attachment and presenting them the correct Name for the Attachment, even if it's saved differently at your webspace.
The physical method: This will point the attachment link to the original File.

humanbot
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:22 pm

help

Post by humanbot » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:08 am

Fatal error: Unknown function: include_attach_lang() in /admin/admin_extensions.php on line 54
i installed mod using pre modded files

plz help me resolve this
Last edited by humanbot on Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17009
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:33 am

wideawake wrote: tried that and it is still popping up on the ppc as download.php. anymore suggestions? I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
~Mike

This will definitely work. I just tried it:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------
#
attach_mod/displaying.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
					'U_DOWNLOAD_LINK'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'download.' . $phpEx . '?id=' . $attachments['_' . $post_id][$i]['attach_id']),

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]--------------------------------------------
#
//					'U_DOWNLOAD_LINK'	=> append_sid($phpbb_root_path . 'download.' . $phpEx . '?id=' . $attachments['_' . $post_id][$i]['attach_id']),
					'U_DOWNLOAD_LINK'	=> $filename,
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

GettingBetter
Registered User
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:08 pm

SQL Error: 1064 - Syntax?

Post by GettingBetter » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:39 am

Couldn't find a search function within this topic and I really don't feel like going through 1031 pages to find the answer. :lol: So...


I've just gotten done installing the Attachment Mod, but it appears I'm getting this error when I go to click on any topic within a forum:

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config)' at line 35

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 674 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config);

Line : 1654
File : viewtopic.php

I also re-did the entire installation (editing files from a backup) but still get the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Is there SQL syntax that I need to edit? I can post files here for people to look at if need be.

I looked in the viewtopic.php file on line 1654, but it appears that line of code had been there all along.

Thanks!

wideawake
Registered User
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:35 am

Post by wideawake » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:52 am

Your a genius! :D Thank you so very much for all your time and help. Also would like to donate $3.44 to ya. Its all I got on my prepaid credit card. I really do appreciate it though! YOUR THE GREATEST! WOO HOO! 8)

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17009
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:30 am

wideawake wrote: Your a genius! :D Thank you so very much for all your time and help. Also would like to donate $3.44 to ya. Its all I got on my prepaid credit card. I really do appreciate it though! YOUR THE GREATEST! WOO HOO! 8)

Thank you for your generosity :D
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17009
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: SQL Error: 1064 - Syntax?

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:34 am

GettingBetter wrote: Couldn't find a search function within this topic and I really don't feel like going through 1031 pages to find the answer. :lol: So...


I've just gotten done installing the Attachment Mod, but it appears I'm getting this error when I go to click on any topic within a forum:

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config)' at line 35

SELECT t.topic_id, t.topic_title, t.topic_status, t.topic_replies, t.topic_time, t.topic_type, t.topic_vote, t.topic_last_post_id, f.forum_name, f.forum_status, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 674 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id attach_setup_viewtopic_auth(, SELECT * FROM phpbb_config);

Line : 1654
File : viewtopic.php

I also re-did the entire installation (editing files from a backup) but still get the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Is there SQL syntax that I need to edit? I can post files here for people to look at if need be.

I looked in the viewtopic.php file on line 1654, but it appears that line of code had been there all along.

Thanks!

Put viewtopic.php in PasteBin (link in my sig).
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

wideawake
Registered User
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:35 am

Post by wideawake » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:02 am

DavidIQ wrote:
"wideawake" wrote:Your a genius! :D Thank you so very much for all your time and help. Also would like to donate $3.44 to ya. Its all I got on my prepaid credit card. I really do appreciate it though! YOUR THE GREATEST! WOO HOO! 8)

Thank you for your generosity :D
not a problem! as I really needed this to work from ppcs, now it does. Thanks to you! :)

humanbot
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:22 pm

new problem

Post by humanbot » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:29 am

i ve made the MOD to work... well almost 8O now the problem is the file that is being attched is not displayed in the msg, neither the clip icon that must be present in topic is showing up :( altough files are being uploaded to files directory...what should i do??? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Dolkur
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Dolkur » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:01 am

DavidIQ wrote:
Dolkur wrote:Anyway, and I believe this has security relevance for this mod, how can I change dots in the physical filename to underscores, similar to the umlaut-to-underscore change, which is already taking place?

A user on my board may upload a file called:
'On this day 05.03.06 I had a good time.jpg'.
I think that at the moment the mod changes that file to:
'On_this_day_05.03.06_I_had_a_good_time.jpg'
What I want it to do is change the filename to:
'On_this_day_05_03_06_I_had_a_good_time.jpg'

From what I'm seeing in the code the periods get replaced by underscores anyways so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are your uploads not getting the periods changed to underscores? And how is this a security issue?

Exactly. My experience is that the mod does not replace the periods with underscores.
And I assume that that it has security relevance, if it is possoble to upload Evil_file.php.jpg.

I've got version 2.3.14 of the mod on my board. Any chance that the period-to-underscore code is introduced with a later version?
(because I'm not too thrilled about updating)

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17009
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:40 pm

Dolkur wrote: Exactly. My experience is that the mod does not replace the periods with underscores.
And I assume that that it has security relevance, if it is possoble to upload Evil_file.php.jpg.

I've got version 2.3.14 of the mod on my board. Any chance that the period-to-underscore code is introduced with a later version?
(because I'm not too thrilled about updating)

Might want to upgrade the mod then. Doesn't require any edits far as I know. All you'd need to do is upload the files included with the mod and run the install/update_to_latest.php and you should be all set.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17009
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: new problem

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 pm

humanbot wrote: i ve made the MOD to work... well almost 8O now the problem is the file that is being attched is not displayed in the msg, neither the clip icon that must be present in topic is showing up :( altough files are being uploaded to files directory...what should i do??? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Check viewforum.php, viewforum_body.tpl, viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl for the correct edits.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

vikmet
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by vikmet » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:08 pm

sorry if is posted before,
i have problem with quota limits i use Freebsd 6.1 Release , phpBB 2.0.21, Attachment Mod 2.4.1
in the setting i'm set quota limit for the files 256K but i'm able to upload larger then that

can anyone help

Dolkur
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:43 am

Post by Dolkur » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:15 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Might want to upgrade the mod then. Doesn't require any edits far as I know. All you'd need to do is upload the files included with the mod and run the install/update_to_latest.php and you should be all set.

Update it is... (god knows what that will do to the mail2forum mod).
Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”