Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
2035
71%
Very Good
444
16%
Good
175
6%
Fair
54
2%
Poor
156
5%
 
Total votes: 2864

JJLodge
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 am

Post by JJLodge » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:02 pm

Hi

i have installed this mod, all looks to work, i get the option to add the image with a browse button, i select an image and it loads up, its added to the file folder inside my ftp i can see this but there is no image on the acually forum, the text shows if i add any but no pic

please what have i done wrong or what can i do

many thanks James


i did post earlier but i think it got missed :) thanks

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:09 pm

JJLodge wrote: Hi

i have installed this mod, all looks to work, i get the option to add the image with a browse button, i select an image and it loads up, its added to the file folder inside my ftp i can see this but there is no image on the acually forum, the text shows if i add any but no pic

please what have i done wrong or what can i do

many thanks James


i did post earlier but i think it got missed :) thanks


ACP -> Extensions -> Special Categories -> Display Images Inlined -> Yes

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Wow...that is weird. The picture is getting resized but not really... :?: :?:

What version of Imagemagick is your host using? I wonder if that would have anything to do with it.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:21 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Wow...that is weird. The picture is getting resized but not really... :?: :?:

What version of Imagemagick is your host using? I wonder if that would have anything to do with it.


yeah i know, i dont' get it ... ImageMagick 6.0.7 is what they said is being used

JJLodge
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 am

Post by JJLodge » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:23 pm

madpwr1 wrote:
JJLodge wrote:Hi

i have installed this mod, all looks to work, i get the option to add the image with a browse button, i select an image and it loads up, its added to the file folder inside my ftp i can see this but there is no image on the acually forum, the text shows if i add any but no pic

please what have i done wrong or what can i do

many thanks James


i did post earlier but i think it got missed :) thanks


ACP -> Extensions -> Special Categories -> Display Images Inlined -> Yes


thanks for reply

it already was on yes, strainge thing is when i select to have the images shown in topic review when adding a post to a thread with already a pic submitted, it shows in there but not in the acual post ?

James

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:35 pm

ok i made some changes

NOW ...

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 0
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it gets thumbnailed, which is correct ... but if a small gif is uploaded it stays moving picture like it should but it gets big in dimensions and becomes clickable to see as the correct dimensions

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 500000
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it DOESN'T get thumbnailed, which is incorrect ... and if a small gif is uploaded becomes a bigger dimensioned still picture that you have to click on to see as correct dimensions and moving

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:42 pm

JJLodge wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:
JJLodge wrote:Hi

i have installed this mod, all looks to work, i get the option to add the image with a browse button, i select an image and it loads up, its added to the file folder inside my ftp i can see this but there is no image on the acually forum, the text shows if i add any but no pic

please what have i done wrong or what can i do

many thanks James


i did post earlier but i think it got missed :) thanks


ACP -> Extensions -> Special Categories -> Display Images Inlined -> Yes


thanks for reply

it already was on yes, strainge thing is when i select to have the images shown in topic review when adding a post to a thread with already a pic submitted, it shows in there but not in the acual post ?

James

Check your viewtopic_body.tpl edit plus your viewtopic.php edit as well.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:47 pm

madpwr1 wrote: ok i made some changes

NOW ...

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 0
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it gets thumbnailed, which is correct ... but if a small gif is uploaded it stays moving picture like it should but it gets big in dimensions and becomes clickable to see as the correct dimensions

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 500000
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it DOESN'T get thumbnailed, which is incorrect ... and if a small gif is uploaded becomes a bigger dimensioned still picture that you have to click on to see as correct dimensions and moving

Sounds like that might be a bug. Should probably report it at www.opentools.de. Right now you have it set so you can't upload an image bigger than 650 X 500 so the user would have to resize anyways before posting.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:ok i made some changes

NOW ...

