Attachment Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
16%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 2864

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:20 pm

If you change it back to the standard "files" directory does it work? What about the permissions for root or the webserver user to write to disk?
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:45 pm

Like I said, the permissions are at a maximum for everyone.

I've tried changing it back to /files and it didn't work.
Although that was the main reason I tried with /attach in the first place.

Any other suggestions?

boswells

Post by boswells » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 pm

guys

i installed this mod today but in the admintsrative panel th e navigation bit i get follwoing error

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/i16bosw/public_html/Homelearning/admin/admin_attachments.php on line 753
pls advise..im total noob

madpwr1

Post by madpwr1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:35 am

DavidIQ wrote: Well...I didn't have to do anything :lol:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=362983

that's not exactly what i was looking for, i was lookin for somethin where you set the dimensions example 650 x500 pixels and any picture bigger than that would be resized to the maximum 650 x500 and would be clickable to view as original which would remove the hassle of having to click all the thumbs to see what it is you're lookin at and keep the pictures at a size that wouldn't screw up the look of your forum .... but in any case this would do the job BUT that mod has a huge error considering it's function, thumbnails become broken links instead of thumbnails which is why you'd want that mod to begin with ... the create_thumbnails.php file in that thread doesn't fix the problem, at least for me it didn't ... i posted there, so hopefully someone has a real fix ... thanks a lot for the help David, much appreciated!

this mod, http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/5782 ,does exactly what i need and i already have it runnin on my forum ... if this could be somehow incorporated into the attachment mod so that i wouldn't need both that would be perfect :D

JasonHilton

Post by JasonHilton » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:53 am

Hey Guys,

I have a stock phpbb install using the pre modded attatchment files. Everything is working fine, but I want to change styles, what files do I have to modify?

Thanks,
Jason :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked through the install.txt and went and added all the stuff to the template files. All seems to be working now.

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:52 am

I think there is something left out of my copy. I have neither the user guide nor the install.txt file. And I downloaded it off this site. I don't have either of those files and have been through the entire folder. I wanted to add it to a couple of skins on my forum. Without those two documents, I have no way of doing it. Could someone please attach them here?

stavatars

Post by stavatars » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:54 am

Nevermind I was having a duh moment. It was under DOC for DOCuments. DUH!

boswells

Post by boswells » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 am

Ive just created a forum and added a attatchment mod ..when i click on to make new topic the page exapands its width drasticly

http://www.boswells.essex.sch.uk/Homele ... wtopic&f=1

can anyone advise what page i can look at and get this soretd?

thanks in advance

it only happens when i create anew topic

whilst posting reply its ok

boswells

Post by boswells » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:41 am

edit - fixed

tommytomato

Post by tommytomato » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Question please
Attachment Quota
Maximum Disk Space ALL Attachments can hold on your Webspace. A value of 0 means 'unlimited'.

does that mean all the Attachments in the current upload directory for the forum, hope you get what I mean

TT

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:34 pm

It's referring to the total size of the directory where all the attachments are being stored at.

tommytomato

Post by tommytomato » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 pm

thank you

Some times I get lost in my own terms, but you said it better :lol:

TT

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:23 pm

DavidIQ, I have found another alternative to display thumbnails within posts (imageshack.us), but I'd really rather have my own Attachments MOD up and fully functional :P

Do you have any other suggestions over that one? [the issue is just a scroll of a mouse up].
Thank you.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:37 pm

Etherfast wrote: DavidIQ, I have found another alternative to display thumbnails within posts (imageshack.us), but I'd really rather have my own Attachments MOD up and fully functional :P

Do you have any other suggestions over that one? [the issue is just a scroll of a mouse up].
Thank you.

Searching around I found that the error message you're getting might be getting truncated so it wasn't looking familiar to me. Check for upload_max_size and post_max_size in your php.ini file and change them accordingly.

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Searching around I found that the error message you're getting might be getting truncated so it wasn't looking familiar to me. Check for upload_max_size and post_max_size in your php.ini file and change them accordingly.

Already thought of that. Both post_max_size and upload_max_size in php.ini are 2MB for both Local Value and Master Value so it should be ok from this point of view.
Anything else? :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”