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 0
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it gets thumbnailed, which is correct ... but if a small gif is uploaded it stays moving picture like it should but it gets big in dimensions and becomes clickable to see as the correct dimensions

Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 500000
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When a picture bigger than 650 x 500 is uploaded it DOESN'T get thumbnailed, which is incorrect ... and if a small gif is uploaded becomes a bigger dimensioned still picture that you have to click on to see as correct dimensions and moving

Sounds like that might be a bug. Should probably report it at www.opentools.de. Right now you have it set so you can't upload an image bigger than 650 X 500 so the user would have to resize anyways before posting.


actually you can post a picture bigger than 650 x 500 ... and to edit this:
Imagick Program -> /usr/bin/convert
Minimum Thumbnail Filesize -> 0
Maximum Image Dimensions -> 650 x 500

When ANY PICTURE is uploaded it gets thumbnailed, no matter the dimensions ... but if a small gif is uploaded it stays moving picture like it should but it gets big in dimensions and becomes clickable to see as the correct dimensions



AHHHHHHH ... i think i just realized something ... Minimum Thumbnail Filesize is the only thing that determines whether a file gets thumbnailed or not ... Maximum Image Dimensions is suppose to limit the upload of a picture with bigger dimensions than that set, which in my case isn't working but not that i really want it to ... but what i'm lookin for is thumbnailing a picture uploaded with bigger dimensions than set regardless of filesize, and filesize to not play a role at all in thumbnailing

i do have UPLOAD PICTURE which you probably saw the button for when posting which does what i said above ... but i thought maybe i could remove that and just use the attachment mod for everything

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:14 pm

This is what I get when I try to:
The Attachment/Image must be less than 650 pixels wide and 500 pixels high
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

JJLodge
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:24 am

Post by JJLodge » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:16 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
JJLodge wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:
JJLodge wrote:Hi

i have installed this mod, all looks to work, i get the option to add the image with a browse button, i select an image and it loads up, its added to the file folder inside my ftp i can see this but there is no image on the acually forum, the text shows if i add any but no pic

please what have i done wrong or what can i do

many thanks James


i did post earlier but i think it got missed :) thanks


ACP -> Extensions -> Special Categories -> Display Images Inlined -> Yes


thanks for reply

it already was on yes, strainge thing is when i select to have the images shown in topic review when adding a post to a thread with already a pic submitted, it shows in there but not in the acual post ?

James

Check your viewtopic_body.tpl edit plus your viewtopic.php edit as well.


i can not remember what file i lookd in to tell me what files to edit, can you direct me to it once more please

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:17 pm

DavidIQ wrote: This is what I get when I try to:
The Attachment/Image must be less than 650 pixels wide and 500 pixels high


o yeah i'm an admin so i'm not limited ... but as a user it does say that ... so i guess that is working properly ... but still what i was lookin for was thumbnailed based on dimensions and not filesize and being able to upload any dimensions just that it gets thumbnailed over a set size ... guess i'll just have to keep the UPLOAD PICTURE option for pictures and use the attachment mod for other things

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:18 pm

The edits are listed in docs/install.txt
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17031
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:20 pm

madpwr1 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:This is what I get when I try to:
The Attachment/Image must be less than 650 pixels wide and 500 pixels high


o yeah i'm an admin so i'm not limited ... but as a user it does say that ... so i guess that is working properly ... but still what i was lookin for was thumbnailed based on dimensions and not filesize and being able to upload any dimensions just that it gets thumbnailed over a set size ... guess i'll just have to keep the UPLOAD PICTURE option for pictures and use the attachment mod for other things

A little bit of coding could change that. There is a part that says "Image Link Dimensions" so maybe that can be used to do what you're looking for. I'd have to get back to you on that later if you want.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

madpwr1
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 am

Post by madpwr1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:24 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
madpwr1 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:This is what I get when I try to:
The Attachment/Image must be less than 650 pixels wide and 500 pixels high


o yeah i'm an admin so i'm not limited ... but as a user it does say that ... so i guess that is working properly ... but still what i was lookin for was thumbnailed based on dimensions and not filesize and being able to upload any dimensions just that it gets thumbnailed over a set size ... guess i'll just have to keep the UPLOAD PICTURE option for pictures and use the attachment mod for other things

A little bit of coding could change that. There is a part that says "Image Link Dimensions" so maybe that can be used to do what you're looking for. I'd have to get back to you on that later if you want.


yeah that would be great if you could .... thanks for your help, much appreciated

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”